i.d lock / fraud

United States Review updated:
id lock w/s
Phone: 18004758143
while filling out a loan request on line this company took it on their self to sign me up for id lock tried 2 times to withdrawl money from my account they tried to collect $29.99 from my bank account without my permission costing me $70.00 in over draft fees this is fraud and scam program be careful

A  7th of Apr, 2010 by
I am looking for information to stop this from coming out of my checking account. Does anyone have any information to contact this company? I have called the number I have and it is going to a car warranty place.
This company is a scam. I dont even remember seeing where to sign up for this.
N  10th of Apr, 2010 by
Oh. Did you by any chance get a phone call saying that the warranty on your car was about to expire, and that you needed to 'act now' in order to prevent this from happening? If so, did you give them your information? I have received dozens of phone calls from this company. I don't HAVE a car, so I knew it was a scam. But, hearing that your calls were answered by a 'car warranty' place rang a bell. I also looked them up in the reverse directory when I was getting these calls, and there were LOTS of complaints about them, but I don't remember exactly what they were beyond lots of people complaining about the calls despite the fact that they were on the 'do not call' list. Sorry I can't remember any more. I haven't gotten calls from them for about 6 months now. Up until then I was getting calls at least twice a week for months on end. I assumed they were finally put out of business from so many complaints against them. Don't know if that helps, but I can't think of anything else, except telling your bank to put up a stop payment against them, and to keep on looking for any information you can find. Make the bank help you. They MUST have some information about them if they're accepting the charges. Let us know what you find out.