ICore Canada / Harassing phone calls

ICore Canada
We've been receiving automated phone calls from ICore Canada several times a week for the last five years. We just don't know how to make them stop. Every time, they leave a message asking us to call back [protected]. I understand that this is a collection agency, but they have the wrong phone number and we don't have any unpaid bills.

N  6th of May, 2009 by
I want the daily phone calls with a recorded message saying that I need to call Icore Canada back...TO STOP.
N  6th of May, 2009 by
Have you seen this: /URL removed/

You might try to contact them - it looks as though they are initiating a class-action lawsuit against these people.
N  6th of May, 2009 by
Here's another one with some very good suggestions:

N  9th of May, 2009 by
Just to be VERY CLEAR, the company sending out harrassing phone calls is IQOR http://www.iqor.com/ not ICORE. iQor made up that crap name so no one could find them and would look under other names.

iQor is an international collection agency that has been annoying people around the world for years. iCore is a 100% legitimate part of the Alberta government that gives out grants to graduate students and professors.

Please stop confusing the two. iQor is trying to confuse you, so don't fall for it.

If someone calls you and claims to be from "iQor Canada, " know that they are LYING TO YOU. They are NOT in Canada.

Ask them how the weather is, because they'll never answer "snowy."
N  29th of Jun, 2009 by
Are you on Canada's National Do Not Call list?

If not, get on it. Here: https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/insnum-regnum-eng

It takes a few weeks (3 wks to a month I think) for it to kick in.

However, once it kicks in if they continue to call you, then you report them.

Company's you have or still do business with have the right to continue calling you. Currently companies can be stopped by having them remove you from their call list, unless it is a specific problem with your account. Companies you no longer do business with but have done business with during the past 18 months may call you for up to 18 months after your association with them has ended.

Make sure you keep track of the phone numbers that these calls are coming from - you'll need that to file a report. The page I linked above has a place to file complaints as well.

The DNCL has actually (and finally) begun to work for us. We got on when it first came out, however there seemed to be some problems with the early list because we got MORE calls after signing on. A couple of months back I rechecked the list and our name and number was missing, so I signed on again. Last month, almost all our telemarketing calls just stopped. Only one company has called after the list kicked in - they called twice, two days in a row. The first day I requested no more calls and reminded them to check the DNCL list. The second day, I told them again about the DNCL list and told them if I received one more call from them, I'd report their number and company. There are hefty fines for ignoring the list.

To date, I haven't received any more calls from them.

Good luck.
N  9th of Apr, 2010 by
Recieved a 'garbled' msg on my work/home line today. Only disernable part was the phone number& ext #. Called, was greeted by the standard answering msg and prompted to call ext# if I had one. Done. Things learned A) I-866-637-7780 is I CORE CANADA. B) ext# 4071426 is Mrs Hissans line. Of course, lights are on but no ones home so hopped on ye'ol internets to learn a little more of this fine CANADIAN firm. Well hello, no WWW. but a lot of P/O'D folks, what a shock. Collection agency eh, nice. Another one for the boat ride folks, No debt to anyone, but a friend who happens to be a Bankruptcy trustee. Should they call back, thinkin this could have some entertainment value if nothing else. She's NASTY ! Anyhoo, last mention of problems with this latest collection of clowns to hit the phone lines was a while ago so not sure if anyones keep'n track. My sympathy to anyone whose had to endure these clowns, once in a bad way myself, endured a few legitimate collection calls, not fun.
A  20th of Aug, 2010 by
Canadian Debt Collection Laws
Enacted in the same spirit as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Canadian debt collection laws stipulate that creditors may not engage in any form of abusive practices such as calling the debtor at unreasonable hours at home or at work, presenting any sort of threat, promise or charge not pertaining to the debt, calling the debtor's employer without his or her permission (except to verify that he or she is employed), or communicating with anyone in the debtor's family or workplace in a way that may cause distress, alarm or humiliation.