ICICI NRI Banking Service / a victim of icici nri banking service

India Review updated:
I am a victim of ICICI NRI banking service. I have been using this service since March 2006 and have experienced delays in remittance to beneficiarys account. Normally the amount should reach into the account within 5 working days through electronic transfer. But sometimes, they do the payment through a DD (which isnt too bad,though slows down the process).

This month, I transferred the money on 4th and on the 10th May received an email from a Customer Service Officer called Mr. R.Promod Kumar informing that the amount was sent through NEFT to the beneficiarys bank and they should receive it within 7 working days. Its 25th may and there is no sign of this money.

I have been trying to contact the customer care everyday -through emails and phones,which is quite expensive. But, the numbers never seem to work and if picked up by any chance nobody seems to have any solution, always saying thats not the right service. One Mr. sayed Masood Ghori also replied saying they would update me within 3 working days and this is the end of 3rd day, I still haven't received this promised update!!

I send this money to help my retired parents to support them and due to this delay they have been suffering so much, their cheques have bounced (they will have to pay some penalties) and their general health is suffering too.

Could someone help and guide me?

N  6th of Jun, 2007 by
You can drop a query or try calling them. I use citi for money transfers and they transfer it quickly
A  11th of Dec, 2009 by