ICICI Lombard / fraud and cheating

1 India Review updated:

I have a ICICI Lombard-General Insurance Health Policy. And I got a phone call from ICICI saying all my personal details, credit card number, date of birth which they got from my ICICI Lombard policy, saying "All the ICICI Lombard customers will be converted to ICICI Prudential, so you need to take a new policy from ICICI Prudential, and your previous policy will be discontinued". But after 3 months it doesn't happen. The money is still deducted from my credit card. I have contacted the ICICI Lombard people, they said that I am being misguided and no further action is taken.

Ra

Comments

• Re
      20th of Nov, 2008

Yes.I received a call from a guy roshan from icici on icici lombard policy.He promised to close icici pru health policy and refund the amount if I took lombard policy.he gave the contactnumber (912242161033, 09322423865) to call back in case of any queries.But no refund was done.And the number remains switched off or the person diconnects.All cheating guys.I am sure ICICI is aware of such things happening but turning deaf ear to it.Please dont believe any calls from ICICI credit card.Meet them in person and decide.

• Sk
      23rd of Feb, 2009

ICICI lombard health insurance is fraud, TTK is the claims settlement facility for them. We had ICICI lombard health insurance for the past 3 years, this is the first time we are putting across a claim and these guys showed their real intention - ensure that you are irritated to the best in asking unwanted documents that you will never obtain from a hospital in the normal course. Finally they will say that because of non-availability of required documents they can't go ahead with the claim process.
    Look at the actual pending documents list posted in my case:
    1. REQUIRE ORIGINAL DISCHRGE CARD.
    2. REQUIRE ALL ORIGINAL INVESTIGATION REPORT DONE DURING HOSPITALISATION.
    3. REQUIRE MEDICAL CERTIFICATE FROM TREATING DOCTOR STATING THE
    a)CASE SUMMARY IN SHORT
    4. REQUIRE ALL PRIOR CONSULTATION PAPERS WITH INVESTIGATION REPORT WITH SUBSEQUENT PAPERS SINCE START OF
    a)CAUSE IN THIS CASE
    b)CHUT DISCOMFORT. REQUIRE PHOTOCOPY OF INDOOR CASE PAPERS WITH HISTORY SHEET.

---------------------
    Friends first of all look at the english, its pathetic. Also "REQUIRE PHOTOCOPY OF INDOOR CASE PAPERS WITH HISTORY SHEET". This is a classic case of fraud, none of the hospitals provide photocopies of internal documents. So friends, this is from my experience, never entertain these frauds.