ICICI Home Loan / unprofessional approach delayed property acquisition

I have applied for a home loan through ICICI Bank during Nov'06. I was contacted by one Mr.subramanian for processing my application (he's working for I power - one of ICICI's franchise). He took all the documents including a cheque for a sum of Rs.4590/- towards further processing. And he gave a sanction letter for Rs.8 Lac after 15 day's of receipt of the same.

And the scrutinizing work progressed for more than 45 days and also I was confirmed of the registration process. One fine morning, a week ago I got a call from Mr. SasiKumar (who introduced himself as Credit Manger) with regard to some clarification. I thought it was a final call before registration. To my surprise, that person was opening my file for the first time and asking for all clarification from beginning. Then, he wanted a Title Document for my identified property for 13 years, which was not available. I told him that, then he immediately replied (furiously) me that it is very difficult to process my application further. (I really do not want to narrate the way he spoke to me..it was really embracing for any human).

Having waited for more than 45 days, I got a worst treatment from your bank official saying all this junk. If it was intimated to me much earlier, I.e preliminary documents required for applying loan, I would not have come across all this hurdles. Now, I am running short of time, as I have given only 45 days of time to acquire the property, as I have entered an agreement with the landlord by giving an advance.

This is the second harassment I am facing from ICICI Bank after my personal loan issue (Attached for your info.)

Above all, that particular representative took a cash from me for Notarization etc, he's not returned the same. When I ask for the same he's not even responding. And also I was informed that my processing fee cheque will not be returned to me for the simple fact that I got a written sanction letter, which cost for rs. 4590/-.

I am terribly traumatized by all these. So everyone beware of ICICI Home Loan!

A  2nd of Jan, 2007 by
Yes Its true...Please don't bank with ICICI
A  16th of Jan, 2007 by
ICICI is especially famous (!!!) for making promises of quick processing and collecting cheques for processing fees. These are then encashed before processing even begins...

Recommend that one issue a stop payment on the cheques provided towards and fees and issue fresh ones if the bank keeps to its commitment on time!! The bank cannot blame you if the cheques are returned as the commitments are usually not kept from their side. You can always make the payment again on satisfactory receipt of services.

N  25th of Sep, 2008 by
N  8th of Oct, 2008 by
i have home loan with icici.before seven month, they took last 7 pdc for my loan.Now suddenely they r saying that i more emi is pending.How can a remaining loan amount of 30, 000 add another EMI due to interest hike.Pls beware of this ONE MORE idea from this bank.
N  11th of Nov, 2009 by
Dear sir/mam
I have home loan with icici before 3 year my loan no. lbygr00001407151 in the name of Radha Krishan sharma s/o Sh Satpal sharma. the rate of int. in my home loan is now charging at 12% but actual rate of int. in that time accroding to bank is 8.75% so give me the reason that why you are charging 12% on my loan.please give the reason my contact no. is 09896890953 as soon as possible
A  2nd of Mar, 2010 by
kind attn.- Manager, ICICI Bank Noida, Sec-50

Dear Sir,
I agree with the above complaints . I had also paid full & final amount on 9.2.10
( home loan a/c no. LBDEL00000366485) and I was assured and promised by the concerned
official that within 4-5 days letter will come for handing over original documents . But almost a month is going to be over no letter has come .
Why ICICI is so unreliable when it has to return or pay to others their due? and very efficient to recover or charge money from the customer?
Will anybody listen to my complaint and take quick action before I am forced to go to media?

D.K.Bhattacharya, 4/178 Chiranjiv Vihar, Ghaziabad
Phone : 9350724358
N  4th of Mar, 2010 by
Dear Mr. Bhattacharya,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
We'll contact you and work to address your issue at the earliest.

ICICI Customer Service Team.
A  25th of Mar, 2010 by
I am the seller of a property in Bangalore.

All property documents / details had been provided to buyer before loan sanction.

The buyer insisted that he would proceed with agreement only after he got it cleared through legal / technical team in ICICI. Valuation people came on Feb 25th or so. They apparently gave him the go ahead, after which we signed the sale agreement on March 1st.

The buyer has given EMI cheques and everything was supposedly ready for disbursement, with registration scheduled for April 3rd.

Now they are raising an objection due to horizontal deviation, deviation from plan and lack of setbacks

The property in existence for nearly 10 years now
Taxes up to date
All construction in the area is similar
ICICI Bank had funded the property in 2004 and loan closed only in Jan 2010.

The loan amount approved is about Rs.20 lakhs, when purchase price is Rs.36.9 lakhs. The buyer is contributing almost 46% (Rs.16.9 lakhs). Properties in the area are sellling for Rs.40-50 lakhs. Considering that, the risk to the bank seems low.

My parents have paid an advance for another home in RT Nagar and were supposed to sign the agreement today (25th) and move this weekend (27th and 28th)

I spent almost $750 to get the PoA attested by the Indian Embassy. They asked for several documents at different points of time, but we gave them everything. They even asked for my PAN Card details, saying it was required for disbursement.

After co-operating with them completely, why are they raising this issue now?

The buyer and his wife are both employed in good companies (Fidelity and Infosys) and their down payment is quite high. Its not as if they are going to default on the loan, even if someone raises an objection later on. I am sure they will deal with it and resolve it.

Did it take them ONE MONTH to realize that there are technical deviations?

If deal falls through, who is going to compensate for all the expenses, incurred by me as well as the buyer?

I fully intend to ensure that the buyer takes up this matter in Consumer Court for compensation, since I would be deducting all my expenses + penalty from the advance payment that he has made.
Facility vide application number : 777 8309939
Franchisee code : ADM-0047-164659
Reference Number : 60938697
N  29th of Mar, 2010 by
Hi Hema,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
We'll contact you and work to address your issue at the earliest.

ICICI Customer Service Team.
N  26th of Jun, 2010 by

List of above complain/issues force me to think twice-thrice and even many more before taking any loan from ICICI bank.

Thanks you all guys who have publish their complain against this bank.

A  26th of Jun, 2010 by
ICICI bank Customer Support,

Stop writing template reply to all users.

Do something great that you haven't done before.

Try to set your great benchmark - create healthy relationship with costumers. We all can take to you on top but all above complain are just loosing confidence on you. Simple I won't much trust over loan product. And won't apply for any loan and even not suggest to other as well

N  30th of Jun, 2010 by
Hi Manish,

We value our customers and try to ensure that the customer's issues are addressed at the first point of contact itself. However, if these issues are still unresolved we request our customers to mail us on the standard e-mail ID "care@icicibank.com" in order to ensure security of their banking information and to address their concerns..

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.
A  1st of Sep, 2011 by
This complaint was posted in Jan 2007. And I had similar experience with ICICI bank in Aug 2011. I guess nothing has changed in ICICI. They tell you there is no fee for application processing. And after all document verification, which took 2 months, they are asking me to pay Rs. 33, 000, which is 0.5% of Rs. 60 lac loan amount. But I have not even decided whether to get a loan or not. And if I had decided to buy a property for Rs 30 lacs only, then I still would have paid Rs 33, 000. If you want peace of mind, DON'T GET LOAN FROM ICICI.
N  7th of Sep, 2011 by

We would like to clarify your concerns. Please write to us with your contact details at care@icicibank.com. Kindly refer "2199942" in the subject line.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team