ICICI Direct / locking of my equity demat account

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir / Madam

This is my third mail to your department for unlocking of my account but in the last 48 Hours not a single communication has been done from the bank with me regarding the below mentioned pending issue.

This has reference to the Locking of my Demat (Equity) Account No. IN[protected] which I am holding in ICICI bank since Year 2002. At the moment I am holding good amount of shares which has been locked because of the non submission of form which were destroyed due to floods in year 2005. I have already given time twice (May 2007 & August 2007) to your department for fulfillment of the forms but the guys never turned up at my place on the given date and time for the forms to be filled. I am not an free person sitting all the time at home, to be waiting for your guys to turn up to fulfill the requirement which was caused due to your companies negligence by not storing the forms properly.

Upon contacting your customer care, they told me that until and unless I dont submit the form the account cant be reopened. Now that I am out of town and planning to go out of country in the next few days theres no way that I can fullfillment that requirement. Although there is no mistake on my part and even after giving appointment twice to your Bank if the people dont turn up then theres no way that ICICI Bank holds the authority to Lock my account because of the Banks fault.

Your nearest Branch from my place at the moment is 50 around KMts. and thats the worst Branch (Vallabh Vidya Nagar) in the whole of India as far as banking is concerned. No sitting arrangement, no proper answers to the queries, Unlimited waiting period, Officers chitchatting instead of solving customers grievences & problems, Hanging on the phones most of the times.

Hence I would like to request you to look into the matter as soon as possible or else finally unwantingly I would then have to take up the matter with the higher authorities and with Banking and SEBI regulatory boards.

Thanking You

Patel Kalpesh J

Comments

• Is
      18th of Jul, 2008

my ac no 29030277

• Ud
      25th of Oct, 2008

Dear Patel Kalpesh J,

I can understand your predicament & the Harassment that is being caused to you unjustly with dent on your financial wealth & health, specially when you wish to sell the same in a falling market where prices get eroded everyday by more than 10%.

May I request you to arrange to contact the Registrar of the nearest Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum at Anand-Gujarat whose address is as under with Telephone Nos, with all relevant correspondence.

The Registrar,
    ---------------------
    The Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum,
    Anand District Forum,
    1, Ajanta Society, Mahavir Marg, District Anand-Gujarart.
    Tel No: 02692-266022.

I am sure upon going thorough the same & above contents, He will be able to guide you to file a Complaint quickly for the above & assist you to further process it to claim the loss that you must have sustained, Compensation for Harassment & the Cost of filing this litigation / complaint.

Believe, me with them on your side & we KARMAYOGIs on this side, you are no more helpless & left in Financial quandary continuously.

Should it be difficult to meet the registrar immediately / within a week, you may file your complaint with the " Consumer Online Resources & Empowerment Center" [ http://core.nic.in ] & then arrange to forward the acknowledgment from CORE also to me with ALL the relevant details / documents to me duly scanned with a brief on the situation & effective steps taken by & not responded by them to resolve with losses sustained, I shall assist you to take it further.

Thanking you in anticipation & Best of Luck.

Uday Prabhu- 0922 057 3589