ICICI Bank / wrong amounts charged, mental harassment

1 New Delhi, India Review updated:

I wanted to buy 1 HCL Computer from Ambience Agencies Pvt. Ltd., F-12A, Savitri Market, Sector-18, Noida on 16th May 2005. Before making the payment, I called up the ICICI Credit Card Customer Care that I wish to get the amount converted in EMIs. I was told by the Executive that this can be done if I call them within 10 days after the purchase. Therefore, I called up again on 18th May 2005 and informed them that I have purchased the computer (Receipt no. 4786) and requested them to get the amount converted into EMIs. But later on when I received the Credit Card statement dated 29th May 2005 (attached), the amount was not converted. I informed ICICI Customer Care but the executive refused. I kept on giving the possible amounts during this time. On 16th January 2006, I sent separate letters (detailed) through Speed Post to Mr. Abhishek & The Manager, ICICI Credit Card Division, Videocon Tower, Jhandewalan, New Delhi explaining all the incidents but no one responded. Also sent an detailed email on the same date to the customer.care@icicibank.com regarding this. On 25th July 2006, I received a legal notice from Mr. I.K.Jha (Advocate) on behalf of ICICI Bank. I kept on getting calls again & again threatening regarding the payments and threatening me of the consequences. When this process of harassment did not stop then I sent a legal notice to The Manager, ICICI Credit Card Division, Videocon Tower, Jhandewalan, New Delhi & The Manager, ICICI Bank, New Friends Colony, New Delhi on 9th August 2008. During this whole period I have always received all the calls from everyone who has called on behalf of ICICI and tried to explain everything. Finally Mr. Bijender called me up from ICICI & said that he is sorry for whatever harassment I went through but now wants to close this matter amicably. We discussed the amounts which I had already paid and then we agreed on the amount of Rs. 20, 000. In return to this he promised me a final settlement letter. But when the executive came to my office (Sriram Center for Art & Culture, Safdar Hashmi Marg, New Delhi) on 14th September 2007, the amount mentioned was Rs. 25, 000. When I called up Bijender, he told me that is a printing mistake and the settlement is Full & Final and requested me to mention this on the slip. He also assured me that he will issue me a new letter ASAP mentioning the amount of Rs. 20, 000 as the Full & Final settlement amount. On this assurance, I handed over CASH i.e. Rs. 20, 000 (Receipt: 3448553) to the executive. Mr. Bijender called up again on 18th September 2007, and informed me that he will not close the matter if I do not pay the amount of Rs. 20, 000 one more time i.e. the total amount for settlement will be Rs. 40, 000. At that point I was under so much pressure, tension and had faced so much harassment that I agreed to pay Rs. 20, 000 (Receipt: 3448556) more to get the Full & Final settlement done. Even after the payment Rs. 40, 000, I did not get any updated letter of Full & Final Settlement from the ICICI. Mr. Bijender stopped taking my calls and the ICICI Bank stopped sending the credit card statements to my rediffmail ID for some time but again I started receiving statements and the amount kept on increasing. I am sending the Xerox of all the related documents. I tried my best to sort this but I was always harassed, pressurized and insulted again & again from the ICICI officials. I was really shocked to see that the amount of Rs. 41, 140 due despite the payment of Rs. 40, 000. I have also requested the CIBIL authorities to intervene ASAP and help me to get this sorted for once and all...

Sa
Jul 25, 2015

Comments

• Ic
      27th of Jul, 2015

Dear Sir,

We are sorry to hear about your concern. Our official will get in touch with you. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,