ICICI Bank / account opening harrasment
I wanted to caution all on the harrowing experience with ICICI bank NRI division.
I have an existing NRO account with them and simply wanted add another joint holder to the account. It has been four months and my application has been dragging on.
If you look at the website the documentation for adding an account is clearly mentioned. You send that and the troubles start.
If you call the phone service they simply tell you the same documentation listed on the wesbite but you tell them that is what was sent they will start asking for extra documentation which is has not] relevance to adding a name. and it goes on and on.
It has been four months and my process is still not complete.
The supervisor never comes on phone.
I wonder if NRI banking is not profitable for Indian banks because I have only heard sad tales of rude and ineficient customer across all banks.
I wonder if someone can recommend a good bank that is easy to deal with.
More ICICI Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service! 
- [Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites 
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services 
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card. 
- ICICI Money2india Service - lying and cheating customers! 
- ICICI Bank - one assist activated without my permission
- ICICI Bank - worst nri customer care service
- ICICI Bank - savings account
- ICICI Bank - unauthorized credit card protection charges
- ICICI Bank - icici scam