ICICI Bank / seriously disappointed with icici bank's services

1 India Review updated:

I am really helpless with ICICI bank's services. To start with I will explain a recent scenario:

. For about last one year ICICI is flashing a message on online trading site to re-submit documents (address, phone ID and pp site photo etc.) for DMAT account as these details had been lost during the 26/07 rain in Mumbai.
. They were giving due dates and kept on extending that. Also giving option to send their executives to collect documents from customer's premises.

. As messages were flashing, I fixed datetime for documents collection. I fixed it through call center and through on online trading site also. I scheduled it multiple times.

. Executives never turned up. Message stopped flashing in the site for last 2/3 months. OUt of curiosity, I called up call center and asked about the account deactivation and got to know from the gentleman that online trading account will not be suspended just like that. Happy I was!

. On July 10, at around 9 pm I logged onto the site to apply for an attractive IPO (Everonn systems) and my account was deactivated. Next day (1 pm) was the last date for IPO. I called up call center to know that "Account will be suspended at least for a week after receiving the documents. These documents will be sent to NSDL for verification and then only accounts will be activated, alternatively I can go to bank branch and apply for IPO." Cool... I raised a request for document collection by executive.

But I was pretty much sure of ICICI staffs skill level. I called up again and happen to talk another executive to learn that "you cannot apply for this IPO by visiting bank branch even. However your request has been taken at priority level and within 48 hrs an executive will visit your place and then account will be activated."

Seeing conflicting views I asked to transfer the call to supervisor and response was "Supervisors are there till 8.30 pm only and its 9.30 pm.

Again called up at 10 pm to speak to supervisor and got response that "Supervisors are there till 9.30 pm only and you have to callup in the morning after 8.30 am.

Actually the first level contact fraternity in ICICI call center is so adamant that by all means they will NOT let you speak to supervisor unless customer is burring on the other side. And each call needs to start afresh and I observed that each call eats up around 30 mins (of time and money).

Morning again I called up and got to speak to a supervisor, It was like winning a war with the first level call center executive. I explained the entire scenario from start to end explaining the kind of losses I am incurring. Another picture came out. "An executive will collect paper by 4 pm. And immediately after receiving the documents your account will be activated. She gave me the name of the person (Mr Mahajan) who will visit and she said in case any problem I can call her up as she is the only supervisor" I told that reaching to supervisor is a nightmare task better she give me a call at 4 pm to know the status which she reluctantly accepted.

It was 2 pm and I had not received a call from Mr Mahajan (procedure is: executive will give a call and fix appointment and then visit the place)

I called up again, explained the situation and asked for that supervisor he said there are many supervisors and in my earlier call it might have gone to Mumbai call center where he cannot transfer.

Helplessly I waited for my clock to click magic time of 4 pm. I was damn sure that nothing is going to happen and it did not happen. I went to Thane(w) branch only to know that they don't KEEP the required form and as usual they promised to send an executive within 2 days.

On other side, from call center, my request was forwarded to Nagpur ! where I had to re-iterate my address in Thane. But this time after 2 days they were managed to send an executive from Ghatkopar branch. And I gave details for my wife's and my accounts.

Now, after 8/10 days of submission why the same original warning is flashed again ??? It's same as before warning - "Submit your DMAT account proof papers otherwise your account will be suspended".

I am really very much worried that the same cycle will have to be repeated.

Moral of writing such a bug story is:
------------------------------------
This is not the isolated instance but this is the most frequent phenomenon at ICICI. In last 20 years I have not seen even a government institution working so casually. Indeed I would appreciate honest Thane Municipality officers who had delivered birth certificate for my son in a matter of 2/3 hrs!

I am having banking, DMAT & online trading accounts with ICICI for last 7/8 years. My wife is also having all these accounts with this bank. It would be really hard to recollect a single instance where ICICI said we will be delivering 'X' service by 'Y' date and that really happened. It has been a painful journey with ICICI. I will give a few examples below:

1. To clear an outstation check it took more than 2 months and I spent countless hrs talking to bank's call center personnel. Unfortunately, even at the highest level of escalation in the call center, all promises found to be false.

2. If they say PIN delivery will take 7 working days then I safely multiply it by the factor of 4. Same for every other services.

3. You would be surprised to know that I am struggling to get a internet banking PIN for my wife's account for last 3 months. Still I have not received the password. Indeed, I have stopped following it now.

4. Bank's irresponsible attitude is clear to the currier services as well. They deliver at their own luxury and they don't fear to proxy receiver's sign. It has happened with me and I brought into bank's notice.

5. Call center personnel are extremely difficult people and they are not trained about the banking rules and ICICI processes and they give contradictory information.

I have raised these concerns with ICICI from time to time but things don't seem to change. I understand that there's no way to compensate losses due to these people.

People beware!!!

Comments

28th of Jul, 2007

In full agreement with what all has be stated by Mr Sandeep. In fact, I myself have faced unexpected delay in the processes for of a Personal Loan. Initially they say something else, then finally it tuns out to be something completely different.

• Pr
      7th of Aug, 2007

ICICI DMAT service is the worst and the most hopeless services I have ever seen. From past few weeks I tried to login at least 100s of times and failure rate is 99%.
    Even you login it won't allow you to trade with some foolish messages. I am already loosing a good amount in trading regularly.

Some body please teach a lesson to these idiots or let me know if anybody is planning any legal action and I could help in any way.

Thanks,
    Prashant.

30th of Apr, 2008

Yes, i have experienced that ICICI services are de-grading, tough i appreciate some of the initiatives.
    It is still love-hate relationship for me.

One thing is sure, their call centre guys are INCOMPETENT people to handle complaints.
    I have spent nothing less than 5-6 calls, 2-3 hours on call centre on each of my complaints.

ICICI must find a way to resolve complaints, have proper escalation systems etc.

In my case, HDFC bank returned a cheque i wrote for ICICI card on technical grounds "signature not matching", tough i have been paying the same credit card from same bank for last 7 years and I had enough of money in HDFC account.
    I also made a prompt payment on a new cheque the next day after i saw my HDFC ATM slip.

But ICICI's computer records wrongly showed the first payment as cleared. I took initiative to correct the records since i could see from my HDFC acccount that the cheque has been returned. I had to spend many hours on phone & weeks of follow up to settle the case. ICICI refused to re-present the cheque after I spoke to HDFC clearing house person who requested me to re-present.

" WHO WILL COMPENSATE ME FOR THE TIME LOST ?"

And i have experienced that the call centre guys are DUMB, very DUMB, incompetent to handle the jobs for which the customer faces great loss, irritation, frustration & some may actually turn violent.

WHO WILL PENALISE THE BANKS ? THE FINANCE MINISTRY AND RBI MUST CONTROL THEM.

ICICI BANK DOES NOT HAVE A PLACE IN NAGPUR TO GIVE A WRITTEN COMPLAINT FOR CREDIT CARDS AND GET ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. THIS PROVES THAT THEIR INTENTIONS ARE MALAFIED AS WE DONT GET ANY RECORD FOR CALL CENTRE CONVERSATION. I RARELY GOT A REQUEST NUMBER OR CONFIRMATION SMS - WHICH LARGELY REMAINS A VIRTUAL, ELECTRONIC PROOF.

IS THERE A LAW IN INDIA THAT A COMPANY MUST ANSWER ALL COMPLAINTS ?
    THAT IT MUST PROVIDE A LOCAL ACCESS WHERE COMPLAINTS ARE HANDLED IN PERSON ?

WHO WILL WANT TO WALK INTO A BRANCH IF COMPLAINTS ARE HANDLED EFFICIENTLY ON CALL CENTRE ?

ARE YOU LISTENING MR. FINANCE MINISTER ?

YES, THE BOLD TEXT ABOVE SHOWS MY LEVEL OF UNREST, EVEN THINKING OF THE HARDSHIP I FACED.

21st of Jul, 2008

Hi! People do not be against me if I reveal that I am an ex-ICICI call center executive (precisely put- Phone Banking Officer(PBO)). The best thing about working there was their canteen- great food at pretty subsidised rates. Therefore, I was able to work for upto 12 hrs there, daily, even on my 'off' days! No, I am not kidding, seriously. However, I completely agree that most ICICI customers have serious grievances agaist the incompetency of the bank's branch and call center employees. I want all readers to appreciate the situation and analyse this problem from these employees' point of view. (1) Salary out there is much below the industry level. (2) Quality of training is not too good. (3) Middle level management (say, the supervisors) staff are not very co-operative towards the call takers (they disallow call takers from transferring customer calls to them- they do not pick up phone at their extension!)... Moral of the story: Please help the PBO to help you- be patient, do not express your frustration by shouting at or abusing the call taker. These problems are there at all call centers, but, they are there more at ICICI! I request the ICICI Bank mngmt. to release more funds, PLEASE! & Kindly take remedial measures on a war footing else you will loose out in the competition! (1)Recruit more officers, you are badly under staffed. (2)Please retain your experienced staff by giving them monetary incentives and growth opportunities. The attrition rate at ICICI call center is one of the highest that I have witnessed... To sign off- Good Luck to all associated with brand ICICI :-)

12th of Nov, 2008

i want to know about my credit card application

12th of Nov, 2008

to know about my credit card application my date of birth is 05/02/1977 pls reply me as soon as possible.

• Az
      26th of Jul, 2010

The mail services available in ICICI net banking is useless as what ever be the message sent there wont be any reply nowadays.
    The customer service is very bad - when I applied for opening Current Account for Reimbersement purpose, the account is not yet active still now after three weeks. When I contacted the ICICI contact person for my Company, he asked me to contact Customer Care. When I enquired Customer Care, they again asked me to contact the person from whom I applied for opening the account.
    Better we should not use the services of this bank.

11th of Jun, 2013

Respected Sir/Madam,

I Madhukant shah an account holder of your reputed bank ICICI and my pl ac number is LPMUM00011393227. I just want to bring to your notice that I owe the bank some money and due to my loss in buisness I will be making a payment which I owe the bank litte later. But your agaency which you have given my details for collection are so rude, I for sure know that it is an agency because the bank executives are very humble unlike these agency executives who have abused me like no one has ever abused me, they have threatened to pick my wife and my family from my house they are mentally harassing me in every possible way on the phone of which I am tired. vijay gupta 242455450, 9867671241 deepali 8655893052, sunita 9920192482 this prsn haresig nd used absuve word.

Feels very weird to inform you that even female executives speak in such filthy language. And I would also like you to know that I do have the recordings of these executives in which they state that they are calling from ICICI bank. Kindly request you to please investigate this matter as if I am harassed once again I will not back out from going to the media and the police for help. Yours faithfully,

Thanks

Madhukant Shah
    9819116174

• Ic
      22nd of Jun, 2013

Dear Mr.Shah,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We have made a note of your contact details . Our official will get back to you.

Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.