ICICI Bank / seriously disappointed with icici bank's services
I am really helpless with ICICI bank's services. To start with I will explain a recent scenario:
. For about last one year ICICI is flashing a message on online trading site to re-submit documents (address, phone ID and pp site photo etc.) for DMAT account as these details had been lost during the 26/07 rain in Mumbai.
. They were giving due dates and kept on extending that. Also giving option to send their executives to collect documents from customer's premises.
. As messages were flashing, I fixed datetime for documents collection. I fixed it through call center and through on online trading site also. I scheduled it multiple times.
. Executives never turned up. Message stopped flashing in the site for last 2/3 months. OUt of curiosity, I called up call center and asked about the account deactivation and got to know from the gentleman that online trading account will not be suspended just like that. Happy I was!
. On July 10, at around 9 pm I logged onto the site to apply for an attractive IPO (Everonn systems) and my account was deactivated. Next day (1 pm) was the last date for IPO. I called up call center to know that "Account will be suspended at least for a week after receiving the documents. These documents will be sent to NSDL for verification and then only accounts will be activated, alternatively I can go to bank branch and apply for IPO." Cool... I raised a request for document collection by executive.
But I was pretty much sure of ICICI staffs skill level. I called up again and happen to talk another executive to learn that "you cannot apply for this IPO by visiting bank branch even. However your request has been taken at priority level and within 48 hrs an executive will visit your place and then account will be activated."
Seeing conflicting views I asked to transfer the call to supervisor and response was "Supervisors are there till 8.30 pm only and its 9.30 pm.
Again called up at 10 pm to speak to supervisor and got response that "Supervisors are there till 9.30 pm only and you have to callup in the morning after 8.30 am.
Actually the first level contact fraternity in ICICI call center is so adamant that by all means they will NOT let you speak to supervisor unless customer is burring on the other side. And each call needs to start afresh and I observed that each call eats up around 30 mins (of time and money).
Morning again I called up and got to speak to a supervisor, It was like winning a war with the first level call center executive. I explained the entire scenario from start to end explaining the kind of losses I am incurring. Another picture came out. "An executive will collect paper by 4 pm. And immediately after receiving the documents your account will be activated. She gave me the name of the person (Mr Mahajan) who will visit and she said in case any problem I can call her up as she is the only supervisor" I told that reaching to supervisor is a nightmare task better she give me a call at 4 pm to know the status which she reluctantly accepted.
It was 2 pm and I had not received a call from Mr Mahajan (procedure is: executive will give a call and fix appointment and then visit the place)
I called up again, explained the situation and asked for that supervisor he said there are many supervisors and in my earlier call it might have gone to Mumbai call center where he cannot transfer.
Helplessly I waited for my clock to click magic time of 4 pm. I was damn sure that nothing is going to happen and it did not happen. I went to Thane(w) branch only to know that they don't KEEP the required form and as usual they promised to send an executive within 2 days.
On other side, from call center, my request was forwarded to Nagpur ! where I had to re-iterate my address in Thane. But this time after 2 days they were managed to send an executive from Ghatkopar branch. And I gave details for my wife's and my accounts.
Now, after 8/10 days of submission why the same original warning is flashed again ??? It's same as before warning - "Submit your DMAT account proof papers otherwise your account will be suspended".
I am really very much worried that the same cycle will have to be repeated.
Moral of writing such a bug story is:
This is not the isolated instance but this is the most frequent phenomenon at ICICI. In last 20 years I have not seen even a government institution working so casually. Indeed I would appreciate honest Thane Municipality officers who had delivered birth certificate for my son in a matter of 2/3 hrs!
I am having banking, DMAT & online trading accounts with ICICI for last 7/8 years. My wife is also having all these accounts with this bank. It would be really hard to recollect a single instance where ICICI said we will be delivering 'X' service by 'Y' date and that really happened. It has been a painful journey with ICICI. I will give a few examples below:
1. To clear an outstation check it took more than 2 months and I spent countless hrs talking to bank's call center personnel. Unfortunately, even at the highest level of escalation in the call center, all promises found to be false.
2. If they say PIN delivery will take 7 working days then I safely multiply it by the factor of 4. Same for every other services.
3. You would be surprised to know that I am struggling to get a internet banking PIN for my wife's account for last 3 months. Still I have not received the password. Indeed, I have stopped following it now.
4. Bank's irresponsible attitude is clear to the currier services as well. They deliver at their own luxury and they don't fear to proxy receiver's sign. It has happened with me and I brought into bank's notice.
5. Call center personnel are extremely difficult people and they are not trained about the banking rules and ICICI processes and they give contradictory information.
I have raised these concerns with ICICI from time to time but things don't seem to change. I understand that there's no way to compensate losses due to these people.
More ICICI Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service! 
- [Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites 
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services 
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card. 
- ICICI Money2india Service - lying and cheating customers! 
- ICICI Bank - one assist activated without my permission
- ICICI Bank - worst nri customer care service
- ICICI Bank - savings account
- ICICI Bank - unauthorized credit card protection charges
- ICICI Bank - icici scam