ICFAI / examination

1 India Review updated:

My brother is pursuing mba distance from one of the branch of icfai at kolkata. this last jan'10 he appeared for the group A exam which result just arrived. After his exam he collect some information from some ICFAI regular student of campus that the Inst. never clear the distance learning studen in one attempt. As the course is meant for 7 years so they just try to collect more money thru this system as when ever you appaear for the exam you have to pay Rs. 1000 per group. My question to the senior one please help me & let me know is the system or any wayout is there. Should I ask this matter in the Campus or the news is fake. Please help.

De

Comments

• Om
      6th of Mar, 2010

Dear Deb!

Your brother may have joined the MBA program with a purpose. Hence I believe he must concentrate on studies and strengthen all his efforts and aim for success in the program rather then seeking clarification on unnecessary rumors .

• Ic
      29th of Mar, 2010

ICFAI University is really very Fraud university. People at this university does not know how to behave with students when they have issues not proper response and no professionalism is shown and as per the examinations for disctance education it is true that this people willing fail all the students to earn more money. i know how well i write my exams and i cleared my group A, B, C in one attempt but presently i am not able to clear my Group D since 3 attempts.

My Sincerely advice to all the new joins is that please do not join ICFAI university. Its time waste and money waste oraganization.

• Se
      7th of Apr, 2010

I completely agree with you. Even i am facing the same problem alongwith other problems like credit card payments only, Rs.100/Question Paper, Pathetic customer service, not getting enough marks no matter how hard i study... They just want money and nothing else.

• St
      19th of Apr, 2010

Ref: icfaistudent

You have just made
    Allegation against the University without revealing your identity.
    If you have any specific queries, you may write to ssd@icfaiuniversity.in or call to our toll free no 1800 425 2911 or 1800 103 0303.

SSO
    Student Service Dept

• Su
      20th of Apr, 2010

Hi icfaistudent,

You have just made
    allegation against the University without revealing your identity. When you could finish Group A, B, C and now when you are not able to clear D, you are becoming restless. Probably you would have become over confident and not focusing much on the studies. Since Group D is in Second Stage you need to spend more hours on preparing for the subjects in Group D. This is was my case also, I had to attempt twice Group D and realized that we need extra hours and the subjects in D are really tough. But once I cleared D, E was again easy. Hope you concentrate more time on studies, practice case studies etc. and come up with flying colors.

If you still have any issues, why don’t you write to University, the faculty may help you in understanding where you are going wrong.

• Po
      22nd of May, 2010

I think ICFAI is not an education center but more so a business center...for everything they are charging. Now they have come up with something called CIMBAG membership, which was no where specified during enrollment. They are the big cheaters.

They have now made this compulsory for you to pay after Group G, if you want to apply for Group H, it will add up Rs. 1000/- extra as CIMBAG membership fees or else you will not be able to register yourself for the exam.

This institute should be sued and recommend no one joins this university ever.

• Ra
      23rd of Apr, 2011

Common friends, while th etime enrolloing only you need to get more clear details from icfai executives. I am also student of ICFAI University, As per my knowledge th eservice is good, I have enrolled from Vishakapatnam. My executive is very helpfull to me, he provides me with all examination past questin papers. He clearly explained me all the things before enrolling. More over i am have appeared H group recently. Icfai subjects are very good and we can gain lots of knowledge. I have been studying hard and attempting my exams, till now i do not have any backlogs. We need to read more and should follow the old question papers.

• Ra
      23rd of Apr, 2011

CIMBAG: As per my knowledge it i snothing but the fees for the placements. Correct me if I am wrong. May be your executive as not given you all th edetails during enrollment or u may have missed them.

25th of Dec, 2012

Abu Dhabi
    25-12-2012
    Dear Sir
    Sub: Complaint letter - Enrolment no: 161100216766 &161100216764
    I, Sajeena Abdul Kadir (161100216766) & my Husband Afsal Ashraf (161100216764) Joined Sikkim Icfai on December 2011. We had appeared for online examination in July 2012 and recieved the result stating FAILED al though we appeared exam almost 2-3 times some subjects due to some error on the online exam which was not our fault. Still after writing it twice or thrice again the results came for some subject as failed which is beyond imagination & has broken moral for studying. We again paid for the failed subject and re- appeared for the online exam but faced same problems as before( sudden shut down of web page, some error massage in between and all) while attending the exam. And now its been many months that we have not received a single mail from university regarding the status of our exam.We are contacting Ms. Lathika 00919349458557 from icfai all these days. We call her like daily for getting the status but she keep on promising that there will be a reply soon from the higher department of icfai but please note there is note even a single mail from any department of ICFAI
    Please note we checked in website for the result its showing unable to view result contact ssd. We send many mails to them but not a single reply. It seems the university are least interested in acknowledging the students queries.
    I always believed that spreading education was the sole concern of the university. but even EDUCATION is now BUSINESS.
    Many Students in UAE are facing similar probles with icfai. Under the circumstances, We want you to note that you cannot easily get away unscathed. We will use all our resources and contacts to see that we get justice and you get punished for your misdeeds and for your hidden agenda to use our money for your benefits only.
    We will however wait for few more days before we initiate these actions against you. Please take the issue seriously and respond immediately.

Thanks & Regrads