ICC Systems / Rude and harassing!

1 NY, United States Review updated:

My husband has two credit card accounts with WAMU bank. Somehow one of the accounts got overlooked. They sent it to ICC for collections. Now our other account with WAMU is up to date, no problems. ICC Systems calls my cell phone. I answer, a nice polite young lady tells me she's from WAMU. I explain my husband is at school. Yes, I'm his wife. Fifteen seconds later there is this rude, obnoxious man on the phone screaming at me like a maniac. I try to explain that it was an over site on our part. Yes we know that its our fault. We are retired, get pension once a month. We will pay this on the first of the month.

He demands I make a payment immediately! I tell him its not possible. I again explain that I realize this is our fault but nothing can be done until the first. He begins to call me names, tells me that I'm some piece of work because I don't want to help my husband out. That he spoke to my husband and my husband told him that *I* ran up the bill and refused to pay it.

I'm now in tears. Still trying to explain that I can't make a payment. He is still berating me. I finally hang up. My husband calls on his way home from school and I tell him what happened. He is absolutely LIVID! How dare anyone talk to his wife like this!!!

I don't know how these people sleep at night.

More ICC Systems Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Od
      18th of Oct, 2010

This same thing happened to me as well. I had a credit card while I was in the military and ended up with a medical discharge after some maneuvers. They ended up calling me about it after I was 30 days late and proceeded to do exactly as the lady stated above. Name calling, hollering and saying how worthless I was. I told him I would pay it back as soon as I received my severance pay and disability, however he stated "that is just not good enough, you need to get your [censored] together and do this now." I hung up on him and called back and escalated it to a manager and harassed them daily with complaints until I felt justice was served.

I of course did my duty and payed off the card as soon as I received my disability. This was the worst I have EVER seen anyone treated by a company. I do not care WHO you are dealing with or WHO they are. You do not know what situation they are in and need to at the least be polite.

• Pi
      16th of Nov, 2010

This company called me. Actually in error. I am not even the person they are looking for. This guy was so rude and horrible. He would not even let me say one word, he kept interrupting me. He even said "lets figure this out as adults" I think he should take his own advice.