iCareer Kit / Fraudulent credit charges!

1 MassachusettsFitchburg, United States Review updated:

I have been fraudulently charged $69.95 for an iCareer Kit, that I have never applied for, and never received from, to my Capital One credit card for several months now, and the credit card company is finding FOR the fraudulent company!!! They can not supply me with a contract, or any other proof of purchase. The CC company says iCareer has my eMail address, and that is enough for them!? This company is out of Costa Rica, but cannot be contacted, nor will contact me. I suspect the Credit Card companies are in on this for $$, but have no proof. How can they get away with this fraud?! Our system sucks, to even allow this to happen.

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2008

My Chase credit card shows an unauthorized charge of $69.95, dated 01/18/08. Beware!

• Re
      12th of Feb, 2008

Taking money from my account unauthorized! Beware people!

• Lu
      24th of Mar, 2008

There is a telephone number for this company, 18883156933, it was provided to me by bank of america credit card customer service. I already call Icareer and they said that is not their fault if we click on a survey without reading terms and conditions that they don't give u the chance to read.
    They charge me two months. i think they do everything according to the law, but it must be something named "hidden vicious" to protect consumers from smart people like this one.

• Br
      18th of Jun, 2008

These losers charged me two months, but I will get them...

• El
      4th of Jul, 2008

This just happened to me; i was at Kmart trying to pay for diapers, etc...when to my surprise, my card was declined!!!
    What should I do? Call Netspend???Or the BBB?
    Anyone have an answer?
    TY,
    Elaine H.

• Ro
      18th of Jul, 2008

I have been charged for the past three months but when I call the phone number it sends a text to my cell phone. Then the text wants to charge me $10.oo to give me the phone number to get ahold of them. How can this be cancelled and credited back to my account? Does anyone know? Email me!

• Jr
      1st of Sep, 2008
    iCareer Kit - Being charged without notice or signing up
    ICareer Kit
    California

I have been charged $1.95 0n my credit card for a trial kit and then 2 weeks later was charged $69.95 even though I canceled the trial 4 days after I signed up for the trial service, which was bogus itself. I would like to get my money back also.

21st of Sep, 2008

the same situation has happened to me as richard doiron. same credit card company. same results. capital one keeps charging my card. who do i turn to now?

14th of Oct, 2008

SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO ME. WHAT DO I DO?

• Ke
      14th of Nov, 2008

I received unauthorized charges to my credit card.

• Al
      27th of Jan, 2009

iCareer is making a career out of swindling people! We contacted our Credit Union and they are reversing the charges. We are also contacting the Attorney General of our state to have this company from doing business in our state. We are also checking with the local U.S. Attorney to see about interstate fraud charges against iCareer to put them out of business. If enough people complain about this scam maybe they'll get what they have coming, Jail.

• Ed
      14th of Feb, 2009
    iCareer Kit - Billing/Charges
    icareer kit
    Leesville
    Louisiana

I was charged 69.95 for a kit I never ordered. I want to know what I can do to get my money back. I see I was not the only one being scammed. What can I do...

• Em
      15th of Feb, 2009

I am the next victim...they are doing it to my debit card. So how do you complain?

• Fe
      3rd of Aug, 2009
    iCareer Kit - Billing/Charges
    iCareer Kit
    Colorado

I cancelled this charge on my debit account. They insisted I had agreed to the original charges, which I still dispute. (Although could have been some free trial scam initially.) I cancelled on June 9 and they charged me again on June 10. This time they said it wasn't enough time to process the cancellation, granted they didn't tell me that when I called to cancel something I don't recall setting up in the first place. I hope they feel good about their unethical business practices. Don't waste your time or your money!