iCare Timeshare / Paid $988. to register our timeshare for sale

1 7354 Venture RdLantzville, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 250-390-4187 / 4288

On Aug 19 we registered with Icare to have them sell our timeshare in Mexico. Today we called to check on the status and all of the phone lines appear to have been disconnected. It appears we have been "taken" by this company!

Do you know if there is any kind of legal action going on with this company?
Will you be contacting us?

Email: tomkalmar@shaw.ca

Thanks
Tom Kalmar

More iCare Timeshare Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Su
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Guys I think the same thing happened to me... did you ever get a response?
    Susan Lozano
    slozano13184@yahoo.com

• 2t
      30th of Sep, 2009

9/30/09 - I called and pressed 1 for customer service and was disconnected, called again and got someone. I asked what was happening with the sale of my timeshare and was told the earlier buyers didn't pass financing and they have a couple of other people who are going through the approval process now. I should hear back in a couple of weeks (yeah, right!!). However, I was told if I don't hear back to feel free to call (as if I wouldn't feel free to call). I really wish we could get our money back - I just don't think this company is going to do anything for us.

• Do
      1st of Oct, 2009

I just got off of the phone with this company not five minutes ago. They called me from 1-954-653-2113 and also gave me a toll free number of 1-888-613-5315 and fax number 954-975-0422. I'm expecting an email from them within the next hour and when I get that, I'll post that address. I'm so glad I saw this posting before I gave them any money. I hope this information helps you get your money back.

The address they have registered with the Florida Department of State is 2700 W. Cypress Creek Road, Ste. C-106
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
    Call, write, fax, email. Do whatever you can to get their attention.

I also checked them out on the better business bureau and they have a B rating. According to the BBB, the company has in the past made a full refund and performed pursuant to the contract. You should all file complaints with the SE Florida BBB. It appears this company responds to complaints from the BBB. Maybe you'll get your refunds that way.

• Je
      7th of Nov, 2009

Said they had a buyer for $ 17, 891.00 to buy right away. Send them $ 1, 231 to close the deal.

• Di
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Ugh. I have been working with ICare. Specifically Marcus Bennett. I have to say it has been the WORST experience ever. When I contracted with Marcus, he said "we have a buyer for you, you will have cash in hand in 30 days" then 30 days later it was "it's taking a little longer, but the sale still is pending, you will have cash in hand in 22 days {Nov 24}"
    And I am not one to be easily taken. when first contacted, I was not Marcus' easiest sale. We were on the phone for literally an hour and a half as I asked every question in the book.
    Do you think I could get ahold of Marcus to check on the status? Not a chance. Did he return my phone calls? Not one time.
    DON'T work with them. They BOUGHT the BBB rating of a 'B'. I am dis.gusted.
    I am getting my money back via 'check', and when I get the check I will have my bank put a hold on it, in case it is not good. And if it IS no good, I will report it to my CC Company as fraud and get my money back that way.

• 33
      15th of Dec, 2009

I was lucky enough to pull this complaint page up while I was speaking with Markus Bennett still on the phone, needless to say he became very pushy and argumentative when I started reading all the above comments. I had to just end the call... Heads up people!!!

• Jr
      21st of Dec, 2009

To Whom it may concern,
    Don't do business with them they are scam artist, they tell you that they have a buyer for your time share all you have to do is send them money, each person is asked for a different amount. Once they feel that they have convinced you then you are turned over to the legal dept. There you are asked a lot of personal information how will you pay for their service, and before you know what hit you they have taken your money. They Took $491.00 on sept 18, 2009 from my savings account.The same day we spoke on the phone. I trust too easily. I never thought they would be so bold as to take the money before they had a signed contract, but hey did it. I was stupid.

I RECIEVED IT ON THE 22 SEPT 2009, MR AYERS CALLED ME ON TWENTY SECOND 2009 IN THE EVENING IT IS CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THE CONTRACT THAT NO MONEY IS TO BE PAID UNTIL THEY RECIEVE A SIGNED CONTRACT FROM THE SELLER. THESE CON ARTIST TOOK MY MONEY ON THE 18TH OF SEPT. THE CONTRACT # WAS ACTUALLY THE DATE WE WERE TALKING ON THE PHONE WITH FOUR OTHER NUMBERS BEHIND THAT.
    MR AYERS CALLED ON THE 22 OF SEPT EVENING AND ASKED ME TO HURRY AND SEND THE CONTRACT BECAUSE THEY COULDN"T SELL IT TILL THEN. I WAS STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT WHY THEY HAD STOLEN MY MONEY BEFORE THE CONTRACT WAS SIGNED. I WAS SO UP SET BECAUSE THE REASON I EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT SELLING IS BECAUSE MY HUSBAND HAS TERMINAL CANCER, I WAS LOOKING FOR A WAY TO HELP PAY FOR HIS FUNERAL EXPENCES.

HE SHOUTED AT ME THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS SO SHOCKED THAT I COULD HARDLY SPEAK HE SAID SIGN THE CONTRACT, YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK SO JUST FAX THE DAMMED CONTRACT HE SWORE AT ME CALLED ME STUPID, JUST SIGN THE DAMM CONTRACT BECAUSE YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY TO ME. i WROTE THEM ANOTHER LETTER AND A WOMAN CALLED IN OCT SOMETIME LATE, TO SAY THAT IT WAS SOLD THE BUYERS WERE IN FINANCE RIGHT THEN. AS GOD IS MY WITTNESS THIS IS THE WHOLE TRUTH THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. IT IS NOT ABOUT WHO GETS THEIR MONEY BACK THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS BEFORE THEY FIND MORE VICTIMS.

I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH BANK OFAMERICA. ALSO WITHTHE BBB IN FLORIDA I WILL COMPLAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE ABOUT THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE THAT WILL LISTEN UNTIL SOMEONE REALLY HEARS ME.

• Fr
      23rd of Dec, 2009

They recently called me and said they had a pre-approved family to buy my timeshare. They asked me for 1200 dollars up front to cover all the costs of selling my timeshare. I haven't had any communication from them after sending them my credit card information. I am really pissed that I didn't read these reports online first.

• Lm
      8th of Jan, 2010

Im sorry about all of your situations, these people are ###, no ethics whatsoever. The best thing you can do is call your credit card company and explain the situation and how it was unauthorized. also, let them know you have tried to work it out directly with the vendor. your cc company will reverse the charge for you, and sned the details of your complaint to iCare's merchant. The merchant will then need to fight it with iCare. they will need to provide some kind of proof that you authorized the charge, or that they have delivered the promised service/goods. Of course they have no proof, because it was unauthorized in most situation, and of course, they never delivered on their promise.

If enough of these complaints, reversals, and chargebacks come in, the merchant will drop icare. Also, letters to attorney general and BBB help as well. But calling your cc company and getting their names on blogs like these so someone who googles can see the complaints is the best way to fight back. good luck

• Jv
      3rd of Feb, 2010

God I am so glad I found this page- I just spoke with Steve Hoffman-same ph number, same everything- and he gave me a phone number for the BBB- yeah right-also-I had fallen for the same scam with Vacation Depot and this guy wants me to call my credit card company and say he is my son...and he said he could get the money I paid Vacation Depot, credited back to my card- Almost...I almost went for it. Sure makes you feel stupid!

• Ns
      8th of Feb, 2010

SCAM...SCRAM..SCAM. I was contacted by iCare Timeshare and was told they could sell my timeshare. I told them to mail me the contract and info for me to review and sign. They took my credit card number and it was not to be charged until I signed the contract. This occured in late October and they will not answer my calls or return messages. I have sent my complaint to the Florida Dept. of Agriculture and consumer Services. I have not recieved any up date from them but it has only been a week since I contacted them. Anyone needing help try http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/ an file your complaint.

11th of Feb, 2010

In January 2010, I fell for the initial call, like everyone else. The salesman told me he had my unit sold!!!AND that he had a cashier's check in hand for 20% of the sale price. (This amounted to some $7, 000.) All I needed to do was pay 50% of the advertising and prearation cost, up front. He told me he would send, via e-mail, the contract. When it showed up, there was not one word about the unit being sold, in essence it was a listing offer only, and it was typical of all these type of firms. It clearly stated no charge would be made to my credit card until the contract was signed. I tried calling him back on the number he gave me, and found that I was disconnected each time I put in his extension number. I checked with my bank and they had already charged my card. Needless to say, I filed an immediate protest to my CC company. I then wrote, in bold black letters, CANCELLED, VOID etc on each page. I then drew a large squiggly line through the signature line, and FAXED it back to them. I only wish I had googled them before I gave them my information. This firm should be put out of business and the sales people should go to jail. By the way, they finally called back yesterday wondering why I had cancelled.

maxemax 2/11/2010

• Sh
      30th of Aug, 2010

same thing happened to me. they got me twice. first one was to sell timeshare. second was while we are waiting you now have rental weeks. I said o.k. then 5 minutes after i hung up with them i felt something wrong. i called my bank to stop payment. called the company and told them not to bother to send over contract (because no money was to be released until you signed the contract) i changed my mind. those [censor] made up their own check number and got my money after i called the bank to report it they still got in my account. i have had to close my account file with the police, bank, etc... they are a bunch of [censor] holes and they will get their day. I can't believe they get away with this..

• La
      8th of Sep, 2010

They are still at it. I will be filing a complaint with the Florida Attorney General. I urge everyone who has had contact with iCare Timeshare to go to:

www.myfloridalegal.com and register a complaint with the attorney general.

This is the only way we will ever stop these people!