iCare Timeshare / Fraud

1 FL, United States Review updated:

In January 2010, I fell for the initial call, like everyone else. The salesman told me he had my unit sold!!!AND that he had a cashier's check in hand for 20% of the sale price. (This amounted to some $7, 000.) All I needed to do was pay 50% of the advertising and prearation cost, up front. He told me he would send, via e-mail, the contract. When it showed up, there was not one word about the unit being sold, in essence it was a listing offer only, and it was typical of all these type of firms. It clearly stated no charge would be made to my credit card until the contract was signed. I tried calling him back on the number he gave me, and found that I was disconnected each time I put in his extension number. I checked with my bank and they had already charged my card. Needless to say, I filed an immediate protest to my CC company. I then wrote, in bold black letters, CANCELLED, VOID etc on each page. I then drew a large squiggly line through the signature line, and FAXED it back to them. I only wish I had googled them before I gave them my information. This firm should be put out of business and the sales people should go to jail. By the way, they finally called back yesterday wondering why I had cancelled.

maxemax 2/11/2010

Comments

• Mh
      13th of Jan, 2011

I just found out that this company has been targeted by the Florida Attorney General and indicted. Case closed, but what do we do now to get a refund.

I have reported my story to the FL Attorney General and need to contact my bank/credit card, etc?