I.C. Systems, Inc. / illegally withdrew money from my checking account

1 444 Highway 96 EastSt Paul, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-913-5384

On July 30, 2008, I.C. System, Inc., illegally deducted $135.00 from my personal checking account. I paid them an on over-the-phone check payment of $100.00 on July 8, 2008 for a bill owed to AT&T. I agreed that I would send another $100.00 on 7/30/08. However, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT, I.C. System deducted another $135.00 from my checking account on 7/30/08. When I called to complain, I was told by a "manager" that I had authorized the withdrawal. This is absolutely not true. He refused to give me anyone else in authority that I could speak with and basically blew me off. I.C. Sytem, Inc. cannot be trusted. Do not give them your checking account or credit card information. I plan to report them to the Better Business Bureau and any entity that can put a stop to these kinds of practices.

Comments

• Ra
      10th of Jul, 2009

I got 2 calls from IC Systems.

First one was through the operator who was trying to connect me to IC systems. I asked the operator who is IC Systems and why am I being called, she did not answer the questions but kept on saying that the call is important. Since IC systems lines were busy she asked me to hold the line, which I did. Then she asked me to note the number and call back. I declined since I did not know who was IC systems, and what the call was for. The operator insisted that i make a note of the number but i declined.

2nd call came today 7/10 saying it was from AT&T credit reporting third party. they wanted us to call them at 866-913-5384 by today else they will report the credit defaults to my SSN. I am very sure that I was up-to-date on my payments to At&T so I tried to google the phone number when I found this article. I am now 100% sure that this is fraud trying to access the credit card number and or bank account.

I also found this link which may be helpful - http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-913-5384

Thanks

• Li
      12th of Aug, 2009

You catch more fly's with honey than vinegar! CALLED FROM 651-204-1347
    I owed At&T like $225 for breaking my contract by switching cell phone companies. I was making payments of $20 a month to At&t. They sent the amount to I.C. Systems INC. who keeps calling me. I was laid off from my job. Just started a new one so I answered their call today and told the lady who was fairly polite that I would like to set up payments. She offered if I set up a postdated electronic check today they would settle for $128. I said I don't feel comfortable giving out my numbers, Dave Ramsey always says get settlements in writing before doing anything. And don't give out your account numbers.
    She assured me they wouldn't take out more than we agreed on. I googled their company while on the phone and read the above. I said no. She put me on with manager who quickly went for the right hook high pressure tactic. Got my adrenaline and anger going. I said give me a few days to think about it or to mail in a payment. She got rude and said you don't have few days, I am going to mark you account so you will not be allowed to get a settlement again. I said all because I want a few days? I said I am sorry mam I don't feel safe giving out that info over the phone. She says well we wouldn't take out more than we agreed on because we would get in trouble with the government. I said well I have heard of companies doing so. Oh not a collection agency she said. We would not do that. Yadi Yadi ... Bla bla bla... We are going to report this to the federal credit reporting agency and to At&t that you refused to pay you debt. I'm like what! refused? I said I would pay when I get paid lady. She went on with her threats. So I gave her my answer with a speedy press of the hang up button. So much for trying to be polite and nice and wanting to make a debt right. I called my bank just now and she said they have had issues with companies taking out more than agreed on or more often. She said it is hard to dispute these. Yes I said because it is my word against theirs.
    She recommended a money order or cashiers check that they can not get your account numbers and you can prove you paid them.
    I would like to tell AT&T to not use this company and give their customers a time to pay off their debts. But I am sure they just wanted to sell this debt off and could care less what i get treated like.
    PS - NOTE TO READER: If you owe At&T and your account is closed pay it off to them as fast as you can as long as you are getting bills keep paying them. Otherwise this rude company will add money to your debt. I got a $28.74 colllection charge on top of the $159.69 I owed AT&T. . I had made one payment on my debt to AT&T and missed a month or two and then called to make a payment via credit card and the AT&T rep said oh your account has been sent to collections already and we can't set anything up or take a payment.. That was BS!!! I had the money then I should have sent it in and paid it off. But because he said it was already sent to collections I paid another bill with the money and figured I would wait till the bill came from the collection company. Well I kept getting bills and calls from AT&T as if my account was still with them. Which it turned out it was. That guy was wrong. So I kept paying $20 a month and that lowered my bill till like 5 months later they finally sent it to IC Systems for collection. So if you owe AT&T pay them off within the first 4 months after your account closes and you will save yourself from being abused by I.C. SYSTEMS.
    Hope this helps someone else.

Brice