In December 2008, I contacted IC Systems to set up payment dates for an outstanding debt.I had set up 3 dates with IC Systems, all based on my paydates, to ensure that the funds would be available for the payments.
December and January went without incindent. Payments were taken out of my checking account on the arranged dates. (Each payment date was confirmed by IC Systems with a letter stating the date that the payment would be pulled from my account.) February's payment, which was set up and confirmed by IC Systems, was to be tqken out on February 19th. IC Systems took the money out on February 18th. As a result, my account was overdrawn, and I was charged $105 in overdraft fees.
I contacted IC Systems, and was told that if I could supply all the documentation that proved that the payment was taken out a day early, that they would reimburse me the $105 in overdraft fees.
I contacted my bank, and paid for the documention that stated that IC Systems took the agreed payment amount out on 2/18. I sent this along with a copy of the IC Systems letter that states that the arranged payment date was 2/19, the notice from my bank that shows the balances, the transactions, and the charge for the overdrafts to IC Systems.
After several phone calls, they still refuse to pay me my money for the overdrafts that were clearly caused by them. I have asked to speak to a supervisor on SEVERAL occasions and have been routed into the voice mail of a Mr Tanner. He has yet to return any of my phone calls. This morning, I was told that the account matter was closed, and that they found that I couldn't PROVE that they were the cause of the overdrafts. I again left a message for the supervisor. (none of my calls have been returned to date, so I hold little hope for this one to be returned either.)
Throughout this entire matter, I have dealt with several customer service people, who have all been extremely rude and unhelpful. Melissa was the worst- when I had asked to speak to her supervisor about the issue, she rattled off an inaudible name. When asked to spell it, she rattled off the spelling so quickly, I still didn't understand. (It turns out that Melissa was the cause of the whole problem, and apparently made a data entry mistake and entered the wrong payment date!)
I don't know what else I can do to get my money back from this company. I was simply trying to do the right thing and pay off a debt, and am now out $105 of my hard to come by money!
This company needs to be investigated. If this happened once to me, I can only imagine how many other people have been taken advantage of!