IC System / harassment

1 444 HWY 96 EASTSaint Paul, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-279-9525

I am being contacted by phone and mail from these people. They are contacting me about a charge that was made on my credit card that was false. My account number was used by someone that got my number after the fact that i had closed out account for this reason with someone else. The item that was purchased was for something through a pei education inst. What i have no idea. I found out about this through a letter i received from pei in jan 2008. I contacted them a told them it was used on a bogus credit card number. The card had been cancelled months prior. I then received a letter from them requesting a police report about the matter. I went to the police dept. And showed them the letter. They stated that once pei affects my credit to get a lawyer. There is a very large case against them right now for this matter.

Now i am receiving phone calls and letters from this ic systems inc. For the same reason. My last phone call was about a hour ago. When i answered i tried to explain the error that they and who ever this pei is had made. The person i was talking to only knew 4 or 5 english words. She kept speaking in spanish right in the middle of the sentence.

I asked her to please send me a copy of my signature where i authorized them to bill me or charge me or send me anything. I was told that i needed a lawyer. That they demanded that i pay. What do i do? Does anybody know.

Comments

• Ke
      13th of Feb, 2008

Jeffrey: THE COLLECTIONS COMPANIES HAVE NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO DO ANYTHING. THEY ARE RUDE USELESS PEOPLE. THEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO SCARE YOU BY THE COMMENTS THEY ARE SAYING. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY THEM NOT SPEAKING ENGLISH. THEY ARE UNEDUCATED PEOPLE. EVENTUALLY WHAT HAPPENS IS SOME MUCH TIMES GOES BY AND IF THEY CANNOT COLLECT ANY MONEY, THEY USUALLY JUST GO AWAY, LIKE THE FLU. BUT IF YOU GET ANYTHING FROM A LAWYER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CLEAR IT UP THEM BECAUSE LAWYERS ARE PROFESSIONAL AND THEY KNOW YOU HAVE RIGHTS. UNLIKE THE COLLECTORS. THEY CAN ONLY YELL AND CRY. LET ME KNOW HOW IT WENT. KELLY.