iBurst / Bad service and signal

1 South Africa Review updated:

I took out an Iburst 36 month contract, the sales rep came to my place of work and installed the modem to my laptop and checked that it worked and it did. When i got home that night it did not get signal, he came over and gave me an aerial and i was able to get a weak signal, i was worried about this and stressed my concern to the rep, we were also looking at moving not to far from where i stayed and the rep promised me that Iburst was putting up 7 new towers in December that year (2006) and that i would get full signal in my present flat and that the whole area would be covered so i would get signal when we moved, December came and went and still my signal got worse and when i moved i got no signal.

I have been phoning and emailing Iburst about this matter and they never respond to my emails or take my details down and never get back to me. I eventually got sick of there lack of help and stopped paying my account. they sent me an email saying that if i did not pay that they would take legal action, i then emailed back explaining the situation got one response from Avril and was again left hanging, so i email the help desk and finally one person faxed me a request to cancel form but told me that it's up to Iburst to cancel or not. I was so frustrated that i vented my anger on helicopter a consumer complaints sight, i never once bad mouthed Iburst, i told my story like i have now.

Last night a Dion Carter from Iburst phoned me, he was rude to me, he lied to me about previously speaking to me last month, i know he did not as i changed my cell number and only gave it out now when i emailed Avril at Iburst. I then explain to him several rime why i was unhappy, he never listened to a word i said, told that i had seven day to have canceled the contract and a year later can't do it, i told him again about the verbal promise from there sales rep and said i took the contract on his assurance that i would get full signal in december ( i signed up in june 2006) and should bear with the poor signal for that short period.

I did not know any better believed him and signed the contract, now i have been fighting them and email info them and no one helps or wants to listen to why i never canceled within the seven day, this Dion Carter also threaten legal action against me for writing on hellopeter as he said i discrete there name, i did no such thing i just told it like it is, and i looked on hellopeter there are over 200 complaints about iburst, so is he going to sue all 200 people as well. I have been paying for a service that i can't use and feel that i was lied to into taking the contract.

Bronwyn

Comments

• He
      15th of Sep, 2009

BAD BAD BAD service. i have my complaint on hello peter and getClosure. but NOOOOOOO no response.
    and the BEST of all i printed out an email they sent me and you know what their slogan is???????????

and i quote: "excellent service is my business. With a smile i make the Magic happen"

SO MUCH SO that i got double billed a few times.. MAGIC!!!

• Fa
      22nd of Sep, 2010
    iBurst - Iburst ignores customers via email
    iburstafrica.com

On 29 september i email iburst a query regarding my contract term, i signed a 2 year contract term that will should expire in 2011, acording to the iburst website it will expire in 2037, i recieved a reply via email on 02 october from molefe Matjila requesting my acount details so they can investigate, i replied on the same day, Today is the 06th of October and i have not had any response.

• St
      24th of Jan, 2011
    iBurst - Changing contract without notice
    Iburst

I suddenly could not connect to the internet and in the address bar was 'cap reached'. MY INTERNET IS SOFT-CAPPED!!! Tried to phone iBurst, couldn't get through. Monday I phoned and was told it's not a technical problem, I must speak to the accounts department. Phoned accounts department only to be told it's @lantic's problem. Phoned @lantic and was told that it's iBurst's problem. Phoned iBurst again and was told it's @lantic's problem. Obviously my now my blood pressure is through the roof as I have lost a whole day's work because of this incompetence. I eventually told iBurst to phone @lantic themselves and sort this out so that I could work again. Needless to say, no answer.

After almost a week of fighting with @lantic (iBurst's staff are just TOOOOO INCOMPETENT TO DEAL WITH!!!) I was told that iBurst have done away with soft-capped internet. No notice, no 'by your leave', nothing. Just cut you off at the knees and don't care about the fact that you can't earn a living anymore. I was originally headed in Neotel's direction, but signed the contract with iBurst on the condition that I had soft-capped internet. Now they just change it?

STAY AWAY FROM iBURST!!!

• Ar
      26th of Jan, 2011

We cancelled our iburst contract almost a year ago and we are still getting sms's stating that we owe them money for service, which was on a month to month and if we don't pay will hand us over. Seems to me that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. We have sent e-mails as proof of cancellation but don't get a response, I sometimes wonder if the e-mails get read or the people openening them cannot read.

• Na
      25th of Mar, 2011

Good Day,

We are canceling our Iburst account. We are on a month to month so no prior notice needed our contract has already expired.

We are so unhappy with the service at Iburst.

We are requesting the following:

Statements witch reflects every cent we have paid up to date, with a credit and debit column witch reflects the amount we over paid and the 1 time we skipped a payment.
    We did requested a mail to fax, it did not work so we cancelled it immediately.
    So we will not pay for a service not delivered!!

We requested this many times, then someone will reply this is your invoices and you "we" own you this...
    How is it that your statements and invoices differ and if a client pays over even if it is by R10.00 where does it show??

We are also sending out complaints, helopeter... and apparently we are not alone (http://www.hellopeter.com/search_results.php?search=Iburst) and this is only one of 16 pages.
    Is the company so arrogant that they just don't care for their clients??

Not one person contacted us trying to give any kind of after service. I hope you forward this to any of your senior manager and that they have the guts to contact us??

This is unacceptable but luckily for us the new consumer protection act will protect us from service (or the lack of it) providers like yourself!

Kind Regards,

Gert Nadia

• Na
      25th of Mar, 2011

Sasan Parvin - Chief Technical Officer IBurst - 0827759754

Thami Mtshali - CEO - 082 5658054

Phone these numbers for direct complaints

10th of May, 2011

Hi
    My customer number is W0210797 my log in info is bemdluli9@iburst.co.za
    Please rectify my speed because it was supposed to be uncapped 64k but I
    am getting 2k and if I am lucky I get 4k .late at nite its ok .Look at the
    attachment the link is ok but I think is your throttle on your side
    (please fix it )
    This is NOT what I am paying for.
    Number 2, when are you going to load my 2 gig because today it’s 3rd May ?
    This my second mail, I don’t know what happened to the firs one that I
    sent to help desk, and the was no respond
    I will escalate my problem to these people if I don’t get help
    Sasan Parvin - Chief Technical Officer IBurst - 0827759754

Thami Mtshali - CEO - 082 5658054

pls cancel this account, i had it for 1 month .

10th of May, 2011

Az u can see
    My customer number is W0210797

18th of May, 2011

Please help me i need to report IBURST to the regulater ICASA, who can i speek to and @ what number . Or i am going to those offices personal for revenge cos they took my money and they gave me bad service, watch the NEWS.

• Ca
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    iBurst - Iburst ignores customers via email
    iburstafrica.com

I refer to my previous dealings with you, as well as to the 1G you guys promised me for my 'inconvenience'. Needless to say, I never received it as you had to compensate your whole client base for the complete stuff-up you made of our usage. So I presume that was just smooth talk on the phone to get me off your back?

And once again, your bandwidth monitor *** this month. Oh, how I long for my contract to expire! Pathetic iBurst. You will NOT survive in the new era.

• Jy
    iBurst - Iburst taking money out of my bank account
    Iburst

I have had a nightmare of a month with Iburst - they did not debit my bank account for the months Oct, Dec and Jan - the reason you agree to debit orders is for the convenience and I did not pick this up until I checked my March I burst statement and noticed that I was in arrears with them. I contacted them to query this as to have to pay a lump sum of R956 which is not budgeted for is extremely inconvenient - they promised to get back to me within 72 hours. I am still waiting for a phone call from them. I have contacted Iburst at least 5 times in the last 4 weeks and the only time I heard back was when they called to tell me they were suspending my service for non payment! Then eventually they debited my bank account - without contacting me to apologise or to make sure I had enough money in my bank account. I just let it go and thought it was settled, they then suspended my service anyway! After I had it reconnected they debited my account AGAIN - putting me into overdraft! I am still trying to sort this out with them - they keep promising me feedback within 72 hours and I am still waiting! Their customer services department is UESLESS - THINK TWICE before signing up with Iburst.

iBurst - wrongly billed
    South Africa

being double charged by i burst! see if this makes sence:

my contract started in july of 2007, i have paid every month until end december and the CLEARLY what happened in january 2008. here is an excerpt of the excel document THEY sent me(copied and pasted this part):

DEBIT CREDIT OPEN RUNNING TOT
    03 Dec 2007 I1135602 INV 179.00 0.00 0.00 179.00
    31 Dec 2007 P725917 CSH 0.00 -179.00 0.00 0.00

03 Jan 2008 I1202037 INV 179.00 0.00 0.00 179.00
    04 Jan 2008 R725917 CSH 179.00 0.00 0.00 358.00

can you see what happens with my running total????

I COPIED AND PASTED DIRECTLY FROM THIER EXCEL DOC THEY SENT ME..

NOW ALSO: explain this...it is a 24 month contract at R179 per month plus a once off fee gives me: R4296 + R162.52 = R4458.52

SO HOW COME when i add up all the debits i get: R6426.52 and when i add up all the credits so far i get R6066.52??????????? i added up on their excel doc they sent me...compared to 4485.52???????????????

i dont understand.can someone explain please

14th of Jul, 2016

i got a confirmation on the ...it is a 24 month contract at R179 per month plus a once off fee gives me: R4296 + R162.52 = R4458.52... part

but still not on the debits and credits issue...
    NOW for the FIFTH time: how come the debits add up to: R5638.52
    and the CREDITS add up to: R-6069.52

they just cannt CRASP the concept of debtis and credits therefore clearly UNABLE to explain it to me!!! i have proof of all my payments seeing that i have deposit slips and the obvious bank statements! they ALSO regocnised these payments on their the statement!!! how come when i queried the credits, she said they dont have on record that i made this amount(R-6069.52) of payments!!!

is this bizarre or what????????????????????????

• Ri
      14th of Jul, 2016

I've had a two year contract with iburst. In the beginning everything was okay, but after a year the problems started. There was constantly no signal in my area and the technicians is working on it, was their story (just a bunch of lies).

They've also deducted premiums twice a month, then I had to go to the bank to get that money reversed back into my account. I've phone in April 2010 and asked them when can I cancel my contract. They told me a month before the contract ends. My contract ended in June, so I phoned on 05 May 2010 to cancel the contract. She told me that the last debit order will go off on the 1st of June and I can use the internet for the remainder of June.

When another amount was deducted in July, I phoned them. They told me that I've never cancelled this contract. I told them that I've phoned in May and they told me they only have records of April and not May. So strange because all the calls are recorded. I've asked them for the recorded conversation and they did not have it. I e-mailed them proof that I phoned 05 May 2010, 08h27 and was for 4 minutes and 53 seconds on the phone with their Cape Town office. Eventually they told me that they will refund me, I even have e-mails from them to say that they will refund me. I've phoned on numerous occasions for my money and every time they came with a different story. I've phoned again on 05 October 2010 and they told me they will not refund me, because they want proof of my cancellation.

• So
    iBurst - Bad service and even worst product quality
    Iburst

I've been with Iburst since 2007, and the service and product was so good that I decided to renew my contract, but since December last year things have gone pear shape. My signal has gone from 80% average to 40% average, and I even experience disconnections lately when my signal drops to below 20%. Nothing has changed on my side, same computer, same location, same antenna ect, and yet they are clueless as to what caused this decline in signal. Then I am confused to why customer service has gone so bad. Previously they were prompt and really very professional, now I wait weeks for a response and service is just unacceptable. I cant wait for my contract to expire.

iBurst - Service uncapped without permission
    South Africa

I joined Iburst in April 2009, on my application form I requested that my service must be capped. When I received my modem the service was uncapped, so I contacted them again and requested that they must cap it, eventually they did. Suddenly January of this year they uncapped it again without my permission - resulting in invoices of up to R6000.00. This is outrageous, and I refuse to pay. I have tried to contact them via phone and email, get cut-off on the phone, and no response via email received from them to date.

• Ak
    iBurst - Bad service
    iBurst

There is a new version of the internet security program used by IBurst. The e-mail that they sent out didn't have all the info, so I had to call for help, and spoke to Harrison twice in one evening (1208). He sent me a new e-mail, and eventually, I got everything loaded, but the password is incorrect. I tried to sort it out over the weekend, but they were busy upgrading the site, so still, no luck. On the 18th, I spoke to Kenny. He promised to escelate the problem. I still haven't heard anything. On the 20th, spoke to Tebogo, who promised he will send me a new password before 21:00 ( I phoned at 20:00). I still have not received the e-mail. I haven't been able to use my internet due to no internet security, and I can't wait to see what my cellphone bill is going to be after 40 minutes on the phone with IBurst.

iBurst - Unfair practice
    Iburst

I have a prepaid contract with Iburst which means that I prepay for the internet access every month. I also bough the modem outright just so that I d not have to be tied to any long term contracts. Over the months I have been triple and double billed and have just received very poor connectivity. Their service has just been going down the toilet. So now I have decided to cancel my internet access from end of August 2010. Now they do not want my to do that and say that they cannot cancel my service until end of September due to some ridiculous rule of a calender month's notice. It is two weeks before the end of August and I am fed up. Why should I as a consumer who has a prepaid contract have to be subdued to another month of hell after this month. This is so unfair. If you provided the service as agreed in the first place I would not have had to go to another service provider. I hope the company goes bankrupt soon as this kind of service is just not on. Anyone who reads this should be very careful and steer away from Iburst as they are a bunch of crooks and have rubbish customer service. I hope their CEO or MD reads this to see how bad they are.

iBurst - Problems with Iburst from day one
    iburstafrica.com

I wont go into detail re bandwidth usage which took months to fix. that was a nightmare on its own. My service has been suspended - apparently the amount debited each month is not correct and the onus is on the user to find out from iburst every month what the actual amount should be and to then pay the difference. have you ever heard such nonsense in your life!!! I emailed Sonette Louw several times - her attitude was - you can pay the arrears off but we cant connect you. I then emailed Sandra Smit who never bothered to answer. On the 710 I emailed Mr Ian Halliday and still have had no reply. so you have a poor billing system and the client should SUFFER!!!

• Kl
    iBurst - Why I am being ripped off for being a loyal client
    iburstafrica.com

I got billed this morning for about R2000. I find this strange as I have been on a contract for three years at R700 a month, and when it ended I was told that I will be billed R300 a month with the same data cap, as I have all the equipment. This is not the first time I have had trouble with the billing department. I have contacted my banker and cancelled all access to my account from I burst. I require an explanation as to HOW i am billed, and Why I am being ripped off for being a loyal client.