IBSN Tax / Tax returns filed incorrectly

This a completely unprofessional company reliant on manipulating your tax estimates. Do not get sucked in for they will promise high estimated returns; They will lure you into getting more returns than other companies might suggest. They also charge a high upfront fee. There is no process to refund you in case of any goof up from their side...and a goof up is something that you would come to expect. No sane person would commit filing tax returns from them after reading so many complaints about them on the web, unless you want to jeopardize your prospects of getting a GC. Please AVOID AT ALL COSTS...

Sr

Comments

• Am
      1st of Aug, 2009
    IBSN Tax - Excess Fees Refund not paid
    IBSN Tax Services
    Minnesota

IBSN completed my Tax planning on 2/23/2017 and showed me refund of $ 1, 707.00 and asked me to pay $384.96 for that. So I paid the fees 3/9/2017 and then I realised that IBSN was asking me to invest $10000 in IRA and then only I will get the refund of $1707.00. I didn't have that much money so I decided to file the tax without IBSN planning. IBSN charged me $85.00 for that and so IBSN has to pay $299 back to me. They completed my file on 4/7/2017 and said they will refund excess fees within 15 days.
    So far I have used all the sources My Messages (IBSN Web Site), Notify Esclated Issues (IBSN Web Site) and emails to ravishankar.[protected]@ibsnus.com, [protected]@ibsnus.com; [protected]@ibsnus.com, [protected]@ibsnus.com for doing followups. But I am getting same type of answers from IBSN and everytime they are giving new date to me and till now I have received the excess fees paid by me.
    I don't know why IBSN is taking so much time for refunding $299.00 only and they didn't even bother about customer loyality and satisfaction.
    If a customer is getting such type of responses from IBSN, they will not believe IBSN and nobody will file tax with them.

1st of Feb, 2010
    IBSN Tax - No Refund

Hi,

I filed my taxes with IBSN last year and I was charged a fee for a servce (ITIN application for 2 dependants ) that was never provided. [File number is m55684] I had to do the ITIN forms myself. When I asked for a refund, I was told it was busy tax season and they would definitely refund it later. I waited. And nothing happened. I called several times during and post the tax season but there was just one answer - "we will do it soon". I was even asked to write an email to a senior member of the IBSN group which I did - but as I could have expected there was no response.

Now it is tax season again and IBSN tells me that I will get my refund amount adjusted in this year fee. That means that I need to buy service from them again in order to get my fee refunded. If I decide to not go with IBSN - they just keep my money. This is just not fair.

With all respect, Mr Laxmi Palaypu - If you deem your company to be fair your customers, I would ask for the fee refund to be made to me regardless of my decsion to continue with IBSN.

• Gi
      17th of Feb, 2010

completely agree as i'm a victim.

1st of Mar, 2010

Please go through www.bbb.org, and file a free complaint. They would refund your money. That's how I got my money back.

• Ra
      7th of Mar, 2010
    IBSN Tax - service not received
    India
    ibsn.com

Hi,

My file no is R62333 . I found that your computation is based on initial tax summary. I was sent additional information that you missed bank amortization and expenses at clients. Then I was send a revised tax summary. But the file you have sent is as per original tax summary. Requested to prepare return revised tax summary. But never received any response from you. I already paid the required amount. There is lot of prompt ness before I paid the amount. After I paid the amount there is no response from these people.

Thanks and Regards,
    Rama

• Ve
      16th of Mar, 2010
    IBSN Tax - Don't trust them
    ibsntax.com

These guys are not professional, they won't respond to your complaints at all. They are somehow managing to get some good returns. During Initial processing they will call daily and rush to complete everything.

I went to through their initial process and paid the fee. Later i decided not to file with them and they mentioned a part of fee will be taken by them and remaining will be reversed in one week.

They didn't reverse even after one month and every time i call them its in progress and they say they need the management approval. They won't even give the proper details, who can resolve it. Finally i got the email address of their management and sent a mail. No reply from management as well.

Get the quote, they will rush u to pay the fee. Take your time, check with few other agents and take your decision. Once you the fee, that's it. Its gone, you won't get it back.

• Ca
      28th of Mar, 2010
    IBSN Tax - Took fees but not explaining refund status
    IBSN tax
    ibsntax.com

IBSN - very poor service and cheating on refunds.

I paid IBSN "tax preparation and services" fess on Feb 23, 2017 and was told March 04, 2017 that the returns have been filed and prepared. Still after 24 days of inquiry IBSN has not contacted me with regards to my FEDERAL STATUS nor updated it online on their portal. Last I spoke with Murali last Sunday and I called again and was randomly put on hold without explaining me when the stats of my federal return. I have escalated my issue with them about this UNACCEPTABLE DELAY AND MISTAKES/SWINDLING BY IBSN team. I might file a complaint with BBB is I do not have a resolution about my e-file status. I see on the on the internet forums.

• Sm
      20th of Apr, 2010

Never answer phone call. They are not good in customer service. NEVER! I have paid their tax preparation fee on March First week 2017 yr. They are not filed my state tax yet. I am trying to reach them around more than 20 times. Lazy people.

29th of Apr, 2010

You should never hire someone based solely on hype, advertising, or recommendations from "friends". Always do background checks on the people or firms you are looking to hire, before you hire them. In the age of Internet it is so easy to run their name through Google and see what you can find out about them and what complaints they have. One hour of research over the Internet may save you thousands of dollars and a lot of headaches.

I'm a licensed CPA with over 25 years of experience in tax problem solving and IRS representation. You can find a lot of useful free information and tips on IRS and tax problem solving on my website at: www.TaxProblem.org

• Sr
      26th of Jun, 2010

I should have checked this website before signing up with IBSN Tax. Please DO NOT rely on them. IBSN Tax is a big FRAUD. They are very irresponsible. I ended up landing in the wrong hands. They neither take requests or action on your requests the moment you pay the fees. Their hotline number 1-888-680-6760 vanished after 2017 tax season. I had paid $100 more for lifetime lawyer support, just in case. I have lost that as well!

Please spread this message. You can monitor their website, it appears and vanishes on it's own. They are big group of liers and cheaters... - Srini

27th of Jun, 2010
    IBSN Tax - Excess fee refund
    IBSN TAX
    California

I have been charged for Itemized deductions but I have chosen standard deductions. I need to get refund of 160 $. I called several times but no one picked up the phone for 2 months. At last one day someone from the customer care lifted the call and asked me to put a message through "Notify Escalated Issues" and asked me to drop a mail to Ravi Shankar who is in-charge of Tax returns. When I escalated this issue, I got the below reply from Ravi Shankar.

"Dear Taxpayer-- The reversal request is forwarded to the finance dept and shall see that this amount be reversed at the earliest and this delay is due to the delay from our insurance carrier in reverting the payment. We appreciate your kind cooperation until such time".

This was given almost a month back, but no response after that. I am trying to call them no one is picking the phone. Now even I am trying to send mails in "Notify Escalated Issues" but it's showing "Invalid Staff ID Provided".I sent many mails directly to Ravi Shankar mail id but no response from him.

I really frustrated with this IBSN TAX. Please never ever file your tax returns through "IBSN TAX". I am wondering how come this company is cheating many guys.

7th of Jul, 2010

Can you share email address of Ravi Shankar please.

11th of Jul, 2010
    IBSN Tax - Payment Reversal

Hi All,

IBSN is a fraud company, they have given a wrong tax refund quote and when I ask many clarifications they have revised and come to minimim level of returns! When I compare to other online companis for tax filing this company charged me more $190. So I asked them to cancel the tax filing and reverse my payment! They immeditately canceled my application and till now not reversed the payment. I am following up with them from March 2017 to till date. I have spoken to many people and sent email to the management team as well and till now no reversal of payment!

So PLEASE DO NOT FILE US TAX FROM THIS COMPANY!

11th of Jul, 2010

Hi Anoop,

Did you get refund from IBSN? I am also have the same situation and till now they have not refunded my payment!

• Ib
      30th of Aug, 2010
    IBSN Tax - Do NOT FILE TAX RETURN WITH THEM
    Washington

IBSN is one of the uttermost cheating company. They charged me $450 for filing my tax returns but they have not filed all my tax returns to all the states I worked for. Later on I paid penalty to the State Tax department but they are not refunding me the penalty I paid on behalf of them. They are not responding through email or phone also.

DO NOT FILE WITH THIS CHEATING IBSN TAX company to file your tax returns in USA.

This looks like one of the blade company from Hydrabad

• He
      20th of Oct, 2010
    IBSN Tax - Money scam
    IBSN TAX

I had paid $500.03 for the tax preparation service. The actual amount for the services I availed are $250. I had contacted the business several times over phone and email requesting for the refund of the excess amount they collected from me. It has been 6 months but I have not received my money. Before the payment, every day they used to call me asking to make the payment. After payment there is no response and if someone attends the call they will transfer to some other person and I had to explain the entire story. The response I get is that my request is forwarded to accounts department. This is the same response since 6 months.

• Ro
      24th of Oct, 2010
    IBSN Tax - Tax preparation fees not refunded
    IBSN Tax

IBSN (myIBSN.com) has not refunded the tax preparation fees that I had paid them. Its been 7 months now and I have tried every possible way to communicating with them. Based on an initial estimation of my tax refund, I paid them a fee and after I got the detailed statement I found a number of issues with the initial estimation and the final refund was much lower. They were to refund the difference in fees of more than $200 but they have never paid it back in spite of repeated follow up with them.

These guys are complete cheats and and i would like to advise everyone to stay away from them as far as possible.

• Ro
      24th of Oct, 2010

IBSN is a complete fraud. They should be avoided.

• Pa
      28th of Feb, 2011
    IBSN Tax - NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY
    Los Angeles
    California

This is not at all a customer friendly company.
    It is over 20 days but they could not compelete filing my tax. They simply do not care about client enquiry.
    Even though there is a formal procedure for escalation.
    however they do not have any standard SLA for response to be sent customer .
    They are only super-active when it is time to take money for customer tax consulting.
    I am just wondering how can so customer unfriendly corporation exist in this competetive world?
    If you feel like consulting IBSN for filing your tax think over and over again. Their service is reallly really poor. They do not even bother to reply client mails.

Worthless service provider...

• Vi
      6th of Apr, 2011
    IBSN Tax - Not a Professional Service at all - Too many issues and errors with Filing
    ibsntax.com

I have been filing my US tax returns with IBSN Tax as this was recommended by our Company (I prefer not to name my company here; but it is a company with more than 100K+ employees).
    1) Every time I have filed with IBSN I have to review each and every columns in the tax returns forms to ensure the correctness. And every time there were some mistakes
    2) They have even sent me someone else's tax returns for review; not sure how we can trust these guys, my file could have been sent to some one else as well.
    3) During 2017, my file went for audit in IRS as well as state and they pointed out an error in filing and refunded the difference after 2 months of delay.
    4) Even this year, they interviewed me for 2 hours and got so many information; however they somehow lost everything and made me repeat everything all over again.
    5) After uploading all necessary documents (W2, 1099, etc); they took more than a month to send me a tax summary. After repeated calls and threatening that I will file through some other services they sent me a summary
    6) As usual the tax preparation had some many errors and had to be corrected. And now its been a month since I gave the go-ahead, my taxes are not been filed yet. No responses to my email and no responses to my phone calls, they made me a perfect idiot after robing my money.
    7) One more important thing, the people preparing the tax are not auditors, they just go with some set of pre-defined rules. Hence they don't tell you what can be claimed for deduction and whats not. If you had mentioned some amount under some deduction they will include in the deduction. Also their 7 years tax representation covers only their mistakes. If you had mentioned any deduction which you are not eligible then that is not covered as part of representation (First of all those things should never appear in the tax preparation).

If anyone from IBSN is reading this complaint, please have the courtesy to respond. I am not complaining without any evidence, I do have evidence for every point I had mentioned above. I am going to consult my company's attorney & HR and take this issue forward

Just for reference, my file number in IBSN: C13827 (2017 return).

A word of caution for everyone who is planing to file tax with IBSN or have filed tax with IBSN; please be careful, this company is not up to the standards that they claim.

• Hu
      7th of Apr, 2011

I know from my experience that this is rouge company with absolutely no morals and utter disregard to customers. I have paid huge fee for there service and still did not get the documents. Can any one tell me how to proceed legally against this company?

• Sc
      15th of Apr, 2011
    IBSN Tax - Shady Company and Worst Customer Service
    IBSN Tax

IBSN is a cheating, lying and totally a shady company living upto their only motto of cheating their customers. I have been filing tax returns with them for several years now and it has been very atrocious this year, they charged more than 400 dollars for preparing the tax returns. I was given the tax preparation PDF only after paid the amount. But the tax calculation was so wrong and they claimed so many deductions that I was not eligible for. I certainly think that their customers will be audited by IRS due to IBSN's cheating tactics.

Having said this, i contacted IBSN atleast 15 times through email, sent messages and escalations on their website. But those damn crooks did not reply to one of my email. All their phone numbers are never answered, i have wasted a lot of time and totally frustrated with their pathetic service. I am going to file my tax through some website or HR Block (even if i get very less refund) and get over this. I dont know if I will get my money back because I have read a lot of complaints about them not returning any money.

Does anyone know how to sue their ### in a US court. I am totally sick of these crooks who cheat their way around the tax system.

• Nu
      19th of May, 2011
    IBSN Tax - Improper Filing and No Customer care
    IBSNTax.com

Do NOT use the services of IBSN. I have tried to file tax with IBSN, the people take care until you pay the fee. I have left them several mails from Feb, using their message box and regular email and none of them were replied.
    Please file taxes yourself and definitely you will do much better job than IBSN. (even if you got an F in Mathematics)
    They crapped up my filings, called me to say they filed it wrong, and no udpates on my filing later. All the information I see when I login is wrong.
    BTW you will not get any referral benefit as well, so do not try doing it.
    The worst service ever.

Vinil

• Qu
      27th of May, 2011

I have been reading many complaints about Tax Preparation in which many of you have not receive your refund or are uncertain if IBSN filed your taxes. As a former employee in Electronic Filing here are some steps you need to take. (1) Once your return has been accepted by the IRS you should receive an email from IBSN with a confirmation code. If you prepared you return on line you should have saved a copy of the finish product. (2) If all attempts with IBSN have failed you should call 800-829-1954 or 800-829-1040. You can also call E-file at 866-255-0654.
    You may have to hold for several minutes to speak with a CSR. You can also log on to www.irs.gov and click "where's my refund" you must know the exact amount of your expected refund and you will get the status of your refund. If your return has not been submitted to the IRS log on to IRS.gov, download Form 3949-A, complete it and mail it to IRS, Fresno CA 93888
    If contacted you will be asked numerous questions which must be consistent with the info on your return. You should also file a report with your State Attorney General.

3rd of Jun, 2011

This is a fraud company. I am tired to call them they are fraud. I tried what you said and my returns was not filed and I am in deep trouble.

3rd of Jun, 2011

IBSN is cheaters and blood suckers... IBSN fraud

• Ki
      7th of Jun, 2011
    IBSN Tax - No response back for email and phone calls
    www.ibsntax.com
    3406, 78th Street Ct
    Moline
    Illinois
    Phone: 847-849-1817, 919-924-0535 904-352-1077, 203-208-3121 650-200-4138, 678-619-2365 847-270-7016, 732-218-9447 563 355 0587, 609 216 7444 319 493 3355
    ibsntax.com

no response whatsoever, you try the phone, you try the email, even the site has the internal message sending service ---NO RESPONSE
    I have been customer for IBSN from 2017 they are know for fast, reliable and accurate tax filings that's why I stayed with them for past 3-4 years this year they screwed up big time
    I have to file manually this year because of my marriage for my wife's ITIN number. I started filing with them in January2011 and finished in May and still my states taxes are pending I received the ITIN from IRS and have to file the state taxes- I already paid IBSN for state tax filing as well I dont know what do
    I heard Lakshmi Palayapu was the cheif and responding to some of the messages on this complaint board if so 'Mr. Lakshmi Palayapu please address my problem ASAP else you will me as a customer and also all my friends.' may look like a warning but it really is a request for you to solve the problem
    oh by the way my name is kishore veeragandham incase you want to contact me you have every thing on my file on myibsn

16th of Jun, 2011
    IBSN Tax - Disgusting service. Errors and errors and Now no response
    New Jersey
    ibsntax.com

I used their service because I needed to submit thru paper and not online.
    My filing papers were created five times. Each time there were errors and errors. It was me who had to tell them what to do point out all the stupid errors. After the filing end dates, they closed most of their phone lines and stopped responding to escalation in a timely manner (ever after they came back from their company levelvacation). When I check the gov site, I dont see that my tax has been filed. I have been posting on their site abt the status of my state tax filing and there is no response.

30th of Jun, 2011

Hi, I too has been a victim of this..I want to sue them

• Ha
      10th of Oct, 2011

HI,
    I've had the same issues with ISN this year. I stayed with them the past 3 years just becuase they were doing a good job. This year has been a nightmare. I still haven't received any response from them. No one answes teh phone and no response to emails. I had to file an extension this year and now need to finish it by Oct 15th. But I haven't heard back anything from them. I don't know what to do. I've paid a lumpsome amount to these people. When they had get the money they called so many times. Now no response at all. I'm not sure how much fine will be there becuase of IBSn this year for mw. Hope they see these messages floating around and respond back ASAP.

Regards
    Hannah

• Ji
      6th of Feb, 2012

agreed..my 2017 year's refund is still pending with IBSN, because of which i am not being able to e-file my current tax return..as soon as I paid them, they stopped responding to my calls and emails..have been trying to contact them since last 1 year..recently, they have started operations again..guess, they'll again take money from new taxfilers and shut down their operations for a year...
    new taxfilers ***BEWARE****..IBSN is a fraud. It needs to be shut down. DO NOT file with them. e-filing is very safe and easy..one can do it on their own!!

• Ra
      28th of Feb, 2012
    IBSN Tax - IRS rejects tax returns prepared by IBSN
    IBSN INC
    Moline
    Illinois
    Ibsntax.com

IRS has been consistently rejecting tax returns prepared by IBSN. Apparently IBSN shows good amount of tax returns and lures customers, and then charges hundreds of dollars. So if you want to save YOURSELF FROM COMMITTING IRS FRAUD- DONOT FILE with IBSN.

All the victims, please write to Illionois state board at the following link - This will save hundreds of innocent people like us from being cheated by IBSN.

and fill in the following details of IBSN.
    IBSN INC
    3406 78TH STREET CT
    MOLINE, IL 61265
    563-355-7991

Your well wisher

• It
      30th of Mar, 2012

All..Even i was one of the victim .Got a response from IBSN for the email that i have sent to [protected]@ibsnus.com about the Tax audit.So please do the same.Don't loose your hopes at anytime.I have tried more than 200 times and finally got a response from them.All the best.Take care for at least the future filing.