IberoStar / hotel

1 Varadero, Cuba

Good evening,

I have just come home from my trip to Varadero Cuba. My group and I stayed at the Irberostar Bella Vista for one week July 10, 2018 - July 17, 2018. I am submitting this claim because on Sunday night (July 14, 2018) I was walking to the night entertainment on the resort, and I fell into a concrete hole. Attached are the photos of said hole. As you can see from these photos, there are no warnings signs mentioning this hole. However, there is a "do not walk on grass" sign, that' is 2-3 feet in the opposing direction, very small, and anyone within that vicinity would not be able to read/ see it's contents including children for that matter. If a child had fallen they could have seriously injured themselves. This hole should have been cordoned off with caution tape.. atleast ! Later that night, after my girlfriend and I realized it wouldn't stop bleeding, we made the decision to go to the 24 hour emergency clinic, seeing how it was too late to use the hotel's clinic. We left the resort, took a taxi, and when getting to the correct place we found out I needed to get stitches. I got 5 stitches and spent 140 convertible pesos. When getting back to the front desk at the hotel, they didn't seem too concerned nor did they do anything. The following day we put a claim in to costumer service and they said we would have to come back the next day to speak with the manager. When we went to speak with the manager there was no record that the incident had taken place. We had to put a claim in again and when the manager came to speak to us he said he would give us a couples massage and late check out for free. But how can I enjoy the massage when I was in so much pain. In addition to this; the cleanliness of our room was dispicable. Our towels always had stains on them, our sheets were never changed and remained damp. There were many cockroaches also seen around the hotel. This has been a major inconvenience, and it ruined not only mine but my girlfriend's vacation as well. This trip was a complete nightmare and I'm very unhappy with the way we were treated and I was unable to enjoy my trip. It is sad that I worked so hard all year round to save money for this trip and due to these circumstances my vacation was ruined. I have also attached the medical correspondence with the stamp, but I'm unable to open or tamper with the document because it is to be sent directly to the medical insurance company. I thank you for taking the time to address my incident. Please advise how you wish to go about this situation. Also take note I am prepared to take this matter further if my expectations are not met.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

George Stathopoulos