IBD Marketing / Guaranteed refund never received

1 Pompano Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-267-2125

I was guaranteed by IBD, per phone conversation, that if they could not sell my timeshare within 6 months, I would receive a full refund of $882.00. Instead of waiting for me to returned signed contract they pushed through charges on my credit card. I never did sign contract. After many many phone call from me I received a letter from Mr. Richard Beatric stating same. I heard nothing from them for 6 months. On October 29,2007 I was told that Mr. beatrice had okd the refund and it would be credited within 5 days. Again after many phone calls not being returned, I was told today Nov.26 to fax a copy of said letter. Has anyone had any luck suing these people?

Comments

• Ho
      29th of Nov, 2007

We have had our Time Share up for sale since June 2007 through IBD. We were told that there was an immediate demand for Times Shares in the Bahamas and that the only reason it wouldn't sale is if we didn't accept an offer. We have received no feedback from this company. We call all the time, but rarely ever receive a callback. We were told one time that they had offers, but the financing fell through. We get different story every time. We have dropped out price twice, and can't understand why it is not selling. We are very frustrated with the whole process.

29th of Nov, 2007

Of course nobody has had any luck suing us, as we have done nothing for them to sue us for. You omitted the fact that we told you once we received the copy of the fax of the letter from Mr. Beatrice the finance department would credit your refund right away, which you then at that point got very rude and nasty on the phone, used unorthodox language, and refused to send a simple fax so you could receive your refund. So what is it that you're really after here? Again, send the fax so we can have a copy of this letter that you're referring to (as we have no records this letter actually exists. Very rarely does the owner of the company have time to deal with customers himself, much less sit around and write them letters. That is why he hires employees such as customer service agents, buyers agents, and sales people.) and we'll credit the account. Simple as that my dear!

• Da
      29th of Nov, 2007

Did they explain to you at any point that they can't bring you offers until you sign your contract? It also states in your contract (which was also done verbally the day you signed up on a 3rd party recording/verbal agreement, which IS legal and binding) that IBD Marketing is a for sale by owner ADVERTISING agency. They don't have to guarantee your property will sell. So technically the 6 months you're supposedly giving them to "sell" (or advertise the property to be for sale) would not start until you do sign the contract which would allow you to accept offers on the property. Sounds to me like you breeched your end of your own contract. You were also informed the day you signed up for their services your card would be charged, which you again gave a VERBAL authorization for (you also had to have given them your credit card # yourself so certainly you knew it was being used for something?). With that being said, how do you figure "charges were PUSHED through"? Perhaps you weren't clear at the time as to what it was you were purchasing, which was an ADVERTISING SERVICE, not a GUARANTEE to have the property sold.

• Li
      11th of Dec, 2007

I for one, put my timeshare in IBD marketing hands. Everytime I call, I never get a response back. They told me that e-mail works better. I have tried that approach, and still nothing. I am hoping they do sell my timeshare soon. My husband is ill, and I can't afford to pay on it anymore. When they called me, they said the market was looking for a timeshare in cancun, and the one I have is very popular. Still 6months later it is still on the market.

• He
      12th of Dec, 2007

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE A CAMPSITE TIMESHARE UP FOR SALE WITH THEM SINCE LATE FEBRUARY OF 2007 THEY GIVE ME ALL KINDS OF STORIES WHEN I CALL THEM. I WAS CALLING EVERY WEEK, BUT NOW ITS EVERY 2-3. YOU GET TIRED OF GETTING THE RUN AROUND. I THOUGHT ABOUT GOING TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. WHICH I STILL MIGHT DO.THEY WANT TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THATS ALL.

• Ll
      26th of Dec, 2007

We had IBD list our Timeshare In Branson MO. 2/20/o7 After lots of guarantees and promises, I have called several times and there is always someone interested but no contracts, I have tried to call and contact by email but can not get through to anyone. I cannot even find their website anymore. Is this company still in business. If anyone has any information on this company I would appreciate it.
    Very Dissapointed Customer.

• Re
      27th of Dec, 2007

I have had my timeshare for sale for two years and I can not get answers from any one. I have called and called but what use is that, They have my money and they could care less about my frustration. I am wanting answers but getting none. I think a class action law- suit is whats needed here.

1st of Jan, 2008

I was contacted by ibd marketing and contracted them to sell timeshare. Now sfter many phone calls and dropping price,no sale was ever made.I can no longer can contact them. I agree something should be done to froce this company to come to terms or pay up.

• Lo
      9th of Jan, 2008

We listed our timeshare with IBD Marketing for $799.00! We called them after not hearing from them for a month. We were told they had several interested buyers and they had set up a showing!!! Heard nothing back after the supposed showing. Waited two weeks and called them again. They had two buyers that were waiting for credit approval. Did not hear back from them so we called them again. Crediting fell through so they were setting up another showing. A month passed by with no contact so we called again. The rep was very rude to me on the phone! She said it was not her problem that it didn't sell! Now we can't get ahold of anything but an answering machine and their website has been taken down!!!! Does anyone know if there is anything else we can do? We are going to try to file a dispute through our bank but the time frame has passed so that may not work.

• La
      9th of Jan, 2008

We listed our property in Aug. 2007 and our story is exactly the same as everyone else's here. I tried calling them again today and the voice mailbox is full and unable to accept anymore until it is emptied. I haven't ever been able to see our property to view or update it online, yet. We just are told that a lot of people are interested, but no offers yet. Our property is in Arizona and as they have told all of you, our property in a warm climate and on a golf course, is in high demand and again - that the only reason we won't sell is if we don't accept the offers. Something must be done!

• Me
      11th of Jan, 2008

In case you havent figured it out, that company is no longer in business. Once a company files bankruptcy, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, IT'S OVER. If you wanted your $ back, you should've waited to get your refund before you went complaining to the state agencies. You see, the state agencies arent interested in squeezing blood out of a stone, they just care about making sure the operations no longer continue. But for every one of these that go down, a new one opens. The only real way to put an end to it is to not buy into their services, no matter how "good" it sounds.

• Mi
      24th of Jan, 2008

I signed with them Aug 2007. I was not able to pay the whole 799.00 so they accepted 300.00 with the rest to be paid upon sale. I hadn't heard anything from them so I tried calling and got the voicemail. So I called the Pompano Police Dept. They said they have received several phonecalls, but referred me to the BBB. I called the BBB and was told they have an F rating. 79 complaints in 3 yrs and 29 unanswered. She told me to file a claim on their site. She said put in IBD Marketing and make sure the company id number is 90001207. I then called my bank to file a complaint. The woman creditied my account; however' I just received a letter stating it was over 90 days so they can do nothing and I will lose the 300.00 credit. I am all for a class action suit. My mom passed away and I got the timeshare. I have maintenance fees bldg up and need to sell it fast. Hope this info helps.

• Je
      3rd of Feb, 2008

I have the same issues with this company as every one else they never call you back or e-mail you they told me my timeshare would sell in 3 months and that has been over a year ago and I still have it. When you call the number they give you to call it says it is not even listed. last week it gave a persons cell phone that gave another number which was a travel agency, this is just crazy

• Ka
    Pompano Beach
    Florida
    Phone: 877-267-2125
    www.ibdmarketing.com

They are supposed to be selling my timeshares. I have had no response from the. No one answers the phone. They have charged me $1197 and $897 to sell two timeshares.

• Lo
      10th of Mar, 2008

I have been emailed by two employees from IBD Marketing. One employee has informed me that SHE no longer works for IBD Marketing yet she still defends them and answers emails....... ummmm....... I wonder what kind of game her and this Richard guy are playing. PEOPLE stay away from any company that asks for money upfront. We found out the hard way that it is nothing but a SCAM! Besides all the nasty little names that they have called me via email................... And by the way if you are reading this - (she knows who she is...... YOU CAN GO ON MATERNITY LEAVE PRIOR TO HAVING THE BABY STUPID!

Anyway - STAY AWAY FROM IBD MARKETING AND ANYONE THAT WAS EVER CONNECTED TO THAT COMPANY!!!!!!

26th of Mar, 2008

HEY IVE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM, , , THEY SAY IT WILL SELL BUT HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING.ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS I HAVE DONT WORK, NO LONGER IN SERVICE.I HAVE SENT EMAILS WITH NO RESPONSE.NOW WHAT DO I DO ABOUT IT??CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK?, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THEY CHARGED MY CARD BEFORE I EVER GOT A CONTRACT.

• Hi
      27th of Mar, 2008

I say we find these people and sue the hell out of them

• Ju
      2nd of Apr, 2008

I ALSO HAVE TRIED TO CALL AND E-MAIL THESE PEOPLE BUT NO ANSWER

I ALSO AGREE WITH HIHO LETS FIND THEM AND SUE THEM, THEN HANG THEM LIKE HORSE THIEFS

THAT THEY ARE LIKE THE OLD DAYS, WHEN IT WAS AND EYE FOR AND EYE.

THEM FOR TAKE OUR MONEY.

Virginia Beach, 23464
    Virginia
    Phone: 757-761-3137
    billm8@mmcmetlab.com

I was solicited by IBD Marketing to sell my timeshare and when I paid them almost 800.00 I never received even one offer. I tried many times over the past year to contact them but they wouldn't answer my calls, emails or faxes. I am left 800.00 poorer and with no way to see justice done.

28th of Apr, 2008

In 2006 I was contacted by Dave O'Connel from IBD Marketing. I wanted to sell my time share but was very skeptical about giving money up front (899.00) He was very persuasive telling me a pit bull sold me this time share it was going to take a pit bull to unload it. I contacted the Florida BBB and to no avail they could not help me because IBD is out of buisness. Isn't that just like a government agency. I have no idea on how to recoupe my money. I will say one thing. When I visit Florida next time I will be looking up a David O'Connel.