IBD-Marketing / No refund - company is a rip off!

Was approached by IBD-Marketing and after several grillings from myself and my spouse and the assurance that we were guaranteed a FULL refund if our timeshare sold via another outlet, we agreed to them SENDING us a contract to review. They immediately charged our credit card $249, without receiving a signed contract back from us.

We then sold our unit through another on-line agency (For FREE!!!) and I have spent the last two weeks phoning and faxing these people trying to get refund status or any information at all. We are constantly getting a 'Mailbox Full' message and I have paid twice to fax the documentation to assure us a refund. They are ducking and hiding and I am positive they have caller ID, so that when IBD-Marketing see it is 'Us' again, they transfer us to some hokey 'Mailbox Full Message'.

At this point I do not care if I have to spend money to get a lawyer to get our money back - I am so ticked off at these losers I will do it anyway just to make IBD-Marketing live up to the TAPE-RECORDED promise they made in our phone conversation.

Va

Comments

La
  19th of Nov, 2007

They charged me $982.00, and a promise to refund anytime I wanted out. I call them for my refund, and they said it would be credited to my charge card. I was told this by three different people, it been weeks now and it has not been done. They are not only scam artist, they are serious liars, and I want to join you in getting an attorney and filing a law suit.

Would you be interested in filing a class action suit? if so please let me know. I am irate and I know for sure these people should be in jail.

Also, I have left numerous messages and the cons don't have the decency to call me back.

Thanks
Larry

Ro
  26th of Nov, 2007

Where did you go to sell your time share for free? Ibd has also ripped us off!

Da
  29th of Nov, 2007

L. Slater? Why don't you use your real name which is Buchanan? Funny how you copied and pasted your exact same post from /link removed/ and again, your $249.50 has been refunded. Still telling your own half-truths I see!

Here's the link for anybody that would like to verify the full story on this particular individual's case:

/URL removed/

La
  6th of Dec, 2007

I have been trying to contact these people with the numbers they gave #877-267-2125 & 866*672-5180 and get a message that state the box is full. I didn't send back the contract and I would like my refund of $150. they charged my credit card prior to getting the signed contract back. How do I really get ahold of these people for a refund?

11th of Dec, 2007

Ms. Harnist,

You spoke with us on 12-6-07, the day you claim you couldn't get a hold of us. At that time, you stated DONNA, your sales agent, promised you a refund if you didn't like what the contract stated. However, when reviewing your verification tape (remember when they asked your permission to record the call?) and you were asked if she explained the contrat we would be sending you? At that point, you said NO. So how could she have promised you your $ back "if you got your contract and decided you didn't like it" if she never explained it to you to begin with? At that point you were then explained the terms, which DID include a 7 day review period, and you agreed to them. ALL of them. Furthermore, you signed up with IBD Marketing Nov. 14, and did not contact us to "change your mind" until 12-6-07. 3 weeks AFTER your contract was sent out, 3 weeks after the advertising (which is what you paid for and not in full at that) on your property had been done. As far as your statement to your credit card being charged, you authorized the charge for 11-14-07, TWICE. By not signing the contract you are only stopping us from bringing you offers on your property, which was also explained to you in the verbal agreement which is legal and binding. You can go to the main page of our website (www.ibd-marketing.com) and it states that at the bottom of our home page. As far as how do you really get a hold of us? The same # you called 5 days ago and spoke to us, which would be 877-267-2125 .

Jo
  26th of Dec, 2007

I have had Ibd marketing for 1 year an never had on offer on my time share every time I called they allways stated they had some one in financeing for me an how could you do that with out an offer all I would like is to get my 399.oo back an we part company they haven't lived up to there turms.

Ma
  5th of Jan, 2008
IBD Marketing - Take your money and run
IBD Markerting

Its been a year and nothing except out the $800.00 and have had no results whatsoever from this company. I have made many calls even visited the supposed office in Pompano which no one was ever there. They are total crooks. The first guy we spoke with is no longer with the company so they say so whoever you get on the phone gives you a run-around on any questions you may have they have a bunch of stupid people that are on the phones they tell lies and forget about ever getting any sort of refund from this outfit. I hope they all dry and rot away with nothing left so they can't take other people's hard earned money. They get what they want they run U around hoping you will stop callling then they win and keep your money to. Run like hell from ever joining up with these people.

Ge
  5th of Jan, 2008

God I wish I would stop being such a sucker. Just once it would be nice if a company really would do what they say they are going to do. Instead they make idle promises and paint a pretty picture get some of our hard earned money and that is the end of it. What has happen in this country where is all of the honesty gone? You can't hardly believe anything you read or hear anymore and if it has to do with money forget it you are going to loose. I was contacted by these people and sugar coated into listing my week. I really hadn't been seriously thinking about selling but I own 2 weeks and haven't used them for about 15 years so I thought why not. Now I know why not kiss another half weeks wages goodbye. Will I ever learn. Good luck fellow citizens and be careful with your money.
G. P.

Ch
  7th of Jan, 2008

I too am having a problem with IBD Marketing. They were great at contacting me to get the contract to sell however now there is no number to reach them at. The mailbox is always full, the two times I did get to leave a message no one called me back, my contract information is wrong, I am not listed on the web site section... my complaints go on and on. I am currently going to take legal action this is terrible that people make money off of taking advantage of others...

Ca
  7th of Jan, 2008

I cannot get on the ibd-marketing website, says it has been suspended. I have also tried to call the numbers i was given and like the complaints I have read all I get is a "MAIL BOX FULL" message. I also called a number that was given to me, supposedly a direct number, the sales representative I was dealing with gave me and I get no answer or message.

I paid them $310.00 for advertising fee and returned the contract to them in May of 2007 and have talked to them on one or two occasions early on after signing up but I have had no contact iniatiated by them at all since, now I can't get in touch with them by phone or on the internet. I recently looked at the BBB for southeast Florida and even thou IBD-Marketing is not a BBB member they still give them a company rating of "F", the lowest rating possible. This rating is given because they strongly question the company's reliability due to the number of complaints that they have not replied to complaints, their advertising is misleading, they are not in compliance with the law's licensing and registration requirements and the companies industry is known for its fraudulent business practices. I would really like to get my money back but not being able to get in touch with them don't know what to do. I would be interesting in joining with a class action lawsuit against these people.

Mi
  7th of Jan, 2008

I too cannot get ahold of anyone with ibd-marketing. We paid an 1180.00 up front advertising fee. I constantly get a mailbox full message when calling and today tried to access their website which I found to be suspended. I signed a contract with them in June of 2007 and since the initial call have never been contacted by them. I had called on three occasions myself and was told almost the exact same thing each time. They said I had some virtual tours scheduled for the weekend and that they would be getting back in touch with me. They never did and now I cant even get in touch with them. I really would like to get my money back and would be interested in joing with a class action lawsuit aginst these people. I have three small children and really needed to sell my timeshrare for the money and now find myself in even more debt. If anyone can help please contact me!!!! mia_faire@hotmail.com

De
  10th of Jan, 2008
IBD-Marketing - Useless company
IBD-Marketing
New York

I was promised a firm price of $19,000 within three months for the sale of my timeshare. It has now been two and a half months and I have heard nothing from IBD-Marketing. This is after paying a $1698 (advertising) fee. How do I get my money back? Or my timeshare sold for the quoted price.

15th of Jan, 2008

I too joined in 2007 and signed a contract with a discount of 150.00 for being a firefighter. Well I would call them on everyWed and they would tell me pretty much the same thing. They would have a virtual tour and that they had a few people interested in buying it. I paid a total of 798.00 and would like to get my money back. Join me in the class action suit if one is ever filed. Just send a response via email.

Ca
  17th of Jan, 2008

My husband has had nothing but trouble with this company...they are a big rip off they have costed us well over 800 dollars also and my husbands bank account has been closed because of them...a check they had sent us from their bank had bounced....Hmm they are supposed to be this big timeshare company that is ###...we were promised that our timeshare would be sold within 45 days and if it wasn't they would send us a 500 dollar gift card still have not heard anything from them or received anything from them....so if anyone knows any free places to sell let me know please....and for IBD if you guys read these which Im sure you do cuzz you find it funny to rip people off our lawyer will be contacting real soon

De
  17th of Jan, 2008

wow........this GUY JIM BRADY PROMISED US THE WORLD.. TOOK $ 882.00 FROM US CANT WE GET A HOLD OF THESE GUYS EVER.THE 1-877-267-2125 IS ALWAYS FULL, AND NO CALL BACKS..WHAT CAN WE DO LET ME KNOW?

18th of Jan, 2008

This c ompany has not officially filed bankruptcy however they are not going to give refunds. The only way we could get our money if someone had filed a class action lawsuit against them and from where we are not it would cost more money now. You can not squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Al
  20th of Jan, 2008

We were also approaced and they charged a fee of $682.00 on my credit card for which they swore they would either sell or rent my timeshare. It has now been over a year and we have yet to hear from them regarding the status.

My wife was able to reach someone after numerous letters and emails and all they had to say was they put our timeshare back on the advertisement list they use for free. This was no consolation to us at all.

Do you know of a reuptible free service we can go to so we too can try and sell our timeshare.

Please let me know as we have been trying to obtain buyers of ours over a year now.

Thanks!
Al Brambila

Sh
  22nd of Jan, 2008

I have written a few of you & don't think the one I sent Jami
(supposedly from the company) was sent. I, too, have been taken in by IBD. Our business has been slow because of the housing market & besides had to pay more maintenance fees for our place in FL because of the hurricane 2 years ago; so thought it would be a good idea to try and rent it so we maybe could get some money back. So, when Mr. David Lewis called me w/ his offer - it sounded good. At that time, he answered his phone so thought it was legitmate. I have spent the last 2 days
trying to call these people to no avail. Like many of you all I get is that the "mailbox is full". I called our resort & talked to a rep there who looked them up in the Yellow Pages & gave me a different # in Pompano Beach, Fl which is now disconnected. Also, couldn't get any info. on the website which they said would be available. There are plenty of other "sites" to check out but not the one they said would be there - which was to click on "view or update your listing". So, I tried the other links and came upon these complaint & scam ones. Boy, do I wish I had checked here first. We pd. them $388.00. Glad I didn't get talked into trying to sell for more money than that. I beleive these "scam" outfits should be punished. I'd be more than glad to be a part of a class action suit; if that were at all possible. But, wouldn't know where to start - so if someone else is pursuing this I'd be glad to take part. (email me - ok?) I also did call the Better Business Bureau in Florida & was on hold for 10 min. & then was told to leave a message - so I did. Hopefully, they'll call back tomorrow. I was told they were listed w/ them but I do know they are NOT. Again, sorry I was so naive to believe everything they told me.

Sh
  22nd of Jan, 2008

I had forgotten to ask what someone else did also - does anyone know of a reputable place to sell or rent a timeshare? I'd love to know of the one that was FREE obviously - but that sounds too good to be true! We've only had ours for rent since Oct. & I thought about trying to sell - so actually, it was probably a good thing I didn't get in touch w/ anyone. A friend of our niece told us to forget ever trying to sell because on E-bay he said some people are just ready to "dump" theirs for even $1.00; so they don't default, I guess, on the fees & taxes, etc. We're not interested in that, as if we couldn't get a decent price for it - we, hopefully, will be able to use it again next year.

Fa
  26th of Jan, 2008

I too have been ripped off by IBD Marketing.

I was originally contacted by their salesman John Aucella in October or November 2006. I was very skeptical, he was very convincing. Stated he was from the Northeast, my home area, was a retired military aviater, abhorred dishonesty, etc., etc. I informed him I could not afford to pay the advertising price he was asking, that I was trying to sell due to financial hardship at the time. He gave me a SPECIAL deal that if I paid $399.00 now I could pay the BALANCE of $299.00 when my TImeshare was sold. He guaranteed it would be sold within three months. It appears from reading the complaints that there were several DIFFERENT advertising costs, depending on the salesperson.

I too was told they were a member of the BBB and that they had been in business for 7 years without a complaint. He also stated I could call the 'Bureau of Timeshare' and gave me a phone number which I did call and was informed that there were no complaints on record. I did try to contact the BBB but at first had the wrong area BBB, obtained the phone number for the correct BBB office but never did get through to them due to recorded messages, hold times etc.

In the meantime John Aucella kept calling me, became my best buddy, gave me his personal cell phone number even.

Well, I did finally, stupidly, send a check for the $399.00. I then never received a contract. I tried to contact them, I left several messages with no return call. John Aucella did not answer his cell phone. Finally in January of 2007 I did reach Mellisa Waters who stated the contract was sent in November but it had gone to an incorrect address. I stated at that time that I wanted a refund. Ms Waters stated "Don't you want to sell? We have someone interested and trying to obtain finance right at this time. I fell for it and she faxed a contract for me to sign, fax back then mail the original to her attention. She informed me at that time that John Aucella was no longer with the company. I have never heard from them again.

As with everyone else, the mailboxes are full on the phone numbers I am able to get through to, all other phone numbers I was given, including the Bureau of Time Share, have been disconnected. The fax number is no longer in service and the web sight is down.

I would VERY MUCH like to get my money back. It would most likely cost more than the $399.00 to retain an attorney to sue, but if a class action suit is filed I would gladly join.

One person stated in their complaint letter that they wondered if IBD Marketing was still doing business under a different name. That would not surprise me. I wonder if it might not be American Timeshare Marketing as there are similar complaint letters against them and they are fairly new. They are listed with the BBB though. They also have an impressive web site.

I did, believe it or not, sign up with American Timeshare Marketing also. Boy, do I need my head examined. I guess I just want to sell this albatross so badly I become a gullible fool.

I'd really like to hear of a reputable FREE marketing company. I would not even mind paying a fee or commission AFTER the timeshare is sold but not one dime more beforehand.

I currently have two other marketing companies harrassing me to sign up with them. Of course, twice burned is enough.