IBC / Money disappeared from safe deposit box

1 606 South Texas BlvdTX, United States Review updated:

After my husband died in November 2007, the bank employees changed the way they allowed me to access my safe deposit box. They would come take MY key and the bank key and sometimes, access my safe deposit box with both keys outside of my site and without any surveillance cameras in the vault.

I had the employees who helped me, write down the amount in safe deposit box. On February 12m 2008, I had them count the money, and fifteen thousand four hundred dollars was missing.

The bank has not been cooperative with my representatives, nor the criminal investigations officers and investigators who are investigating the matter.

I would advise folks to avoid using the IBC banks in Texas or Oklahoma.

More IBC Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• As
      21st of Apr, 2008

From your posting, it is not clear if you have reported this to the police. If you haven't done so, do so immediately. You cannot count on the bank's investigation. Also, make a complaint to the federal agency that regulates banks. While safe deposit boxes are not insured, they might be interested. Talk to an attorney. If you have something from the bank that verifies the content of the box before it went missing, it sounds like a good lawsuit to me.

• Da
      2nd of Jul, 2008

There are a few things here...One, they should NEVER get into your safe deposit box without you. Two, it is illegal to keep money in your dafe deposit box.????? Kinda seems like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.