Ibanc Investments / Scam

1 Milwaukee, WI, United States Review updated:

I am a former employee of ibanc investments, now known as icapital banc, owned by thomas h. Brooks and alyssa hietman. These two dishonest people are running a scam on milwaukee businesses as well as milwaukee residents. I worked for thomas for about a week, and through out the week nothing added up. I was new in the business and thus had a lot of questions about how things are run. Thomas not once answered any of my questions, he simply answered it with another question or merely talked about a lot of irrevelent stuff that made absoluting no sense.

So needless to say i started to do some research on them and their company and what i found just made everything fall into place.

I had a client who was ready to sign his contract agreement and wanted to know who the lender was who would be funding his loan. So because i did not know i asked dan caminiti (A former employee, possible scam artist) and he got really upset and angry with me and proceeded to speak to me vulgarly, obviously i hung up. Dan must have spoken to tom because the next morning we had an office meeting where thomas proceeded to belittle me and a co - worker, throw papers at us and refused to tell us who the lender was for my client. At that point we both were upset and felt unsafe around tom and dan. We didnt know what they were capable of so we left to do our appointments for the day. Later that day we were fired, threathen that we were going to be sued and refused to be paid for the work we did

Thomas h. Brooks is a crook and he needs to be stopped. We are living in tough economic times and the fact thst someone can sit back and take peoples money speaks to the morality of his character and it makes me sick to my stomach that he has gotten away with it for so long.

Thomas brooks has yet to pay any of his employees including myself. All i want is for him and alyssa hietman to pay for what they have done.

They are operating as icapital banc
912 e. Wright street

[protected]
Antoinettereed76@yahoo.com

Comments

18th of Mar, 2009

I am a current employee for icapital banc and i was not only surprised but highly upset when i ran across the complaint on this sight.

I have personally cashed payroll checks and spoke to a number of lenders myself.
    So as i said to my amazement this had me quite applaud!!! I wish people that are no longer employed with icap and obviously scorned not put my job in jeopardy . Please keep your malicious accusations to your self with out any facts. I you have worked a full term of the pay period you would have the benefit of a pay check. This is sheer SLANDER point blank!!! In the real world "if you don't work you don't eat". this is a company that is paying my bills so i beg to differ. Please stop the the Slander.. Thank

• Re
      23rd of Mar, 2009

The guy is a scam artist he doesn't file taxes and doesn't pay his employees what says he will. Have you closed a loan? Has this company closed a loan? No it hasn't and it never will. But have you collected upfront fees from clients for "processing & underwriting" yet you haven't pulled one single credit report on your clients? Thought so. I understand you want to protect your job but you might ask yourself why is Tom so defensive and vague.. why is it he can not show a closed HUD Statement from any deal? And be the way the word is appalled, unless you were applauding Antoniette for what she said. I use to work for this man, brought in close to $48, 000.00 in retainers on his behalf.. over 20 loans... he never closed one, screwed me on my pay constantly and then when I called him out and quit he claimed that I wasn't doing my job. Look this man up under CCAP (circuit access system for wisconsin, ) he has been sued so many times.. not to mention by the state of wisconsin for failure to pay business tax and employee tax. By the way never received a W-2 from him, so hence he took money from my checks and then never paid tax on my behalf. If you want more information feel free to contact me (414-334-7297.)

• Po
      23rd of Mar, 2009

To the "CURRENT" employee who posted as "Not A Just Scorned":

1) Judging by the way that is written, I wouldn't be surprised if that was authored by Tom Brooks, himself, posing as a so-called "current employee".

2) You are concerned about putting YOUR job in jeopardy, but fail to realize you just put THOUSANDS of LIVES in jeopardy by luring people into iCapital's fraudulent practices.

3) I am also a former employee, and glad to see that there are others bringing Tom Brook and Alyssa Heitman's fraudulent actions into light. From my experience, Tom and Alyssa POCKET the retainer fees, promising loan after loan after loan, but with NO results. When questioned about closing dates, clients were told time after time that they needed to submit more and more paperwork... TWO MONTHS after the promised closing date. If you can't get them a loan, you need to say it to them upfront; just like every other LEGITIMATE bank, you'd know within 48-hours whether or not they would be approved based on simple facts.

Tom Brooks and Alyssa Heitman are FRAUDS to the EXTREME!!! To the "current employee, " are you one of the TWO "current employees" he has?? From all of the spelling errors in your post, you sound like you don't even have a 5th grade education, let alone, the ability to speak to all of those so-called "lenders." As far as I'm concerned, every single account I brought in for iCapital just sat there collecting dust, while Tom and Alyssa were very busy doing other things, like browsing MySpace. He doesn't even care about loans and commissions, because he NEVER CLOSED ON A LOAN!! I just feel terrible for all of the people I brought in for his company, because every last one of them has walked away losing thousands of dollars and a whole lot of trust.

You will never see a penny of your commissions, but you will gain a tarnished reputation amongst every new account you've brought in when you're done with iCapital.

So to the "current employee, " (which sounds like Tom Brooks, himself), mark my words, you will 'beg to differ' from what you've just posted in a few weeks.

Everyone else, STAY AWAY FROM iCAPITAL BANC!

• Un
      25th of Mar, 2009

Hello Dan Caminiti and Antoinette Reed, I am a former Employee of the company and I am sadden to say that you both were fired from IBANC INVESTMENT at the time of your employment for stealing files and Telling IBANC INVESTMENT customers to write personal checks of $2, 000 and more in your own name and cashing checks without the company knowledge and proper authorization. At the same time stealing clients files and taking deals to other sources for possible funded. You both were FIRED for lying to many customers and NOT processing their loan request to close customers loans in a timely matter. So please with your false claim and bogus remarks and find a job and get a life.

Ponzi a.k.a Sobia Jabeen

If you have the courage to speak out then have the courage to release your name. You gave away to many clues in your message to know who you were. Always think things through first. Why were you afraid to address anything while you were here? Then address your concerns when you are gone? You knew of all the documents needed to proceed in closing loans. You were they who chose to do your job 1/2 and you know the rest. That is why Mr. Brooks needed to hire someone else to go behind you to get the rest of the needed documentation in order to put all your deals through. As far as the retainer fees are concerned they are used to pay employees like you for doing what you felt was necessary and not fully completing the whole process, and being sent to multiply lenders downloaded on disc. Do you think any of this costs time or money? Plus we are a Business Consulting Firm so yes you have to pay for that service. You are also the one who chose to walk away from your commissions. So therefor you are the one who will not reap this jobs benefits. Everyone else will. As far as MySpace goes you were the ONE bringing it to my attention being concerned about another employee and you are the ONE who showed me how to pull it up. So, who is really the one with the extra time on their hands? Keep your stay at home mom day job that suits you better. By the way this is Alyssa Heitman.

26th of Mar, 2009

Antoinette Reed I finally have a little extra time to speak up on my behalf. If you would like to tell a story tell the whole story. You are the one who at that particular meeting that morning took on personally what Mr. Brooks was saying to the whole entire room. So, own that. Not one time did Mr. Brooks threaten you. You went a couple of doors down and didn't tell your brothers the truth and that is why you had them coming to this door to threaten Mr. Brooks and even wanting to fight him and that is why the police were called for a accuracy of the out of hand situation plus later that same day your dad coming over and making even more threats towards Mr. Brooks. Then following behind that yet another return of the police. So, please state the part you played in all this. You also took company information and did not return it even when the police asked you for it. You and another co -worker went into your dads house to take it out of your bag. That same day when you and another co-worker were suppose to be working on your own were riding together to so called customers you say you were working with and telling them false information about the company. You had no proof of just hearsay. Always ask if in doubt about something. Be a leader and not a follower. You were to new as you say to know Mr. Brooks has a open door policy. Mr. Brooks pays for people who are working their job not trying to improperly abuse payroll such as what you did. Now does this make sense? I never did anything to you personally. So, I would personally appreciate it if you keep my name out of your mouth. If you have anything further you would like to say you can always call me and I know you know the number seeing that you have nothing else better to do except track what Mr. Brooks is doing.

26th of Mar, 2009

Dan Caminiti what a pleasure it is to finally address you. The question I ask myself is where do I begin? First off you went around to clients telling them their up front out of pocket fee was going toward a appraisal which was a complete lie and if they would have taken out the time to read their singed contract they would have seen that was not what that went towards. It was not Mr. Brooks fault if you didn't get all the paper work from your customers in order to proceed, nor if they didn't have money for a appraisal in which the bank orders (NOT YOU) or didn't like what the direct lender was offering them. He did his part as a Business Consultant. You also had clients which Mr. Brooks knew nothing about making checks out to your name and not the companys name then cashing them, and making misleading LOI's without company permission. Also customers were knocking at this door for you and their money and were no where to be found. Then illegally working with commercial mortgages at First Point Lending located on Jefferson St. located downtown. Do you remember your Non- Compete agreement you signed? Also your work was paid to you to its fullest. For example you were lent one of Mr. Brooks lab tops by you not having one, taken to appointments, the train station( by him or other employees), received a bed room set as a house warming gift, your car being paid out of impound (because you had no money plus can't read parking signs) given pay advances sometimes two times a week (because you couldn't manage your money. I could go on. By the way your pay advances were tax free. So, you were paid your taxes. Did you forget? When are you going to grow up to learn to be a man instead of relying on everyone else and using people? You are a little boy who knows NOTHING about responsibility. So GROW UP DANNY BOY!!!

• Re
      26th of Mar, 2009

Would nice to see some actual factual information on here. Here is a link to Thomas Brooks CCAP page for the state of Wisconsin for all the judgements filed against him by previous employees, the state of Wisconsin (not paying taxes) and numerous other individuals that these people have taken advantage of.

To address your accusation of taking money from clients, never happened, show some proof and I will gladly pay anyone of these so called clients. As far as my business is concerned now, nothing about my work is illegal... I work for a licensed firm in downtown with good honest people. I close loans and don't take upfront "Consultant fees." All of the other points you made are what they are, did I ask for advances? yes, because the salary I was suppose to be making wasn't being paid to me. So whatever happen to the roughly $50, 000 in ibanc checks that your received? Ever close one of those loans? See it is always someone else's fault with you guys... someone else is always to blame... do you know what honest work is? Have you ever closed a loan? I am done with this, my whole point was to get your name out to let people know what kind of business you run.

26th of Mar, 2009

It was nice of you to respond back Baby Boy. Have you looked at your profile on ccap with your original name lately since you have X amount of time on your hands? Mr Brooks name is more common and all of that stuff doesn't pertain to him. Take a good look in the mirror and ask you yourself if you see your reflection looking back at you if it's a honest one, and there you have it. So, you shouldn't be judging anyone. Of coarse the owner of your company has to be licensed because he also does residential mortgages (that is what you specialize in) we do not. If you knew anything Dan. If you wanted your job back all you needed to say was you were sorry. Not create unnecessary drama. By all means you would have made your desired salary if you would have worked your job all the way through. You were dead weight around here. Along with being a hinderance and annoying. Along with be incapable of comprehending large scale complex loan projects, and that is why Mr. Brooks kicked you out of the office. Plus we have no time for a adult son such as yourself. You have your own mother for that. We have a qualified sales team now who knows how to correctly fill out all needed documentation to get their customers loans closed. Something you just couldn't seem to get right. If you would have been smart enough back then you could have enjoyed some of your closings now we enjoy them. Besides we gave you all the leads, and you couldn't keep up with our fast paced environment. Just within this month we have over $500M in our pipeline with lenders that are in progress to being closed. These are #'s you can't even fantasize about. What can you bring to the table? We have proof of such transactions that are at the lender. What do you have? Because over here we love competition if there REALLY is any. Get some large loans and call us to see if we can fund your loans for you. Oops ... you work in residential and small commercial loans. I'm board now, Tot Ta.

23rd of Apr, 2009

These people are now running under the name A.I. AMERICAN INVESTMENTS in Chicago and Milwaukee. The website is www.ainvestcorp.com. Tom Brooks and Alyssa Heitman, I used to work for these frauds, who took upfront fees from clients, and ran off with their money a few months later. Changed their business name dozens of times, that's how they keep getting away.

FRAUDS FRAUDS FRAUDS!

American Investments Corp
    American Investments
    A.I.

Scam Alert!!

14th of May, 2009

I also was a employee along with my friend. Not once did we get paid and then out of the blue he fired us in an email... We filed a complaint with UC and the labor board. We also had lawyer contact them... They have no assets nothing to sue so in the end it would have cost us money to sue that broke ###. Every time I see a listing for his jobs I report them as fraud :)

22nd of Aug, 2009

Original Business Start Date: May 1993

Principal: Anna Morgan, Customer Service Manager
    Customer Contact: Anna Morgan, Customer Service Manager - (888) 701-0111

Entity: Sole Proprietor
    Type of Business: Loans, Business Consultants, Investment Advisory Service, Loans-Small Business
    BBB Accreditation: Chicago Funding Exchange is not a BBB Accredited business.

22nd of Aug, 2009