Ian Travel Services - Hotels.com / Fraudulent Charges

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Please check all Credit Card Invoices when using the hotel booking portal www.hotels.com. Credit card charges from this portal are handled by a company called "IAN Travel Services". Any charge which states a telephone number as a reference is fraudulent. They have charged me almost 500 pound sterling for nothing. Please call your credit card provider to claim your money back. Calling Hostel.com is only useful to check which bookings you have made. They re just a call centre and don't have any telephone number of their partner IAN Travel Services. The company "IAN Travel Services" cannot be found on the internet. The only information available by googling is that according to Linkedin.com a person called Ian Anthony Clark claims to be the owner of ian-travel-services.com. There is also a company called IAN.com, which states to be a division of www.hotels.com. If these persons or companies are those who are responsible or at least negligent to the fraudulent charges in their name is not known.
So please refrain from using hostel.com until they clean up their mess or change their financial partner.

Comments

• Sw
      12th of Apr, 2011

I also was unfairly charged by ian.com (under the name of TSP travel) when I booked a room of a hotel 1 month in advance with a credit card. Ian.com charged me immediately for the whole amount of room charges in advance. If I had not looked up in the credit card statement online, I would have thought that the 10-day room charge would show up 1 month later after my trip. Also, I could find direct booking of the hotel cheaper than the guaranteed-lowest prices as quoted by ian.com. while the hotel does not have a policy for customers to pay any deposit to make a reservation.

• Ra