Ian Travel Services / Credit card has been debited but did not make any booking with the agency

1 Sweden Review updated:

Credit card has been debited but did not make any booking with the agency.
I booked hotel through Hotwire.com and flight through Continental Airlines home page and in addition of confirmed payments there was a separate extra 581.32sek (~$75) for IAN Travel Services which wasn't included in either of the reservations.

I saw there were other complaints concerning IAN Travel Services - I wonder if anybody has got any explanation or solution?

Comments

• Al
      7th of Apr, 2009

Credit card has been debited but did not make any booking with the agency.

• Yu
      13th of Apr, 2009

My visa card was charged three times in Mar 23rd, but I never booked any services with IAN Travel
    Please repay that amount of money...Yunus

• Su
      20th of Apr, 2009

SORRY!!! This was an unnecessary complaint!!! I found an explanation. It is my booking through Otels.com that goes under name IAN Travel Services.

• Yv
      21st of Apr, 2009

I never bookied with Ian Travel and yet they have taken money out of my MasterCard account.

28th of Apr, 2009

We were also overcharged after a stay at the Radisson Ambassador in Puerto Rico this january. Our charge was to be $56 and our Visa statement had a bill of $359! We've gotten ZERO satisfaction from Hotels.com, the Radisson, or anyone else involved because they keep pawning everything off on IAN Travel Services. We never knowingly did business with IAN Travel Services, nor have we been able to contact anyone associate with them. We live in Ireland and, after months of trying to contact Hotels.com or IAN by any other means but email, have found none of the fax or telephone work! Any idas of where to take this next???

• Li
      13th of Jul, 2009
    Ian Travel Services - Reservations failure
    IAN Travel Services
    4625 45th Ave SE M4 Lacey, WA 98503
    Phone: 360-923-4807

FRAUD! I called to make reservations on May 20. 2009 for the Riverside Ramada in Casper, WY for June 16th. I was assured that that was done and $80.35 was debited from my account. I called to make sure and was told that a Laurie at the motel had confirmed it. I arrived in Casper on the 16th. THERE WAS NO RESERVATION. I paid $106.92 for a room which was billed to my account on June 19th. So I'm home trying to get things straightened out. The only people I can talk to are off shore. They say they can't put me through to a representative in the US. The individual I talked to told me that he called the motel and was told I wasn't charged. Then he told me IAN Travel Services had offered me $50 dollars but I have to use it through them. I ask you, WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT? I want my $80.35 back plus the $106.92 I was out equalling $187.28. I don't seem to have any recourse. I've been scammed and I can't talk to anyone who will take responsibility.

I will be calling this state's attorney general and trying to get this outfit shut down. I don't have that kind of money to throw around and I don't need to travel for hours only to find out that I don't have a place to stay.

• Vu
      8th of Aug, 2009

Just opened my visa statement this morning, expecting the bill for Hotels.com. We booked through them for a stay in Ireland in July. Not only did I get this bill but an amount of 287.88 from IAN Travel Services, who I have never heard of, as well. Cannot get through on their tel no and after reading the above complaints can see it has happened many times. I have no idea where this amount has come from cos I have never spoken to anyone at IAN Travel. It is disgraceful that they can just debit your card, now I have the hassel of contacting my bank to try and claim it back.

16th of Sep, 2009

Same thing happened to me - booked Grand Canyon flight through Scenic Airlines, that was all processed OK but suspect their site had been hijacked, found a $1 test authorisation on my card from IAN Travel Services & another $171.00 charge. No luck tracking them down for a refund (& would not trust them) - had to report to bank (hopefully get refund) & cancel / change my card.
    Absoulte b***ards - avoid at all costs.

• Mi
      2nd of Nov, 2009

I think they should put Hotels.com on the bill! I just called about the same thing. Really ... they are paying a lot of $$$ for customer service to receive a lot of phone calls!

• Kh
      2nd of Feb, 2010

My credit card has been charged for $849 by IAN Travel services. These are unauthorized.