Iams Pet Food / prices

1 PA, United States Review updated:

Iams decreased the amount of dog food in their large size bags from 40 pounds to 33 pounds and increased the price by $1-2. So us consumers are paying a few more dollars for 17.5% LESS product. As a loyal customer for 20+ years, I'm considering changing to a generic brand. Heck, I happily consume generic/store brands, I'm sure my dog will be fine with it too.

Comments

• Ca
      20th of Mar, 2007
    Iams - Recalled food not posted!

Iams has not listed the recalled food on their website, a blank page is there, not a list of batch numbers or plant codes. Nothing! Phone calls are useless, email is unanswered. I want the list of contaminated foods to avoid posted somewhere!!!

• Th
      24th of Apr, 2012

Actually store brands are usually worse than Purina, Pedigree, or Ol' Roy (which are horrible dog foods). The only store brand that I'm aware of that I would feed to an animal is Kirkland's dog food in Costco. It's about $1/lb and is a highly rated food. It's probably the best bang for your buck when it comes to petfood.

Check out dogfoodadvisor.com before you decide on a new brand.

• Be
      29th of Jul, 2012

Hi. I work for Iams and I want to tell you we appreciate your long-term loyalty to our products. We're sorry about the increase in price. Unfortunately, many of our ingredients have risen in price and so we’ve had to adjust some of our prices and bag sizes. We don't want to lower our quality, because we want your pet to get the superior nutrition that you’ve come to trust with Iams.

• Be
      16th of Mar, 2013

I just opened a Iams pro active hairball care and my cat is vomiting all over the house. I replaced the food and left them a note with the batch number 23364175 02 us 30941 010414 01 apr14