i10 / Tyres

1 India Review updated:

I purchased new i10 car on 27.09.2008, from Devaki atuomobiles pvt. lTD. DHULE (MAHARASHTRA) BEARING FOLLOWING DETAILS:
Model Name : i-10 1.2 Magna, Engine No.G4LA8M014796,
TYRE MAKE : BRIDGE STONE.
Total Run of the Car till now is 19000 km.
my Complaint is about the tyres. All the tyres are almost finished within 19000km drive. Is this life the tyres??? my car runs on good roads all the time.
I asked the Dealer, I got reply that i should contact the company for that.
...Shall I expect reply from you pls?? This is my 3rd car by your company. What shall I do for those tyres>?????
...ASHOK PUNSHI, CELL PH. +[protected]

Comments

• Am
      21st of Oct, 2009

Same problem is with my car tyres also. and the tyres in my car just lasted 13000 kilometers. Wwhile checking in uk hyundai i10 specifications found that i10 which are sold in uk are fitted with 14' tyres (http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/i10/specifications/). The size 155/80 x 13 are not the best suited tyres for hyundai i10. the company is making fool of indian public by fitting bad tyres on i10 here in India. we should sue the company in consumer forum for giving bad tyres here in India.
    I personally know a lot of other Hyundai i10 owners who have this same problem. some of them have also got replacement for their tyres from the company.

• Gn
      6th of Jul, 2011

My i10 has done 23K. The tyre wear pattern is much irregular and making dug sound on the move. It happened especially after the tyres are rotated on 22K service. Hyndai (HMP) guys didn't accept their mistake and blaming my driving style :). I thought that bad wheel alignment would have caused all these issue, before chatting with my friend owning i10 of the same batch. He also complained the same issue. After inspecting his tyres, I found same tyre wear pattern in his i10 and causing the same issue. It concludes me that the weight distribution or some technical stuff of the i10 is not correct. Hyundai should accept the mistake and apologize the innocent customers. If possible they should come forward with some remedy. That’s all we can do as we live in India.

• Th
      19th of May, 2012

Here I have the same case. I am complaining Hyundai service station since my 20K service, these guys dont accept the fault and keep doing balancing and alignment.
    Now they are blaming that one rim is jump out and tyres are weared out and need to be replace. Wear pattern is not even although.