I WIN WHITENING GLENDALE, CA / free sample turns into a $88.97 charge!!!!

1 Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:

I received a email about a free trial offer of luminous brites, just pay shipping and handling. I figured it was worth a shot, since it would be no more than $5.99. However, after about 3 weeks a $88.97 charge appeared on my credit card for I WIN WHITENING GLENDALE, CA. I tried to contact the company by phone and got a hold of a customer service rep. who would only cancel my membership. I never knew I was a member, since the ad stated trial! I asked the employee how I would go about disputing this charge, since the company didn't have my permission to use my card more than once. However, the unconcerned employee stated that he didn't handle that and that I would have to email the company. Why couldn't I talk to a person?? After sending an email stating that I wanted to dispute the charges and return the product (since I hadn't even used it yet!) I received a email response back that had I read the terms and conditions I would have seen that the charges would not have been mad had I not cancelled my membership. But I never asked to become a member, it was a trial offer! After responding again to this email asking for the opportunity to return the product and receive the $88.97 refund I received another email response. This time it stated that since I didn't cancel my membership "ike the thousands of members who actually read the terms and conditions" that all they would offer is let me keep the refills and receive a $34.99 refund. Awful customer service!! I''m not taking their offer, I'm still disputing it.

Jk

Comments

14th of Oct, 2008

I am in the exact same boat. Let me know how it turns out for you.

14th of Oct, 2008

I am having the SAME problem.. I got the 2nd pkg on 10/9, then I checked my credit card statement and was blown away. I looked up their Return policy and I'm well within the 15 day return.. I called them and was told to EMAIL them for a RMA..
    I sent them 2 emails and only got 1 response telling me how I should of canceled & that they canceled me but no mention of the RMA# which was the ONLY reason I sent the emails.. I replied back telling them telling them that I'm still within their own policy to return the item.. but have yet to get a reply.. tomorrow I will dispute the charge on my credit card statement and file the complaint with the BBBS.
    Note: their address has like 15 different names with a lot of complaints on each!

17th of Oct, 2008

I have the identical problem as the others. I am presently trying to get the unauthorized charge of $87.97 removed from my credit card.

30th of Oct, 2008

Same exact thing happened to me. By any chance will one of you send me a phone number and email address for this company?

I replied to a sample of this product with a $4.99 fee for s/h and 3 weeks later have a withdrawal from my checking acct of $88.97. I will be contacting my bank this morning to see if there's anything that can be done. Didn't actually use a credit card but a debit/ credit card from my bank.