I/O Magic / Rebate runaround

1 4 MarconiIrvine, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (949) 707-4800

Sent in the required paperwork. Said they never received it. When I called them, the guy was a real wise-guy to boot. Told me to fax them (long distance call) with copies of all the info. Their website now says that the rebate IS processed and approved. E-Mailed them for a status report - TWICE. NO REPLY. 8 more weeks will be a year since I submitted the rebate. This company is nothing but a bunch of SCAM ARTISTS!! And just read the tons of complaints about them. They market marginal products and I have no idea how they stay in business. (correction). I DO KNOW HOW THEY STAY IN BUSINESS!

Never, EVER buy an I/O MAGIC product that requires a rebate. I wouldn't even buy another I/O MAGIC product if their warranty service is as incompetent and unprofessional as their rebate service. Probably the same people.

Wa

Comments

• Ji
      7th of Jul, 2009

I bought a 500 gig internal hard drive. It made noise and quit working in two days. After a week of trying I can tell you it is impossible to get a human being on the phone and their web support is a joke. I can't use it because my product (an internal hard drive) isn't on their drop down list.

Looks like $50.00 shot to hell. I'll never do business with them again. Don't make the same mistake I did!

James Snider
    ada16s2000@yahoo.com
    602-550-0855

23rd of Aug, 2009

All I ever read is bad stuff about this product and their customer service. I bought an IO Magic 250 gb external hard drive and you cannot turn it off with out it having problems. It takes forever to read and turn back on..and now it won't turn back on on at all. It blinks and clicks for days and then just shuts off and looks dead. I've tried it and gone through 3 cycles of this nonesense. I can't believe how many people I've read w/ the same problem with all of their external drives and yet they still sell them and are in business.

• Ho
      12th of Nov, 2009

IO Magic SUX!!! They sell crap and don't care. I bought a dell mini with and external DVD from IO Magic. It totally quit working within the warranty period. If you didn't save the receipt or didn't register it, your out of luck. The only "Magic" related to this company is that they are still in business selling CRAP!