I DJ Now / rip off shipping charges

1 NY, US Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-355-7746

I ordered a small item on line which weighed 2 lbs. The UPS shipping charge they added to my account was $26. I took the small box to my UPS store and they told me the shipping should have been about $10. I called customer service at I DJ Now in New York. A kid answered (he sounded about 16-17) and his response was there was nothing he could do. That's their procedure. He did not give his name.

Comments

• Id
      Sep 02, 2009

Response from idjnow

The customer placed the order on our website. The shipping rate was disclosed at point of check out through our website. We didn't just tack on an additional charge after ordering. My name is Evan and I have been running mail order division for 12 years. We ship out of NY. On top of any UPS shipping UPS also tacks on fuel, residential and signature surcharges plus there is just a natural handling charge.

We do offer Free Shipping on most orders orders over $199. The customer placed the order before the website prompts him to put in any credit card info and gave him the shipping rate that he accepted and he complains that he was ripped off. There were no surprises after the order was agreed. The product he received was satisfactory and was delivered in a timely manner. We take all complaints seriously and address all of them. We feel it is our obligation that you get both sides.

Any questions feel free to contact Evan Marsh at [protected] ext. 180.