Hyvee Food / Mislead and poor ad

Lincoln, NE, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 4026172238
Hi,

I have recently used a coupon from the regular mailbox ads to make a purchase at Hyvee.

Stated on the coupon, it would allow me to purchase a "8 Piece of Crisp'N Tender or Herb Roasted Chicken" for $5.99. I decide to choose the 8 piece of Herb Roasted Chicken.

I've asked for 4 breasts and 4 thighs. The person working over the counter declined me that I couldn't do that. He told me that I would have to take 2 of each part of the chicken (2-thighs, 2-wings, 2-drumsticks, 2-breasts). I said, well, it's not stated on the coupon at all that it's limited to particular chicken parts. He gave me a "scoff" and a blank stare. Moreover, because the line is queuing up with people, I've decided to give up and just take it. Not only that, because I have a high cholesterol level, my doctor has advised me not to consume any chicken wings, but as you can see here, I guess I don't have a choice here.

Because of this incident, I am very very dissatisfied with Hyvee for not being clear on the ad. Besides that, this is not the only part that does not make sense.

On the regular menu, like ordering for a 2-pc or 3-pc and any other choices, it clearly didn't state or limit which particular chicken part that a customer can or cannot order. It wouldn't make sense, if I decide to order say a '2-pc' and requested for a breast and a thigh and are not given a "NO" - because I must take the drumstick and the wings?

I hope this incident would not be repeated again, and I sure hope that hyvee has a more open policy. I am sad to see this happen as I have been a regular on hyvee since trying to switch over from walmart. I doubt if I have make the right choice.
Vx

Comments

Bo
  7th of Apr, 2010
Um... It's Hy-Vee's special, they can set the restrictions however they want. If they put "white and dark meat only" on the ad then it wouldn't be effective because no one would come in to purchase it. They figure that since you're already there and you were led in by the ad, you'll take the special anyway. It's retail, it's life, get over it. I'm a manager at a Walmart and every store does this!