Hyundai Motor America / service at kearny mesa
I brought my car to the service center with concerns about my Hyundai. It had been making a loud noise for a few weeks. I was worried that it was my engine, so I was not letting anyone ride in my car until I got it fixed. When I brought the car to this service center, I described the sound the best I could. I told them I was worried that it could be the engine but that I honestly had no idea what the noise was (I do not know much about cars). The agent told me that it could be my wheels but that they would drive the car, check the engine and attempt to diagnose the issue. I received a call from Alton, and he told me that there was nothing wrong with my car and that they did not hear the sound about which I was talking. They said they drove the car around the service center and could not reproduce the sound. I picked up my car, even though I still heard the noise, figured that I was wrong, that the noise was not abnormal nor new. LUCKILY, I got a flat tire a few days later and took it to the auto shop up the street from me. This mechanic drove my car from the parking space into the garage and IMMEDIATELY told me that my car had a loud grumbling and catching sound, which unmistakably signals a wheel bearing problem. There was something wrong with my front left wheel bearing, and he told me that the wheel bearing repair could be fixed under my pre-owned warranty at the Hyundai service center. I scheduled an appointment online for wheel bearing repair soon after.
When I took my car back to Hyundai to have the wheel bearing fixed, I was told that they would first have to run diagnostics, which could not be done that day. It could not be completed for another 7 days. Despite being upset that the repair could not be done (I had made an appointment for wheel bearing repair online days ago), Alton essentially started to blame me for not describing the sound correctly at my initial visit. He was unapologetic. I am extremely disappointed. I also question if they even DROVE my car when it was in their shop. If a mechanic from up the street can diagnose a wheel bearing issue within minutes, I would expect the same from any mechanic at Kearny Mesa. They either lied or are incompetent.
More Hyundai Motor America Complaints & Reviews
- Hyundai - hyundai customer services, in south africa 
- Hyundai Motor Finance Company - unsolicited phone calls 
- Hyundai Television - manufacturing defect 
- Hyundai Santro Xing - crankshaft of my santro xing 2004 model is defective! 
- Hyundai Motor Copany / Neal And Massy Trinidad And Tobago - defective vehicle
- Hyundai Motor America - service center
- Hyundai Motor America - mitchell hyundai in enterprise alabama
- Hyundai Motor America - 2013 hyundai sonata engine
- Hyundai Motor America - hyundai of lake norman-lease-on 9/28/18
- Hyundai Motor America - service manager at hyundai 112 medford ny