Hyundai I20 Crdi / multiple issues/problems with i20 crdi

1 India Review updated:

I purchased Hyundai i20 CRDi on 5th August 2009. Since day one I have been having multiple problems with the car: -

1) It started with a noise I used to get inside the car. Went to the service center at Jakkasandra multiple times and at last it was found to emanate from the rear view mirror inside the car and was fixed.

2) I have been having multiple problems with the steering. The steering used to make noise on going over un-even roads. Again for this I went to the jakkasandra service center multiple times. They tried make some patch up here and there with the steering but ended up making the steering very stiff and also the car started pulling me to the left. I was asked to go to multiple service centers (Seshadripuram and Yeshwanthapur) service center to get this problem fixed. The Yeshwantpur service center guys told me that they have replaced my steering rack with that of a new test drive vehicle. Even after this change I was still getting some noise from the steering and had to again go to the service center to get that fixed. Still my steering pulls me to the left.

3) I keep getting noise from the navigator seat belt buckle. They neither have fixed it since 6 months nor have to agreed to replace the part.

I have gone to the service center atleast 20 times (I have the documentation as proof) and yet my steering still pulls me to the left and I still get multiple noise inside the cabin. I am going through extream mental agony for facing these issues after paying 8.2 Lakhs for this car. I have not decided to approach the consumer forum hoping to get justice.

Comments

• Su
      21st of Feb, 2010

Typo in last line. Please read as "I have now decided to approach the consumer forum hoping to get justice"

21st of Feb, 2010

Further more to my complaint, I have found that the service and repair personnel in Trident have scratched the interiors of my car. I am completely depressed and frustrated :(.

31st of Mar, 2010

I had purchased the car from trident Hyundai and was going there for fixing the issue. They were unable to fix the issue inspite of going there over 20 times. I went to Advaith and they fixed the issue in two visits. They replaced the steering column along with the EPS motor and this addressed the issue. trident Hyundai completely cheated me and on top of it scratched the interior of my car. I dont suggest anyone to go to trident.