Hyundai i10 2014Bad Service

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Reference 1008253 Naomi Muller.

Please see letter below.

I had a meeting with Ian O’Conner on 19 November 2014. After driving the car, he admitted a problem with the car. He then advised me to send the car back for repairs, which they will contact me to bring the vehicle in. This will now be the eights time that this vehicle will be going in for the same problem. By 26 November 2014, I contacted them to find out what they are going to do about the situation as this vehicle is getting worse day by day and no one had the decency to phone me about bringing back the vehicle for repairs.

On 26 November 2014, I went back to Hyndai, as I have had enough of their promises and nothing happening. I spoke to Dave Turner at the Newton Park Branch and he drove the vehicle and said that there is a problem and he will now book the vehicle in for Monday 1 December 2014.

I was told by Dave that I can take the matter to you, but it will be timeously, as well as, that I will be liable for the km I drove with this vehicle. This is unacceptable, as I have been on them, since the day I bought it. As I mentioned this car is getting worse day by day. I was also told that if I take this vehicle to the AA my warranty will no longer be valid.

It is inconvenient to take this vehicle in all the time as I do work full time. It is now getting embarrassing to ask time off and with all the testing and driving up and down, I had to fill my car once again, as they are using my fuel.

I am going on leave and do not feel safe to drive this vehicle. In actual fact I demand a replacement as I still have 5 years to pay on this vehicle.

Kind Regard

To: '[protected]@mfc.co.za'
Subject: Hyndai i10

To whom it may concern,

RE : Hyndai i10 purchased from Hyndai Newton Park

I Naomi Muller Id : [protected] purchased the above mentioned vehicle in June 2014. I really had very poor services from Their service department and management. Ever since I took possession of this vehicle, I have had endless problems.

On purchasing the vehicle and approving of finance, to my surprise after waiting one week, I had to find out that my vehicle was loaned to another customer as a curtesy car.
On receiving my car, I experienced the following problems :

1. Handbrake did not work properly.
2. Gears grinded.
3. Rattle on left hand front door.
4. Rattle on dash board.
5. Terrible fuel fumes.
6. While driving, the car had a surges in it. As well as on the idling position.
7. As soon as I reached the 80 km/h mark, the car vibrates.
8. Spots of rust on the Back passenger doors.
9. Spare wheel and tools were not secured in the boot.

This vehicle has been sent to the workshop for 6 times to repair the above-mentioned problems. As well as a further 3 mimes to remove the rust.

On 11 November 2014 the vehicle was sent back again for the vibrating noises, rust and vibration on the car.

By receiving the vehicle on 11 November 2014 later that afternoon, I was told that the whole computer box had to be reset, as well as the chassis had to be attended to. Where the dashboard is concerned, I was told that it is a common problem with Hyndai i10’s, that driving the vehicle it causes the bolts to wear loose, as well as the computer boxes to go faulty. Hyndai i10 are also know to vibrate when driving. I was notified that sponges was put in the engine to prevent vibrating noises.

On 12 November 2014 I took the vehicle back again and told them that the problems are currently still not solved and therefore I do not want that vehicle. What concerns me is why was it necessary to repair a new vehicle with only 4000 km on the clock’s, chassis. I find it pointless to pay a further 5 years on a vehicle that has been worked on numerously and still not rectified.

I then asked to speak to the manager, and the message I received was that it was pointless, as he would reiterate what he had told the staff member.

I have now referred several people to Hyndai and this actually scares me to hear such negativity and utter nonsence.

If this problem is not solved immediately and the vehicle, replaced, I will take this matter further.

Kind Regard