Hyundai Elantra — extended warranty scam
Beware!!! When closing the deal in the finance office. Ok, I know you're suppose to read the fine print and the entire page they throw in your face to be signed but let's be honest, how many of us do that? We sit down, all excited about getting a brand new car and the good deal we got and you get home, after the excitement has ended and sit down with papers in hand and a cup of coffee, you look over your paperwork. What's this, $700 for gap insurance, $1979 for an extended warranty that no one asked you if you wanted. I drove to the dealership the next day and talked to the sales manager and he assured me, no problem, we can take that off, just see bill in finance and he'll take care of it. Ok, i'm happy until bill tells me, "oh, you got that low interest rate by adding the coverage, if I take it off, the interest rate will go up 2 points." payment will be the same if not more. Ok, then I guess I have no choice but to keep it. Back to the computer and google (Google is man's best friend, to find out anything and everything you ever wanted to know) seems i'm not alone is this shady practice and the thing about the interest rate is bs... Right there on the paper it says, this contract has nothing to do with you getting financed with our company. After reading more on the contract, I see that I can cancel this for a full refund within a certain number of days if not used. I plan on doing just that and they can send the check to the bank and have it applied to my loan and keep my payment the same, that's fine, I just don't want the warranty and the way it was sold to me was tricky and unprofessional. The gap insurance is going to be cancelled as well...
More Hyundai Elantra Complaints & Reviews
- Hyundai - hyundai customer services, in south africa 
- Hyundai Motor Finance Company - unsolicited phone calls 
- Hyundai Television - manufacturing defect 
- Hyundai Santro Xing - crankshaft of my santro xing 2004 model is defective! 
- Hyundai / Getz - paint 
- Hyundai Wonderboom - damage caused by workshop and other damage not repaired 
- Hyundai Motor America - service at kearny mesa
- Hyundai Motor America - no power steering 
- Hyundai of New Port Richey - my car was a lemon!!!
- Deep Hyundai - poor performance