Hydroxotone / False Advertising

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Advertised free trial on the radio. Pay only small shipping charge. Thats the hook they get your credit card number and after the free trial period ended (14 days) I was charged the full price for what they had shipped me which was a two month supply! I called to complain that it was supposed to be a "free" trial why are they now charging me? The customer service rep said I had 14 to trial the product and if I did not return it within that time I would be charged an automatically shipped the next months supply.

There is nothing free about these kind of trial offers. They lure you in with a small charge just to get your credit card number and then it is very difficult to get out of it.

Li

More Hydroxotone Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• La
      23rd of Nov, 2009

Hydroxatone offers a "30 day free trial" for their Hydrolyze product. Over the phone you are told all you have to pay is the shipping and handling and that you can cancel at any time.But when you get the product in two jars, you are billed over 140 dollars on your credit card a few days later. BEWARE..this is a scam. I'm reporting it to the BBB and FTC.

• Lo
      3rd of May, 2010

I agree this is totally false adverstising when you call or email they ignore you.
    Do not get involved in these only pay for shipping...i will report as well.

• El
      1st of Jun, 2010

The same thing happened to me. But they couldn't charge my card because our bank had notified us of a security problem and they were issuing us a new card. It happened to be before this scam outfit charged it. So they sent us a letter of demand for payment. I called them and told them I was returning the product that I had tried 3 times, but my face broke out. They interrupted me and told me I couldn't return it and I had to pay 208.oo for the 3 jars. After trying to get them to listen instead of interrupt and argue, we agreed that I would return the product, they would charge my card 125.00, and they would send me a catalog with a credit to order something else. That was 3 months ago. I know they received the product back because of tracking. They charged my credit card and have not sent me a catalog or credit. They argued and interrupted again when I called them. Then they hung up on me. I have called the attorney generals office, and will call my credit card company.

• Rh
      6th of Jul, 2010

I am so glad I just read all of this, I was two minutes away from giving them my credit card information and trying out this "free trial" product. Thank you all for taking the time to put in your complaints, it did stop someone else from repeating your mistakes. I am sorry you are all having so many problems!!!

• Bu
      13th of Jan, 2011

me too, i already in a seconds to give my credit card number but i just mention just a moment because i dont want to take risks of giving someone else my credit card number without knowing who's im talking too and what company i am going to trust this important privacy ...they are offering so many nice giveaways that can attempt us to entrust them our money even only little amount its not practical to entrust to this kind of computerized person your credit card number because we dont know what happen next if they already hold our card number they can do what they want without our consent...beware people...!!! on this kind of company they just want to get and collect if they used their computer communicating with consumer...we need to be wise in this kind of bussiness too...im just concerned that this already happened to you guys...maybe you can contact consumer protection government to report this situation.

• So
      26th of Feb, 2011

I too have fallen foul of this scam. I have just received my 'free' samples which cost me £29.95 custom duty. In the package were the details of the payment they would be taking along with the news they would be sending further orders every month. I contacted my bank to cancel any payments only to be told they couldn't cancel the payment I could only complain after the event. I will be closing my bank account so that no payments can be taken.

• Ta
      28th of Feb, 2011

I like many others tried the free trial and received my quick order about 7-9 days later?? I was also charged for a two months supply. I had an allergic reaction within a day or two and called the company. I was told to send it back within the 14 day period. I didn't receive my order for 9 days and tried it for three to see if that was indeed was causing the allergic reaction. Keep in mind the 9 days it took to get the product was deducted from my free 14 day trial.I sent it back and have been charged again since I have returned the product. So far I have paid for 4 months and I sent the first 2 back and have not even received the second 2 month supply I have been charged for. To be honest, I saw this on facebook but it's odd how the white cream base is white, gold and other colors when applied like a mask on models in the many different pictures they show on the ads.

• Sh
      12th of Mar, 2011

It is total crap, it burns your eyes and burns your skin. They keep takinf money out of my account, I am going to get a new card first thing on Monday. Sheila

• Ka
      12th of Apr, 2011

I had no problems with the billing. I called and explained to them that I didn't realize I would be billed for two months and the person that I talked to was very kind and just had me send back the one month. I got to keep the other for the introductory price. I still order it and simply get a month at a time as I need it. I call them when I need more of the product.
    The hydoxotone works beautiful for my skin. The cream that I recieve is yellow and works well. However, one time I received some white cream that smelled different and was definitly not the real thing as it did not work like the yellow. Sent it back...no problem.