Hydroderm / SCAM

I have contacted the Southern CA BBB and they followed through on my complaint to the point where they contacted Alena Internet Corporation, received a reply from them noting that I would receive credit to my credit card account.. Several weeks passed without credit being applied. I contacted BBB again and was apprised that they could not take additional action.

I received the trial Hydroderm product in September 2008. Approximately a month later another order was received per their contract . I contacted them and was provided with an RMA. The same day I returned the item, unopened, via UPS with a tracking number.
After waiting several days, I contacted Mr. Gary Yeager at Alena Internet Corporation, He stated that their computer system was still down and he requested my credit card number and said a credit would be applied in approximately seven to ten days. Subsequently, his office closed down and their internet address and telephone number disappeared.

In early January 2009, I submitted a completed "Consumer Complaint Against A Business /Corporation" form to "The public Inquiry Unit" in the Office of the California Attorney General, P.O. Box 944255, Sacramento, CA [protected].

I suggest everyone that has had similar experiences with HYDRODERM to also contact the Attorney General's office at the above address at the earliest.

To day, February 4, 2009, I spoke with a Hydroderm Customer Service Agent using the telephone number [protected] as noted on Hydroderm's present internet advertisement. The agent said that they purchased Hydroderm in the last quarter of 2008. He seemed astounded when I discussed my problem. He could not provide any data relating to the whereabouts of Alena Internet Corp. He was so hesitant answering my inquiries.

Lo

Comments

• Va
      21st of Oct, 2008

This scam is even WORSE than those complaints in 2006 I read about. I called for several weeks to get an RMA number (whatever that is) to return my unused product and NOT be billed but was told every time the "system was down" and to call back. I would NOT be billed. WHATEVER!!! There is no system!!! They billed me anyway. I was told to send it back with a tracking number. I was still billed. I found out the address is an old abandoned warehouse. I CANCELLED MY CREDIT CARD IMMEDIATELY before they could charge me another $70. These people MUST be stopped. I can't believe this has gone on for so many years. I am reporting this to the FBI.

• Em
      1st of Dec, 2008

I was told I could discontinue my order at anytime. Wheni tryed to reach them, there web site was not functioning, when i called the phone number i was puton hold for 35 minutes and then discoected. this happened twice. mean while they continue to bill my credit card.