Hydrocodone / NOT NEEDED

1 105 East Northpoint Blvd., Salisbury, MD, US Review updated:
Phone: 410-341-8112 Banfields

I have an English Bully. She has a terrible tail skinfold (wrinkle) infection. Her ears were also infected but I had medication from another vet and I was treating her ears. My first complain was that she had a dead tick on her. I removed the tick, actually if fell off when he left the room. He wanted to sell me one shot and one bottle of medicine at approx. $100.00. I had to arague but those items came off! I also had to argue about another medicine. The bill started off at $374, after argueing for an hour I did get the bill down to $214.
Dr, Cassutto gave be a script to be filled at a drug store. The script was for HYDROCODONE. I didn't realize it until just a while ago when I looked it on line but that medicine is for a cough!!! My dog has NO cough.
What's he trying to do to my dogs health and my pocketbook????
I wouldn't trust Banfields in Salisbury with my pets health for all the tea in china.

Comments

• Am
      Sep 13, 2009

It is also a pain suppressant, you shouldn't always rely on everything you read online.

• Je
      Jun 15, 2010

Skinfold infections can be very painful and very difficult to clear up. Any one who owns an English Bulldog has hopefully researched the breed because there are a myriad of health issues that this breed has to contend with due to it's genetics. Hydrocodone (aka Lortab, vicodin) is an opiate, a synthetic form a codeine also related to percocet. It does have a side affect of reducing cough which is why you'll see it in many prescription cough syrups for humans, but Hydrocodone also tends to dry respiratory secretions, a desirable effect in benign minor infections. Since you refused the meds he was trying to give you (which were probably a prednisone and antibiotic specific to these kinds of infections) he wrote you the script for hydrocodone which is cheap and will at least make the dog more comfortable for the time being. It will NOT however cure the infection, it will get worse and if untreated will enter the dogs body and the dog will become spetic, which is life threatening. If you really feel that vet was ripping you off go to a new one soon, for the sake of your dogs health.

BTW, I'm a vet tech. Luckily, I work for a great Dr but we get a lot of people who refuse meds these poor animals need because of cost. Some are high yes, but some, if you just cut out that starbucks once a week can be affordable and help your baby.

• Mo
      Jan 08, 2013
    Hydrocodone - No yet delivered
    Meds Easy.com
    Eldridge
    Iowa
    Phone: [protected]

I ordered medication back in December, and still have not received it. They already took my money out of the bank about a month ago. How do I get what I ordered?