Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In
The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website

Hydra Financial Limited Fund


They put money in my account and repeatedly kept taking money out

Complaint Rating:  100 % with 1 votes
100% 1
Contact information:
Hydra Financial Limited Fund
United States
I applied for a payday loan through this company.I got towards the end of the application and decided I didn’t want to finalize it because they wanted way more back in return then what they were gonna loan…For a $200 loan they wanted $260..This is if I sent them a letter in three business days before the payment was due informing them I didn’t want to pay an interest fee of $60 every week til the due date. I received a call because I didn’t complete the application and thats when I stated I decided against doing the loan.They said to call them if I changed my mind.Well, they put the money in my account anyway.I was never aware of this because I only used my bank to cash checks not deposit money.One day I decided I’d open one of my statements and thats when I became aware of the things that were going on.They put money in my account and repeatedly kept taking money out and tried to say I took their money.I am now being harassed by a company saying I defrauded them and that they are taking me to court.I have my proof that I never touched the money “thank goodness”!But now I’m stuck with the harassing calls and possibility of a court date which they say will be served to me within 48 hours at my job site!
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges


Sort by: Date | Rating
N  28th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hey chill out don't panic! Think and focus. Ok.

Don't be scared by courts. Courts are actually there to help you to whip scammers like these. Tell them to make sure they have your address correctly because you are eager to talk to someone intelligent (a judge) and not brainless fools who scam people around.

Now you could strike first. Close the account, write them a check of their cash and send it to them with a Cease and Desist letter CMRRR. Explain you did not complete the application. Mention the call from whoever, when and what the caller said. Mention that in absence of a signed contract from your end they proceeded to deposit cash into your account with the same and without your knowledge. In absence of a signed contract by you that that transaction is null and void and you are therefore kindly offering their cash back. Warn them that next time funds are deposited into your account in absence of a signed contract you shall consider those funds as a grant the same will not be refunded to them. Send that letter CMRRR enclosing their refund check. and wait to hear from them. My guess is you won't hear from them because they will realise you are too smart, not scared of the legal system, you know your rights, you have given them back their cash and they have received your letter by CMRRR-something they cannot deny.
N  28th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
If they actually take you to court, no problem. Make sure you show up. If you don't a judgement summary will be automatically entered against you. Now first things first, if you did not complete the application they don't have your signature to proceed (to deposit cash that is.) Thus, there is no contract between you and them so upon this you request the case to be dismissed. All you have to do is request for proof of the contract with your signature on it. They don't have it. So they don't have much of a case against you. In fact they don't have a case.

You need to strengthen your case. Gather all your documentation. Then write down what transpired in it's entirety. Include the call from them. Who called, when, what was said, etc. everything. You will present that to the judge. Your documentation is to include the bank activities. Mention that you did not touch the money as you did not know it was there and you had stopped the application. And you acted in good faith, because you could easily consider that these fools just decided to grant you cash.

You do not need a lawyer, it will be a small claims court. You can represent yourself. Go post your questions at debtorboards dot com. People there do this daily and will guide you along.

I suspect these fools will not sue you. I think they will proceed to attempt to take cash out of your account. Most likely they just might even take out their fees and penalties. Be careful. You might want to talk to your bank. Also explore suspending your account-that means no withdrawals.

After all is settled you should consider to 1-open a new account and only then 2- close this one.

You will need to educate yourself on your consumer rights under federal laws first, FDCPA and FCRA.Hit google on these:-
1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick

Post your Comment

Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree
Comment text
Attach photos (optional)

Contact Us

Reply to