Hutchison 3G (UK) Ltd / Terrible customer service

1 England, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I have just bought a contract from 3 online. I wanted to find out whether while i wait for my phone to arrive, to aplly to keep my original pay-as-you-go 3 number. Everytime I called the number above and went through about 10 automated responses, I got though to a person that asked me to call the [protected] number to get help on that issue! I've done that three times, and every time the customer care people tell me different information, some say that I can keep my original number, some say that I can't, some say that I can obtain my new mobile number before it arrives and some say it's impossible! Does anyone at 3 know what is the truth and what is not??

Furthermore, most of the time I think I was transferred to India, as I struggled to understand a word those people were saying because of the heavy accents, and I won't even mention their automated responses that made absolutely no sense.

Can I get some sort of information from Hutchison 3G (UK) Ltd? Please advise smb!

Comments

• Ge
      13th of Oct, 2008

George Blair 07782126181

Phoned 3 India Fri 3rd Oct Just to enquire when my contract ends and was informed 17th Jan. The Short version is. Ended up accepting Deal £24 Month real price £27 but if I accepted now, £24 it would be. Received phone Monday 6th and used it. Phoned 3 India Thur separate enquiry and was told the tariff was £27 monthly I told them that this was not the deal I made and would be happy to send the phone back in perfect condition and was told that they would not accept it as it had been used. From this time I’ve been phoning 3 each time through at least 3 different operators and listening to lift music each time having to explain the whole story before being passed on to the next person who ‘s only solution is to get the guy who made the deal in the first place to phone me. Received a call Sat 11th Oct 8.30 pm at work but was far to busy to talk so asked if he could phone Sunday. Diddent happen Got fed up waiting for a call from him so today Monday 13th October I went to the three shop in Irvine where I stay. Staff were very helpful spending at least an hour been phoning 3 each time through at least 3 - 4 different operators and listening to lift music each time having to explain the whole story before being passed on to the next person who‘s only solution is to get the guy who made the deal in the first place to phone me tonight at 6pm Diddent happen. I know £3.00 a Month is nothing but I'm so frustrated at being treated like this that it’s now the principal of the thing.