Hutch Post Paid Services / Customer cheating and harassment!

1 India Review updated:

I am a Post Paid Subscriber of Hutchison ESSAR No. ([protected]) since April 2002. I have not had any such issues in the past transaction switch HUTCH. However this time they crossed their limits and are not responding to my e-mails.

The issue is while on roaming on the 1st of January I sent around 65-70 messages to my friends and relatives wishing them HAPPY NEW YEAR. The message I sent was 187 characters long including spaces. But HUTCH says that the message was in the range of 600 - 640 characters. When I have sent the msg I know how much it was. They charged me 4 times the actual charge.

On roaming the charges were Rs. 3.47 for 1 message, they charged four times. and instead of charing me for 70 messages they charged me for 282 messages.

I have sent them repeated reminders for reversing that amount from the bill however nothing happened. Not even once the Relationship Manager has responded to my mails. Although as per the plan I am a corporate customer for them. I wrote mails to their heads. Even I think they are busy getting into VODAFONE and counting the money they will get after the buyout is finished.

I have even sent mails to these ids which are supposed to be their highest authorities for any issue resolution: 'Gurpreet.nodal@hutch.in'; 'sanjoy.hutch@hutch.in'

They send 4 messages every week to me for making the payment. after waiting for a resolution and getting my connection disconnected by their stupid staff I made the payment of Rs.4700 and deducted the wrong amount from it which was Rs. 586. They charged late fee I also deducted that.

I am willing to file a case against HUTCH for harassing me through phone calls & messages and teach them a lesson.

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2007

Earlier I was using prepaid connection of Hutch and recently switched to postpaid connection. I am feeling some of the problems, I agree as with the above written things, Like staff is stupid, it is really a fact as i was just inquiring about the talk plans from a Customer Care Executive, but unfortunately he launched a request for changing the plan (I clearly told him that right now i have no plan to change my Talk plan) they changed my plan (which is not suitable for me).

Again I was inquiring about other facility i.e. Itemized Billing. I asked CCE that whether or not I have subscribed for Itemized Billing, she told me that I have activated the same facility (I clearly told her that I wanna continue the same), but i got a message few minutes after I disconnected call saying "your Itemized billing has been deactivated".

I think Hutch staff is totally illiterate and STUPID.

I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES OF HUTCH.

• Aj
      25th of Jul, 2007

I am a hutch user from last four Year 9811704870. I want to convert this connection to prepaid to Postpaid. For this i call hutch care they send the executive Name : Ankit Mob No 9999789990, 9811872653. 6 Days Back i submit my all documents and 250/- to a Hutch executive. He give me new sim and tell this will be activated in 72 Hours. Till now this is not activated. Now From Last 3 Days i m facing this problem. When i visit Hutch Shop Ghaziabad then they are ask for another 250 Rs. I am also follow with the Ankit but he is saying that u have to go on hutch shop and solve the problem.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ajay Kaushik.

• Sh
      13th of Sep, 2007

i parches new sim card but dosent start..............
    plz start it

26th of Sep, 2007

I'm using hutch postpaid sim since more than one year i just want to check my call list for the month of september 2007 my phone no. is 98855334927

26th of Sep, 2007

I want to check with my call list for the month of september 2007 my mobile phone no. is 98855334927

• Sr
      5th of Oct, 2007

sir/madem

I want postpaid sim connection please send me postpaid package details and sim servicess , calls rates for minit for all details.

who to apply the postpaid sim please send my mail

10th of Oct, 2007

I am using postpaid Hutch. I want to change that SIM to my name. Right now it's on my Brother's name. Tell me the process of how to change and also how to pay the bill on online.

• Ra
      27th of Oct, 2007

I want postpaid sim connection please send me postpaid package details and sim services , calls rates for mint for all details.

Who to apply the postpaid sim please send my mail!

• Ke
      24th of Nov, 2007

Hutch as well its new incarnation Vodaphone is "Stupid" to call it less. After shifting to Bangalore, I went for post-paid connection of Hutch (9886331567).
    Some stupid executive sitting at his office "validated" my residence address and "researched" my credit worthiness and decided that I am worth Rs. 1750 credit a month. I need to attend conference call to USA while on move and its quite regula. This very need was discussed while I took connection and so given a talk plan. So it happens that if I use phone for a week, outstanding goes beyond Rs. 1750 and start receiving SMS/phone reminding to pay. I end up paying thru credit card on adhoc basis, atleast twice a month, just to keep my connection activated.
    Its different matter that I never defaulted payment in billing cycle, yet phone got de-activated twice as I exceeded credit limit - set unilaterally by Hutch.
    e-mail sent to Nodal officer resulted into enhancing credit limit to Rs. 2750 - again w/o any logic about how they arrived to this amount.
    I am at pain - these mobile phone company have expanded beyond the level they can manage it efficiently - they have chosen to punish high spending subscribers - rather giving them enhanced services, they care little to even listen to their genuine grievances .
    As for their Help-Line, I have one example - on 17th Nov I called 111 of Vodaphone - executive their after talking me little,put me on hold ------ it can taste paitence of anyone - I could not keep it after 43 mins. and dis-connected. Called againto complain - new executive and as I complained - reply was - Sir, you are not getting charged for call to this no. so why complain !!!!!!!

Do I have reason enough to dump Vodaphone?

10th of Dec, 2007

Currently I am using Post paid Hutch connection. I want to change that number to prepaid. Is there anyway to do that?

• Sc
      22nd of Mar, 2009

FRAUD/ Cheating committed by Vodafone Company

Sir/madam,

This is with reference to my Vodafone Connection, I had purchased on the 15th of April 2007 for a price of Rs 2100/-. According the Plan I was offerred the following tariff:

V2V - 50 p

V2O – Re 1

STD – Rs 1.50

Recently I went to a Vodafone Store wherein I was given a “THANK YOU CARD”, free of cost as a special gift stating that it will add to the benefits of my plan.

After I dialed to avail of the benefit of the Special Gift to my utter surprise instead of giving benefit, I was penalized and without my acceptance my local call rates were increased as follows:

V2V - Re 1

V2O – Re 1

STD – Re 1

I constantly called Vodaphone office from the 16th March asking for a justification and reason for the change in call rates without my prior knowledge, I was asked to call the next day so that their accounts are updated. On the next day none of the executives were able to find the actual reason for this change of Plan. On the 18th I was suggested to go to a vodafone store at Preet Vihar. On my visit there, after waiting for almost an hour, I was informed that my query would be resolved within 24 hours. After waiting for the stipulated time, I received no response from their end so I called the customer care. I had a word with the floor supervisor Mr Rajinder who informed me that the revised call rates were due to recharging with the Thank You card. When I informed him that I am a local Student and do not make STD Calls his behaviour was very Rude and Shocking and he disconnected the Phone by saying that recharging with the Tahnkyou Card was my fault.

I feel I have been Cheated By offering a Thankyou Card as there was no written or verbal warning on the Thank you card which has not only put me to Financial Loss but also Mental harassment as being a student and my Examination are due I can not afford the present Call rates. Because of the Call rates I had Spent Rs 2100/- initially to accept this Scheme.

As such type of behaviour is not Expacted from a Multi National Company Like Vodphone, I request you to revert Back my Orignal Plan and Call rates without Delay which were prevailing prior to offering Thankyou Card.

ANKITA KOHLI