Hutch India / Unsolicited ringtones download

1 India Review updated:

Hutch has downloaded a cheap hindi song as my ring tone WITHOUT my permission on my prepaid connection which is affecting my business and all my clients are making fun of it. Further Hutch has gone ahead and charged for the same by way of automatically deducting the amount from the cash balance,On calling the Hutch customer care repeatedly they refused to entertain my complaint and kept saying that their systems were being upgraded and they cant do anything about this matter. They say that i should call every few hours to check if their systems are ok only then will they be able to revert with an answer. In the interium they asked me to call the caller tunes no 123143 to see if the matter could be solved from that end and when i did so they put me on hold with a prerecorded computer message which kept going on and charged my account more money without any customer care personal coming on line. Such a large company is resorting to such a cheap and low form of cheating is very sad and they should be penalized. They have been valued highly by Vodafone due to us -Hutch's large number and valued customers. It is a shame that Hutch is resorting to these kind of tactics to fleece its customers. Hope the company reads this and takes appropriate action.

Comments

• Pr
      2nd of Mar, 2007
    Hutch - Harassment for documents
    India

I am holding my prepaid account with Hutch since approx 6 years and have submitted my identification / address proof documents thrice. In spite of this I receive cll from the company representative asking me to re-submit the same.I have told them to let me know as to what have they done with the documents that I have submitted earlier as these are confidential and personal data.There is no response from their end on the same.

Since, the last 3 days Hutch has disconnected my caller id and is thereby resorting to harassment to obtain documents that have been submitted thrice already.

If they do not resolve this issue to my satisfaction i will claim compensation from them for losing my personal data and harassment and will also close my account and approach the papers for assistance.

• Re
      17th of May, 2007
    Hutch - Unauthorized charges levied

Re: Hutch

This is to inform you that I Ms Renuka Suvarna having cell No : 9920306451 (Prepiad) was shocked to be charged amount of Rs 99/- from my prepaid balance.

When contacted your call centre with Mr Lucky & Mr. Avi I was informed the the same has been charged as Cricket commentary charges, of which i have no knowledge.

Also when asked about what confirmation if any from my side, I failed to get any justification or clarification from your call centre for the charges levied.

Please be informed that neither have i requested or even received such an sms from your side regarding the above facility, so why i have been charged this dubious amount.

Also inspite of repeated reminders & follow ups i have not received any responce from your call centre people.

Is this how you treat your customers.

I once again demand that the amount charged to be refunded to me.

I case i do not receive the same i will compled to take up the matter with consumer forum.

Early action in this regard will highly appreciated.

Regards
    Renuka Suvarna

• Ra
      22nd of May, 2007
    Hutch - Executive does not give proper response!
    India

Many times I have requested to the Hutch Shop to convert my postpaid connection into Prepaid. But no response to date. It is therefore requested to intervene into the matter personally. So that connection should be changed from Postpaid to Prepaid. If no response from your good self I will file a complaint in District Consumer Forum against Hutch Company/Executives. I have also met your executives in Hutch Shop in V-Mart, Nakodar Road, Jalandhar but no response. I seem there is no customer satisfaction/co-operation etc. Copy kept for Legal Action against the Company. Send reply/compliance/e-mail at the earliest.

Yours Sincerely,
    Rakesh Verma.

24th of May, 2007
    Hutch - Problem of new connection activation
    India

I took a Hutch postpaid connection on 19 May 2007 and 30 minutes after the purchase of the connection it got activated also but the very next dat it was deactivated without any prior notice. when I contacted the customer care service I was told that they have not received the application form thus it has been deactivated and as soon as they will receive the form it will be activated again.Next day the dealer from where i took the connection, confirmed that the application form has reached the Hutch desk I contacted Customer care again then I was told that I have crossed the credit limit of Rs. 300 hence the services have been terminated. How can they play with the customer like this giving silly excuses. On the whole a very pathetic service.

• Sh
      30th of May, 2007
    Hutch - Looting customers money
    India

Hutch are the new age looters who loot innocent customers money into their big pockets. I had been a prepaid Hutch customer for two years. One nice day I have topped up for Rs.850 which gets the customer 60 days validity, shockingly the service got disconnected within a week. When contacted Hutch anchors they were saying I need to refill it more with Rs.99 because they had put me into easy chalta rahen plan. Customer can only do one thing 'bang your head on the wall'.

30th of May, 2007

I do agree with this complaint of downloading unsolicited ringtones by Hutch. I had a corporate connection from Hutch while serving in TCS, Kolkata. One fine evening, I mistakenly dialed "123" but disconnected it within seconds; And from the very next day there was a Caller Tone of some unknown song on my cell. While inquiring about the same from their customer care, I was intimated that I have selected that "UNKNOWN SONG' and it has been charged with Rs. 30/- (that will be reflected in my next billing cycle). Anyways, still I find Hutch to be far better than Airtel (Airtel really sucks).

Indian companies should focus more on their Sales departments and emphasize on their executives to be more ethical, honest, trained and up-to-date with latest plans / products / policies. Consumers don't need to be bombarded with colorful Advertisements / hoardings / marketing strategies, rather they need "Quality" and commitment from these companies.

• Mu
      1st of Jun, 2007
    Hutch - Bill not received for 3 months
    India

Out of 4 months i shift to post paid connection (hutch) only once i received the bill. Every month at least 4 complaints are done by me, the customer care executive says the bill is already delivered, on demand of duplicate bill 5 days time is given but no bill is received, again the executive says bill delivered. Executive says u may take print out from hutch site online but he cant ensure that bill will be delivered in future or not. All time he says may i help u. What kind of help can they provide, i dont understand. So the result is that bill shall never be delivered to me. Even an executive called mr. Vijay says go online to view bill, bill delivery may not be ensured, and he cant help in this regard. How embarrassing.