Husky / Bad service

I have had this power washer for approx nine months and have used it 4 times last summer (max).

I drained and stored it properly last fall (in my warm basement), and, when I took it out this past weekend, the handle leaked like a cheap umbrella.

I called (or chatted with) my friendly Husky Customer Service Rep who informed me that, while the power washer was warranteed for 3 years, the handle was only covered for 90 DAYS!

He then so graciously offered me a replacement for $40 plus shipping.

First of all, a loaf bread in the fridge lasts longer that 90 days.
Second, using their logic, it looks as though I will need to pay approximately $40 annually so my $190 power washer works properly.
Third, when I took the handle apart to trouble shoot, I saw that, while the nozzle was brass, both sides of the housing was made of plastic! Plastic and brass won't last a month at 120 PSI -- let alone 2, 000 PSI. It is junk...no wonder they give you a 90-day warrantee.
Fourth, even a cursory review of the net would show that Husky has a horrible reputation for these power washers. If I would have looked, I never would have bought.

Don't buy this piece of trash. I am taking my washer back to Home Depot this weekend. If they don't give me my money back completely, I will never step foot in there again. I will go to Lowes.

Ri

Comments

• Ro
      27th of Nov, 2008

after approx. 6 uses husky 2200 psi gas power washer cuts out when wand is trigger is pulled

5th of Apr, 2009

I, m sending you this complaint about your Belmont Ontario I when in to get fuel for the company truck which has a Husky credit card the card reader showed the pass number was invalid it was the frist time it was used on the card reader I go inside to get help and i was told that they can not help me as far as i, m concern i would not deal with with a company thats in consider to costomers

ROBERT SAWYER (NOT HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE)

5th of Apr, 2009

IF YOU HAD PEPOLE WHO TRY TO MAKE YOUR COMPAY NUMBER ONE OR YOUR PRODUCT WHAT EVER IT IS YOU WOULD NOT NEED IT BUT THE WAY I SEE IT THOUGH MY EXPERINCE IT WILL NOT HAPPEN I FEEL SORRY FOR COMPANYS THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS GO UNDER BECAUSE OF BAD MANGERMENT