Hunter Fan Company / Scam and cheating

1 P.O. Box 14775Memphis, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 901-743-136

I bought a humidifier at Walmart and after six months it stopped. I was told that if I mailed the unit to Hunter Fan Company with the receipt that I would get a refund. They claim that they never received it and have ripped me off the $40 for the unit, the unit itself and the postage I had to pay. These humidifiers are sold at Walmart so BEWARE!!!

An

Comments

• Me
      15th of Jul, 2013
    Hunter Fan Company - Faulty fan
    Hunter Fan Comoany
    Binghamton
    New York

Hunter Fan Company manufactured a model#23560 ceiling fan which included a remote control for both forward and reverse motions. The remote switch fails and Hunter Fan Company will replace the remote switch at the customers cost, of course. I replaced the remote switch in 2008, at my cost. The remote switch failed again in 2013. When I contacted Hunter Fan Company, they told me the fan model#23560 had been discontinued. BUT they still sell the "remote switch". That indicates to me that the fan model#23560 was the faulty product, not the remote switch, which they are still selling to customers. I complained to Hunter Fan Company in a letter and have never received a response. I then complained tot he BBB in Memphis, TN. The BBB accepted anything Hunter Fan Company told them and refused to follow up on a resolution. Hunter Fan Company has a shameful and unprofessional customer service and the BBB of Mid-South located in Memphis, TN is just as bad

• Eg
      9th of Aug, 2016

I bought a rather expensive Hunter ceiling fan. The blades were supposed to be reversible, but were damaged on one side -all the blades had scarring and paint spatter on them. I figured I would just get replacement blades. So I installed anyway, Big mistake. The motor was no better. Smells like burning oil and metal. Thought I would let it "run in" to see if it was over lubricated and would burn off. No such luck - just got worse. Called Hunter support. Waited over 15 min. The "call me back function" (so I don't have to wait on the phone) just got me disconnected. So I called back and waited. Got a customer service rep reading trouble shooting instructions who could barely read the materials (yes, a native English speaker, just not an informed one). She told me to run the fan. I told her I had already done that. She said to do it more and call back. No way am I leaving that fan on when I am not in the house in case of fire. Asked for a supervisor. Told I can't get one until the ticket is closed out. Have to disassemble the whole fan and send it back in order to get a replacement. Very snotty and not even remotely sorry that the product was totally defective. I can't reach the location of the fan by myself and can't do electrics, so I had an electrician do it. Supervisor said tough - they specifically make the fans so that consumers can install themselves. So I said, fine, send me a box that is big enough to ship it back without disassembling the whole thing (took a professional 2.5 hours and he said it was a tricky install). There is also a warning in the instructions that someone qualified and knowledgeable about electrical equipment should do the install. They said tough. So I will have to call someone back twice - once to take it down and disassemble, wait for the shipping materials, drag it to fed ex, call the electrician back and put it up again. Really the fan blades and the motor are pretty much the entire fan, so they can't even get one out of 2 correct. The fan, even disassembled is bulky and heavy. Some people who buy ceiling fans are not strapping young athletes but older homeowners. The return process should not be punitive for the customer.