Hunt and Henriques Law Firm/Collection Agency / Unfair Business tactics/Threats

1 151 Bernal Road Suite 8San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 408-362-2270

This agency represents themselves as a Law Firm and Collection Agency. When in fact all they really intend to do is harass the people that are facing hard times. I have an account that was assigned to this firm they never made any attempts to contact me until I was served with legal papers saying they were suing me. When I tried to negotiate a payment plan they were unwilling to take any money from me and said that they would get their payments through a wage garnishment. Unfortunately I will have to now file bankruptcy to avoid them taking my pay. The representative Kristie said that since I refused to pay that they were attaching my wages. The fact of the matter is that I never refused to pay I just was unable to pay like many other americans. We have been going through tough times to try and keep our home and with that have had to make some tough decisions on what to let go. Hopefully enough complaints will be filed against this firm to have their licenses revoked.

Comments

• Ke
      1st of Jun, 2009

They are absolutely one of the worst collection agencies have ever come across. But then I think most collection agencies are crooked anyway. I paid a settlement for a Providian credit card account and never received a receipt for it. If you months later has contacted by another collection agency for the same account. I produced my canceled check and assumed I was done with that debt. Eight years later I am contacted by Hunt and Henriques Law Firm/Collection Agency and I'm unable to find any records of that debt. Wells Fargo does not hold onto copies of checks for more than six years. But I think the California Superior Court's are just as guilty for allowing collection agencies like Hunt and Henriques Law Firm/Collection Agency to file without documentation.

• Ju
      2nd of Aug, 2009

i just got a letter from them saying i owe a little over $300, 000 from a credit card at wells fargo of which back in janurary they said i owed between $600 - $700

23rd of Oct, 2010

i had to deal with hunt and henriques and i so agree with the person who stated the court system should be protectin the consumer first and when these collections come across their desk they should be asking for the original papers in order to grant any type of collections, i owed discover credit card, i stopped paying them in 2001 when i got divorced, in 2005 hunt and henriques got a judgement against me and my wages were being garnished, when i called the court house to file it was to late and when i asked about the papers that were suppose to of been served on me, the court stated the paper shows a john doe was served...Hello was this not the first clue the judge in this case had? who excepts something like that???? so the courts are just as guilty as the collection agencies are in abusing our consumer rights. And most recently they got a garnishment to do a bank levy on my husband and my bank account, however the law states under civi code of procedure that this bank levy is good for the day it was delivered to the bank and only that day, my bank citi bank decided to take funds out and freeze my account 10 days later which is against the ccp in the state of california, now i have had to file bankruptcy and wish there were more responsible people in our banks and courts that would protect our rights. first thing first, consumer protect is the law and that should be first and formost.