Hundai / Santro Xing / Uneducated maintenance facility
I have sep 2005 purchased santro xing. Its crankshaft cracked. Car is under repair. While visiting to company showroom cum repair service center i found following.
1. Company has no standard procedure for maintenance of car in india.
2. They don't use manual for repair, they are just fitter. They don't have any measuring tool and they do what out side workshop fellow tells them.
3. Their worker don't follow any safety procedure while working on work shop.
4. Charge are exorbitant, for basic fitting job 3500 rs and engineering work 3000 more to work shop fellow.
5. As there is no standard procedure for maintenance so major engine work is either on chance or work shop fellow (who even dot have access to hundai cars technical manual.
Beware and dot buy car from this make. As there maintenance procedure, company commitment to trained work force and to do right thing is not there. Your car will give way like mine after only 18000 km plus you will not get proper work done even if you spend money.