Humana Health Insurance / everything

46 lottie's lane, Nellysford, VA, US Review updated:
Phone: 434-989-5510

I'm beggin anyone who has had problems with Humana to email, call, or send a letter to me stating your complaint and any supporting information you have about your complaint. I have made a decision to dedicate my "free time" to organizing a "front" against Humana. While words do not hold water by themselves, nor do individual complaints, I believe it is possible to have a group of persons large enough to attract the media. If I could acheive this goal, Humana would be forced to respond to a "newsworthy" story. I'm offering all of my time to deal with this. However, it will go nowhere without your help. Please email me, [protected]@yahoo.com, write me, 46 lottie's lane, nellysford, va 22958, or call me at [protected]. thankyou, jenny schmtiz

Comments

• Ju
      Aug 28, 2009

TIP OF THE ICE-BERG. Run, Run, Run as fast as you can away from this insurance. I am a healthcare provider in Florida-TAKE MY ADVICE- keep your MEDICARE- Do Not Sign up for this plan. Its a full risk plan for doctors. That means Humana pays a doctor a certain amount of money to look after you. Full risk- They pay for most tests, medications and most procedures. As you can imagine that's a good incentive to order less tests, use the cheapest medications and to cut costs. The money they don't spend on you they keep. Humana usually contracts with doctors that care more about the bottom line and not your health. I have seen people die, have strokes and become riddeled with cancer because of these greedy doctors and this criminal insurance company.
    Little secret- most doctors just write off the c0-pays from medicare and never send you to collections. You will never have a problem seeing a specialist or getting an appointment. If you value your health and life stay as far away from Humana Gold Plus as you can.

• He
      Jun 27, 2011

Agree 100%. Our experiences with Humana Gold Plus providers and some specialists have been nightmares! Humana means high risk for YOU as the patient. It is true that the doctor is paid a certain amount of money, just like this provider states. We confirmed this with a Humana representative. If you want sub-standard care and want to take chances on your health and life, then Humana is the plan for you. If not, get out! The only way to successfully survive Humana is to get referrals to qualified specialists for treatment when needed. Beware of the specialists as well and make sure they are reputable and not influenced by the Humana pay scale. Both the primary and specialists in the Humana network are very likely to care more about the dollar than about your health. If you are stuck with Humana for the moment and have a health condition or symptoms, don't give up until you get the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. You may save your own life.

• Ir
      Feb 25, 2013

My complaint has nothing to do with my primary care physician or specialists. My physician (and a lot of other physicians) have to work so much harder with the insurance companies to get the benefits their patients believe they are paying for. My complaint...HUMANA. Medicare & the rising costs of prescription's and health-care. (Thank you Obama)! Last year I paid $ 7.00 for a 30 day supply of Quinapril. It was a tier one generic prescription of Accupril. Today (switched to a Humana Medicare Ins.) I paid $36.98 for the same prescription. When I called Humana, I spent at least 45 min on the phone...mostly on hold...and was told that my tier one prescription was now considered a tier 3 (because someone decided it should be) and the cost would be more. When I asked what the preferred brand would cost, I did not get an answer. All of my prescriptions are now 4 to 5 times higher in cost. Hard working tax paying Americans no longer matter. READ THE FINE PRINT. GET A WRITTEN COST FOR EVERY PROCEDURE FROM THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND THE PHYSICIAN. AND THEN PAY ONLY THAT. SEND THE BALANCE OF THE BILL TO MR OBAMA.