Humana Dental / cancel plan

1 MO, United States Review updated:

In summary, this is a very poor dental plan with very few dentists accepting the plan. My dentist explained to me that Humana would not cover some routine checkup procedures that every other dental insurance company would cover. I called and cancelled my Humana Dental plan on June 6, 2011. That lady said the plan would be cancelled by the end of June with no premium deducted in July. Sure enough, my credit card got hit in July so I called and the second lady said she would RESEND the cancellation request even though the first one was still on file. Two weeks later I called and was told that it takes 30-60 days to cancel the plan which is not what the first lady told me. Each time i was promised an email or call to confirm the activity...nothing happened.

Today is July 19, 2011...

Comments

• Ha
      19th of Sep, 2012

HUMANA DENTAL PLAN IS THE WORST DENTAL PLAN I EVER DEALT WITH..I SIGNED UP WITH THEM TWO YEARS AGO..THINGS DID NOT GO AS I WAS EXPECTED..THEY HAVE A POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE..THEY WILL SIGN YOU UP FOR A PLAN BUT THEY DONT EXPLAIN THE PLAN CORRECTLY, WHAT % COVERED OR WHAT YOU PAY FROM YOUR POCKET...ALSO THEY WILL SIGNED YOU UP ON AUTOMATIC BILL PAY ON YOUR CHECKING ACOUNT...FIRST THEY TOLD ME IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR PLAN TO $19.99 A MONTH YOU WILL GET UP TO $1500.00 COVERAGE EVERY YEAR..SO I SIGNED UP FOR $19.99 MONTHLY PLAN..NOW I WENT TO DENTIST FOR YEARLY CLEAN UP AND X=RAY . WELL GUESS WHAT THEY ONLY PAY 50%...OF THE TOTAL BILL..ON MY OLD PLAN I WAS PAYING $15.50 A MONTH AND I WAS GETTING FREE CLEANING AND FREE X-RAY EVERY 6 MONTH...NOW I'M PAYING $4.49 MORE A MONTH ..AND I HAVE TO PAY 50% OF CLEANING AND X=RAY .. SO NOW I'M WAITING FOR AUTHORIZATION FOR A FILLING .IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH...SO I CALLED HUMANA TO FIND OUT WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG FOR AUTHORIZATION ...THEY TOLD ME THEY DONT HAVE A RECORD OF IT..SO NOW I HAVE TO CALL MY DENTIST AND GET ANOTHER ELECTRONIC AUTHORIZATION AND WAIT ANOTHER 60 DAYS..FOR A SMALL FILLING AND I HAVE TO PAY 50% FROM MY POCKET ..SO MUCH FOR HUMANA DENTAL ..SO I ASKED THE REPRESENTITVE THAT I NEED TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP..SHE SAID YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT US A LETTER ...WILL TAKE UP TO 60 DAYS AFTER WE GET THE LETTER...I DONT KNOW WHY I'M PAYING $19.99 A MONTH...THIS COMPANY NEED TO BE AUDITED BY TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD..THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.I SPENT OVER $5000.00 ON DENTIST FOR A ONE CROWN AND ONE BRIDGE..THAT IS AFTER THE INSURANCE .I'M STILL PAYING FOR IT ...MY BLOOD PRESURE AND STRESS LEVEL IS GOING UP I HAVE TO STOP...

• Nh
      14th of Apr, 2014

I have same problem cancelling my contract because I was covered by another insurance. Every time I called them, I could only listen to an automated call system and finally was disconnected! Four months passed and charges kept incurred. I have just read a news that they were sued by Doyle in Missouri alleged same issue as mine. They really really deserve it!

• Nh
      14th of Apr, 2014

I was covered by another insurance plan and attempted to cancel my HumanaOne policy. I called them back in November but only encountered by an automated call system. I finally went to their website and sent them an email. No response but charges incurred continuously every month until now. I tried again last week to contact them but same problem, an automated call system and finally got disconnected. Just tried to email them again from my personal email address so that at least they cannot refuse not receiving my request even though it sounds kind of late! Humana really deserve a lawsuit like the one was filed last January 2014...

13th of Apr, 2018

I got an Humana Dental plan ad in the mail. Before I recycled it I called Humana Dental One. Spoke to a fast talking woman and she was confusing and just wanted to sign me up now. Told her that I would have to check out the dentists in my area to make sure they are not in a large chain where they are all employees and own their own practices.
    It's better to contract your own price with a local dentist than these crooked insurance companies after the age of 65 you are pretty screwed on dental care in the USA, and $1500 a year won't cover ONE tooth. Why has nothing changed here in Dental care?
    You can go to Mexico and get a great crown(Porcelain) and pay $100.00 for it and have nice a little trip and scuba dive or whatever. Why are they coming to this country? I think Mexico looks pretty good for dental care and RX as well. I hope Pres Trump will address the criminality of medical care and dental care or non care in this country soon as it is all a Medical Dental Industrial Complex scam on Americans and it's got to end and crooked politicians lining their pockets to protect them has to be front page news.