Huisgenoot / You magazine / Huisgenoot / You tydskrif - scratchcard scam

1 South Africa Review updated:

Huisgenoot / You tydskrif - scratchcard scam

I purchased the Huisgenoot magazine d.d. 7-October-2010 & found a scratch card inside. After doing the scratch work, I found to have had three of the same symbols, know I had to scratch the 2nd block saying that one of the prizes will be sent to me, I than had to scratch block 3 and found what seemed to be a "unique" 4 digit number together with the instructions to SMS this number, my name & postal address to the SMS no. 36632, of which I did - SMS cost was R5.00.

a Few seconds later I got confirmation that my winning number was accepted. In the meantime I read the scratch card (issued by International Merchandising Services - 21st Anniversary Celebration) - address Private Bag X15, Eppindust. 7475.

The prizes were :- R10 000 travel voucher, DSTV set, HD TV, Cellphone, Digital camera, Hi-Fi, GPS, DVD player, diswasher of which any one will be sent to you within 5 days of receiving SMS confirmation.

Next morning "Googled" International Merchandising Services on I-Net & up came several complaints - this is a scam !! Please do the same & read !!

How can Huisgenoot magazine do something like this or even allow a respectable magazine of many years to participate in this ??

Could we as readers please have answers & International Merchandising Services be wiped off the face of the earth - JAIL !!

(what was NOT mentioned, but can be read on this website in other complaints, that people were asked to pay sums of money i.e. R129, R140, etc. and were promised R100 k +).

HOW CAN YOU WIN SOMETHING IF YOU DID NOT EVEN ENTER A COMPETITION ???

Comments

8th of Dec, 2010
    Huisgenoot / You magazine - Scratch card scam
    Andre Pretorius
    South Africa

Just to see what happens, I wrote a cheque to International Merchandising Services begining Nov-2010 for R149 - havent heard anything nor received my R100 000 prize cheque I was promised !!

Refer to my comments & complaints during Oct-2010.

Andre Pretorius